5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BILSTEIN 6112 ✔

drchris1978

Reaction score
$699, is that for front and rear or just fronts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cool, I wonder how much the top hat parts would be. The 6112s are only a tube, perch, and coil. You can disassemble your stock struts and reuse the top hat assembly, but the 6112 is not a full coil over.

I may be interested in building a 6112 coil over and selling my 5100 fully assembled struts.

CJR28

Reaction score
Cool, I wonder how much the top hat parts would be. The 6112s are only a tube, perch, and coil. You can disassemble your stock struts and reuse the top hat assembly, but the 6112 is not a full coil over.

I may be interested in building a 6112 coil over and selling my 5100 fully assembled struts.
Im waiting on getting my ORP springs from the dealer as my BTS didnt come with them. When they replace them im having them throw on my 5100s and when I get the 6112s ill just replace the whole assembly

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
does this kit add 2 inches to the rebel plus the already 1in so 3 inches total?

CJR28

Reaction score
So clip #8 should level a Rebel or ORP truck im guessing?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That chart is sure confusing... Is there a different coil supplied for each option? The suspension geometry of all 4 options should be the same, I expected. The difference in ORP/Rebel and non is in the spring design.

Last edited:

Americantruck04

Reaction score
That chart is sure confusing... the ORP/Rebel spring is taller, so I would have guessed #7 and #8 are DO NOT USE, and those numbers would have shifted down. Stock height would be at the bottom. Maybe I’m missing something...
I don’t know what to till you this is directly from bilsteins website

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know what to till you this is directly from bilsteins website

Yep, caught me mid-edit. Seems like the chart may be edited later, or they have a different 6112 coil for each of the 4 options. I’ll be interested to learn more once they’re available.

CJR28

Reaction score
Yep, caught me mid-edit. Seems like the chart may be edited later, or they have a different 6112 coil for each of the 4 options. I’ll be interested to learn more once they’re available.
The 6112s are the same concept as the 5100s. The listed gains are over stock, so if you have a ORP truck on setting #8 you will gain 2” over the extra 1” you already have with a ORP springs. The max you can gain with the 5100s on a ORP truck is 2” on setting #5. Im guessing stock UCAs were taken into consideration with this and you should be ok with either stock or Mopar arms

drchris1978

Reaction score
So it looks like the 6112’s are now available. Price is $799 per pair on their website!

Last edited:

drchris1978

Reaction score
I contacted Bilstein directly last week and they emailed me Monday and said they’re available on their website. I did a google search and found the a little cheaper here:

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I contacted Bilstein directly last week and they emailed me Monday and said they’re available on their website. I did a google search and found the a little cheaper here:

Good find.

It would probably be wise to wait a week or two until the vendors all receive their stock so we can see what actual market pricing looks like.

CJR28

Reaction score

I contacted shockwarehouse about the availability and their customer service said they are basically available as a preorder, they dont have them in stock yet but will ship them as they become available. The CS said most likely first week in Nov

drchris1978

Reaction score
Good to know. Looks like we’ll be getting these for Christmas then lol

Sprune

Reaction score
I don’t understand how the different settings affect strut length. If placed on setting #8 are you adding preload to the spring thereby creating a rougher riding shock?

mr.fusion

Reaction score
Anyone plan to build these into a full coilover instead of re-using your existing springs, etc? Just throwing that out there because I have not looked into what exactly is needed and what it would cost. I'm leaning toward an Icon kit... so I'm curious how this would compare in quality and ride performance.

Mother

Reaction score
Anyone plan to build these into a full coilover instead of re-using your existing springs, etc? Just throwing that out there because I have not looked into what exactly is needed and what it would cost. I'm leaning toward an Icon kit... so I'm curious how this would compare in quality and ride performance.

These come with springs. You re-use your factory top mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread