5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I confirm that the 5100s definitely fit the Rebel. Position #5 has perfectly leveled me, even with 300lbs of sand in the bed.

Just chuck the silver perch adapters from the included install kits. The OEM Rebel parts fit perfectly without those adapters
That’s crazy. Thanks for reporting back and happy it worked out for you. How’s the ride? UCAs look good?

Kevin O'Leary

Reaction score
Had the dealer put my shocks in yesterday. They have it set at setting 5 to get it perfectly level, and from what I can measure, that lifted my front up 2.5 inches. Dont know how that is, but thats how it turned out...

Wasachevyguy

Reaction score
First, I’ve read through all 29 pages of this thread so hopefully this senator and question has a slightly new twist. I have a 1500 crew bighorn with the 5’7” box, and 285/55R 20 so they’re roughly 1/4”/1/2” taller/wider than stock and aggressive tread. I want to level, but leave a bit of rake as I pull and/or have a light-med. load in the back a lot. No ORP. So, a ton of take and low ride. My Bilstein 5100s just showed up. I’m planning for #6 setting in front (2.2”) and 1” in back. I actually considered going #7 in front and 1” in back, but after seeing a lot of people just running #5 on front and calling it good, I’m now limiting to #6 up front with the 1” in back. Thoughts? Anyone ran anything similar? Appearance is subjective I know, so I’m just looking for opinions. Thank you.

Mike5113RAM

Reaction score
Got the 5100's installed a few days ago and I'm very happy with the addition. Ride quality is excellent - less floaty bounce over road imperfections and slightly more rigid around looping freeway offramps.

The shocks are set to 5 (1.7"). I have just a hair over 0.5" rake. Any thoughts on larger tire size on the stock 18's are appreciated.

eae945c82d2c17029120d8ac8f5891fc.jpg
6e03f45dadffbdad236c42b5bc6b00dd.jpg
330d381d1e39f0a2d832e2576a2429bf.jpg
eb8290cb8a9560adcc3b0c73b93125f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did your oem coil springs ends, both top & bottoms land in the same place on passenger and drivers side, seems like my tops are 180 deg different, did my 5100's yesterday also used # 5.

Wasachevyguy

Reaction score
Actually, I have a follow up question: The rear 5100 Bilstein shocks say 0-1” lift. However, I don’t see any adjustment on the rear? Does the rear not actually raise the truck, unlike the front adjustable 5100 struts? If not, I guess i need a spacer for the rear?

Mike5113RAM

Reaction score
Actually, I have a follow up question: The rear 5100 Bilstein shocks say 0-1” lift. However, I don’t see any adjustment on the rear? Does the rear not actually raise the truck, unlike the front adjustable 5100 struts? If not, I guess i need a spacer for the rear?
I asked the mechanic who did mine, he said no, i guess they cover ORP & NON ORP.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does any one know; do the rebel UCAs have more travel in them than the off road package UCAs? If so is the 2” lift UCA similar to the rebel or the ORP?

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I ordered a set of the Bilstein 5100’s for my Longhorn. Going to remove the top hat spacer I put in soon after I bought the truck. I wasn’t having any problems with the spacer and not really sure why I decided to remove it and put in the Bilstein 5100’s. I sure hope it doesn’t ruin the great ride my truck has now.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed mine. Took 4 hours. Most of that was me trying to get the OEM strut out of the spring. Super happy with them
Yeah mine just came in as well im doing just the front on my big horn 6.4 bed wow 4hrs you were cruising or something

Wasachevyguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer about the rear 5100s being intended for ORP or a spacer.

Since I didn’t get feedback from the original question I’ll try again: I’ve read through all 29 pages of this thread so hopefully this exact question hasn’t been asked/answered. 1500 crew, 5’7” box, and 285/55R 20. Stock. No ORP. No Rebel. I want to level, but leave a bit of rake as I pull and/or have a light-med. load in the back a lot. I’m planning on setting my Bilstein 5100s for #6 setting in front (2.2”) and 1” in back. I planned on going #7 in front and 1” in back, but after seeing a lot of people just running #5 on front, I’m going to stop at #6 up front with the 1” in back. Thoughts? Anyone ran anything similar? I want to save wear and tear on UCAs and joints and minimize mileage loss, but want a good look. Appearance is subjective I know, so I’m just looking for opinions. Thank you.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer about the rear 5100s being intended for ORP or a spacer.

Since I didn’t get feedback from the original question I’ll try again: I’ve read through all 29 pages of this thread so hopefully this exact question hasn’t been asked/answered. 1500 crew, 5’7” box, and 285/55R 20. Stock. No ORP. No Rebel. I want to level, but leave a bit of rake as I pull and/or have a light-med. load in the back a lot. I’m planning on setting my Bilstein 5100s for #6 setting in front (2.2”) and 1” in back. I planned on going #7 in front and 1” in back, but after seeing a lot of people just running #5 on front, I’m going to stop at #6 up front with the 1” in back. Thoughts? Anyone ran anything similar? I want to save wear and tear on UCAs and joints and minimize mileage loss, but want a good look. Appearance is subjective I know, so I’m just looking for opinions. Thank you.
there may not be anyone who's documented this exact height set up yet. on my 4th gen big horn, i did the max setting (2.75) in the front, and 1 inch in the back, with 5100's on all 4 corners, and it sat perfectly level. i hate nose high - leveled trucks. i wouldn't worry about uca's with bilsteins. I think the reason people are running #5 in the front is to keep the truck from being nose high since most dont lift the back as well. its not because of UCA worries.

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
Getting my fronts installed tomorrow. Have the North Edition, same as ORP and will use setting #5.
Want a little rake, so thinking of a puck for the back...1".
Here's my dilemma: have the Tufftruck #1211 springs that I pulled from my 2018 1500 Sport that I want to add to help keep me level when I tow or have my ATV in the back.
Question:. Are the ORP springs longer than NON ORP?
Can I add the 1211 with a 1" puck and keep some rake?
Thanks!!!

Scjon03

Reaction score
The ORP springs are longer than NON ORP and I also have a 1" spacer in the rear to get a little bit more rake. Motofab 1" bottom or below spring spacers.... its about 1 1/4" or so from the front. However I'm installing Airlift airbags this week anyways.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
The rear 5100s do not lift - they will accomodate up to a 1" lift from stock.

Users who are viewing this thread