5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

knightro84

Reaction score
So this is what I'm thinking for my 2019 RAM 1500 - quad cab, non ORP:

Bilstein 5100 Front set to highest setting
ORP Front Coils
MOPAR UCA's - for 2"(ish) lift
Bilstein 5100 Rear - when available
ORP Rear Coils

The idea is the raise the rear an inch and essentially level the front

Anyone have any comments or think this is a bad idea. Not looking for much, just a small lift/level without the use of spacers.

If you run the ORG front coils, you should only use setting 5 as the highest setting on the 5100's per their installation instructions. Even with running the ORG rear springs this should still level you.

Bellpa

Reaction score
I too thought about adding the ORG coils to my non-ORG Laramie, but have read that they run noticeably stiffer. I'm gonna pull the RC spacers on mine and swap out for the Bilsteins all the way around and a 1" rear coil spacer and see how that goes.

mdscott

Reaction score
If you run the ORG front coils, you should only use setting 5 as the highest setting on the 5100's per their installation instructions. Even with running the ORG rear springs this should still level you.
Perfect! thank you for the info.

agjr85

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about the 5100's or going with the RC Leveling struts. I don't need the max setting on the 5100's, just need 2".
It does allow for an easier install and I can swap out quick too.

Decisions decisions.

knightro84

Reaction score
Summit Racing says that the estimated ship date for the 5100's ordered from them is 1/31, so perhaps that is when they will start shipping from everybody?

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
Summit Racing says that the estimated ship date for the 5100's ordered from them is 1/31, so perhaps that is when they will start shipping from everybody?

I ordered early, before the holidays and got mine shipped the next day from Shockwarehouse with 2 day shipping and installed them already. I was worried about stock running low/out so pulled the trigger the day after the announced they were available.

Bellpa

Reaction score
I ordered early, before the holidays and got mine shipped the next day from Shockwarehouse with 2 day shipping and installed them already. I was worried about stock running low/out so pulled the trigger the day after the announced they were available.
Smart man! I procrastinated.

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
I'm tired of waiting on the Bilstiens, going this route instead...
View attachment 43569
Jk, I did order the 5100's 2 weeks ago, don't even have a tracking # yet geez..

I don’t think that’s the Best option for your truck, I think u will find it to be a bit bouncy. I’d recommend swapping that out for nerf, much smoother highway ride for sure.

Kevin O'Leary

Reaction score
So this is what I'm thinking for my 2019 RAM 1500 - quad cab, non ORP:

Bilstein 5100 Front set to highest setting
ORP Front Coils
MOPAR UCA's - for 2"(ish) lift
Bilstein 5100 Rear - when available
ORP Rear Coils

The idea is the raise the rear an inch and essentially level the front

Anyone have any comments or think this is a bad idea. Not looking for much, just a small lift/level without the use of spacers.
Why would you go with ORP coils? Just out of curiosity...

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I too thought about adding the ORG coils to my non-ORG Laramie, but have read that they run noticeably stiffer. I'm gonna pull the RC spacers on mine and swap out for the Bilsteins all the way around and a 1" rear coil spacer and see how that goes.
I’m probably gonna pull my Readylift level and do the exact same thing as you.

canative

Reaction score
So, I have the ORG. I had the Ready Lift 2" kit with UCA's installed. Can I install the Bilstein's on the 5 setting and still use the aluminum 2" blocks that came with Ready Lift or should I remove them and go to the 5 setting.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
So, I have the ORG. I had the Ready Lift 2" kit with UCA's installed. Can I install the Bilstein's on the 5 setting and still use the aluminum 2" blocks that came with Ready Lift or should I remove them and go to the 5 setting.
No aluminum blocks.

Broose

Reaction score
How are these to install? My mechanical skills are average I’d say. Wanting to try them myself but not if I’m going to screw something up...

Rocko

Reaction score
How are these to install? My mechanical skills are average I’d say. Wanting to try them myself but not if I’m going to screw something up...
Worst thing about it is compressing the springs to disassemble the struts in my opinion. Just makes me a little nervous. I'll probably just take the struts to my local garage this time and have them swap the springs over for me.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know if the rebel has same suspension as ORP rams.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know if the rebel has same suspension as ORP rams.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Some parts are shared, some are different. UCA and springs are the same. Shocks are different, Chrysler/Hitachi on the ORG and Bilstein on the Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread