5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

GraniteRam

Reaction score
My goal is to lift the truck to level it (non-orp) in order to fit some 20x12” wheels covered in 35s.

Will the 5100s set to position #5 (1.7”) be all I need to achieve my wheel and tire setup with no rubbing and level me out?
Only way to know for sure is to measure, each truck is different.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
My goal is to lift the truck to level it (non-orp) in order to fit some 20x12” wheels covered in 35s.

Will the 5100s set to position #5 (1.7”) be all I need to achieve my wheel and tire setup with no rubbing and level me out?
Only you can tell us that. Every truck has a slightly different stance from the factory and you will need to measure from the center of the hub to the lip on the fender to see how much rake your truck has. 1.7 may get you level or it may leave you with .5" of rake. Once you measure you can decide what setting you want to run on the shocks.

Also from my understanding those 35's are going to be super tight in the front, especially if you have a negative offset rim. There are plenty of threads on here that discuss this subject alot better then I can and what trimming may be necessary and even how to do it.

rzims

Reaction score
I'm also planning on going with just the bilsteins all the way around to level the truck and put 275 65 20 tires on there. Would love to see pics if anyone has this setup.

agjr85

Reaction score

You'll probably have to go with #6 at 2.2 and keep the offset at no more than -41 .. -44
Some guys with a level claim to have minor rubbing with a 2.5" level. really would depend on the offset and actual width of the tires.

67 RT

Reaction score
I'm also planning on going with just the bilsteins all the way around to level the truck and put 275 65 20 tires on there. Would love to see pics if anyone has this setup.
This is what I am going to do as well. At least that is the plan right now.

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
Anyone planning on running these with the Bilstein 5100 alongside the Readylift 3.5” lift or would you just do the 5100s?

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
Going to see if 4wp will get these ordered. I have the spacer in now. You’d recommend taking that out and running the top hat and bilstein at 5 spot? I have 35s on it now and truly like the well space. Tire not all crammed

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
So for those of you that have the 5100's installed, how has ride quality changed? What the verdict?
The ride is better imo, for many reasons, the front end would float and bounce a bit with bumps and rises/dips in road, now its more planted and brake dive is reduced as well. Corners and turns better now too, since there is less body roll. Just feels more like a Truck should vs how stock rode to me. I am used to my previous Raptor setups, and this doesn't really compete with that feeling, but definitely an improvement. Just need to get the rears bought and installed next to complete the package.

Ram_Feste

Reaction score

Look at the pics I posted, I am running that size tire and bilsteins in front set at spot 5 and using my 2" top hat spacer (as I didn't want to run the shock at the top of its setting and still not get the full height I wanted which was 3" over stock). They didn't have the rears available yet, but you should know the rears aren't height adjustable to create any lift. My truck has air bag helper springs in the rear, so I just aired them from previously 7 psi to 25-30 psi and it rides good finally.

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
Going to see if 4wp will get these ordered. I have the spacer in now. You’d recommend taking that out and running the top hat and bilstein at 5 spot? I have 35s on it now and truly like the well space. Tire not all crammed

Which spacer do you have? Mine was daystar 2.5" which really only netted a little less than 2" total height on my truck and many others. If you have a motofab or other spacer that gives more height, I would only go on the 4th setting and run the top hat. Do you have new UCA's with your current setup? I def need to get some new ones with my setup.

kipeharris

Reaction score
Does anyone have a reveiw on the ride quality of there recently installed 5100s? I am sure they will be stiff at first but, what are your thoughts? I have been waiting for them to come out to level my 19 crew cab but I want something that will not effect the ride toooo much. I am a pavement driver 98% of the time.

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
Does anyone have a reveiw on the ride quality of there recently installed 5100s? I am sure they will be stiff at first but, what are your thoughts? I have been waiting for them to come out to level my 19 crew cab but I want something that will not effect the ride toooo much. I am a pavement driver 98% of the time.
Yes, posted earlier in this thread the ride quality is much improved, less car like bounce and more planted/truck like and handles bumps/curves better too.

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
I have the 3” spacer up front with RL UCA

Correct me if im wrong here, but If you have 3" of lift that isn't coming from one spacer, but two if you are using readylift kit. It has a 2" top spacer and 1.5" preload spacer. Unless you have a different top hat spacer that is truly 3", if that is the case, then you are going to want to put the bilsteins on and use the stock location for the perch as you are going to be at maximum length for all of the rest of the suspension/powertrain parts there in front.

TangoTango

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s info on this post, it's been really helpful. So is the consensus generally that the 5100s at 1.7" and no other suspension mods do not require new UCAs? I’m ok with a little rake, just want to get rid of most of it.

Users who are viewing this thread