5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, so then I need to be on the look out for some Rebel/ORG springs :)

Maybe. But I don’t know if you can use the rebel springs on non rebel struts for sure, you’d have to look into that.

Somewhere there’s a thread where a guy had the shocks in hand, and made a comment about not being able to use mopar kit on rebels because the shock bodies are different sizes and you can’t install the spring collar from the rebel bilstein onto the fox shock. That thread.... has a lot of good info. I can’t seem to find it, I think I posted in it but didn’t see it when I skimmed my watched threads

Last edited:

Redpearlsonice

Reaction score
Hi out there, I know this forum is asking about the Bilsteins but has anyone had any experience with the Rough Country 2in Ram 1500 levelling strut?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190820-172605_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190820-172605_Chrome.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 174

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi out there, I know this forum is asking about the Bilsteins but has anyone had any experience with the Rough Country 2in Ram 1500 levelling strut?

Not yet, there’s a separate thread on these but no one had tried them last time I saw. There’s a lot of reviews for the older trucks though.

Zildjian2112

Reaction score
So I just had the rough country leveling struts installed yesterday. I had 2inch preload spacers put in and the ride was terrible. Since Bilstein and rancho are taking their time I had to find an alternative. I have a bighorn north edition with the factory 1 in lift. The rough country struts gave me exactly 1 inch of lift over the factory struts. So I only gained 1 inch total. Truck looks good and rides waaaayyy better than the spacers. I can’t exactly remember what the factory ride was like at this point to compare but if you are looking to level I would not go with spacers. I’m happy with where my truck is at now.

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
So I just had the rough country leveling struts installed yesterday. I had 2inch preload spacers put in and the ride was terrible. Since Bilstein and rancho are taking their time I had to find an alternative. I have a bighorn north edition with the factory 1 in lift. The rough country struts gave me exactly 1 inch of lift over the factory struts. So I only gained 1 inch total. Truck looks good and rides waaaayyy better than the spacers. I can’t exactly remember what the factory ride was like at this point to compare but if you are looking to level I would not go with spacers. I’m happy with where my truck is at now.

Thanks for the info. I have the same truck, did it level your truck? Or is there still some rake?

Zildjian2112

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have the same truck, did it level your truck? Or is there still some rake?
Sorry I forgot about this for a bit. It looks pretty level to the eye. I honestly didn’t really notice the inch loss from the swap. It still looks great to me. No one else has noticed either so I’m happy with it.

Tjarget

Reaction score
I spoke with a Bilstein Rep at an Off Road Warehouse event about six weeks ago. He said a leveling kit for the new ram ( Bilstein 5100's) were developed, being tested, and should be available Nov-Dec. Not sure if he was just selling me, but he said he had driven them and the ride was amazing.

New here, BTW. Hi everyone. Just traded in my 2016 Ecodiesel. Too much hassle with repair issues and the ED settlement fiasco, though I absolutely loved the truck. Picked up a 2019 1500 4x4 Bighorn with off road package.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything new on the Bilstein 5100's? I'm very interested in them as an option to level, but I'm not seeing any info on a release.

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything new on the Bilstein 5100's? I'm very interested in them as an option to level, but I'm not seeing any info on a release.

Here's the update I just received from a tech at Bilstein.

"We should see the 5100 for the latest Ram models debut around early next year. No particular date yet but we appreciate you being patient while we finalize our tuning for the product."

JR427

Reaction score
I noticed it was a little stiffer. But nothing horrible by any means. However like you mentioned, the spring rate is different now. What would that mean long term, idk. Once everything becomes available, I'll be able to do a fair comparison. For now I have no worries.
I contacted Bilstein via email on their site. They will be coming out with front shocks which will replace the stock shocks in the stock front struts on 2020 Rams (not sure gif they will fit 2019's or trucks with off road package). These will provide an adjustable lift of the front up to 2.75". They won't require any other parts (ie, all other stock parts will be used). They will also have a set of rear shocks with valving to match the front set which will not change the rear ride height. I think they will be labelled B85100, but they don't have part numbers or pricing yet. They say they will be available in Jan-Feb 2020. I got answers to my questions the same day on their website.

R

Rob5589

I contacted Bilstein via email on their site. They will be coming out with front shocks which will replace the stock shocks in the stock front struts on 2020 Rams (not sure gif they will fit 2019's or trucks with off road package). These will provide an adjustable lift of the front up to 2.75". They won't require any other parts (ie, all other stock parts will be used). They will also have a set of rear shocks with valving to match the front set which will not change the rear ride height. I think they will be labelled B85100, but they don't have part numbers or pricing yet. They say they will be available in Jan-Feb 2020. I got answers to my questions the same day on their website.
Their reply to my inquiry was they will also have rear shocks for 1" over stock. I assume to accommodate the orp.

rob989_69

Reaction score
There's now a part number on their site for the adjustable 5100's. 24-232203 is the number. I can't find it anywhere for sale though. Anyone finds it, let me know.

NTX_Ian

Reaction score

I’m guessing they will fit the ORP based on this chart in their install instructions.

Attachments

• 562F6148-B950-40F6-B7C5-8D2F541B79AD.png
    562F6148-B950-40F6-B7C5-8D2F541B79AD.png
    111 KB · Views: 233
R

Rob5589

There's now a part number on their site for the adjustable 5100's. 24-232203 is the number. I can't find it anywhere for sale though. Anyone finds it, let me know.

Only after I have ordered a set :D

Seems they are getting close at least. Hopefully they produce a bunch as it seems they will be a "hot" item when finally released.

Camarillo909

Reaction score
I submitted a product request through Bilstien's website, may want to have as many as possible do it to push release.
I'll post if I get a response.

Your Search For '2019 Ram 1500 Laramie' Returned No Results

Thank you, your search will affect future product development at BILSTEIN. Unfortunately, at this time we do not make any products for this vehicle. Click here to submit a product request.

Link: https://cart.bilsteinus.com/results...81354441723425&submodelid=9008054020900159137
If you go on Camburg.com BILSTEIN products are available such as the 6112 and will fit the new 5th gen Rams.

knightro84

Reaction score
Everything on that website is listed as fitting the 09-19 Ram, so my guess is that it is all meant for the 19 "classic" which is still a 4th gen truck. The part numbers for the Fox products on Camburg agree with part numbers for products that fit the 2019 classic on Fox's website. I'd still be looking to manufacturer websites to get part numbers for products that fit the true 5th gen trucks.

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
Dowsnt say anything about rears yet though

Users who are viewing this thread