5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

Mainah

Reaction score
I have the North Edition so it has the ORP, I went with setting 5 which was 2" (and the highest Bilstein recommended with the ORP). They definitely ride better than the stock shocks and I am glad I waited for these over the other options available.

Attachments

• IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 324

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Does installing any of these void any warranty? If so does it get protected based on if the dealer installs compared to sell installed?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the North Edition so it has the ORP, I went with setting 5 which was 2" (and the highest Bilstein recommended with the ORP). They definitely ride better than the stock shocks and I am glad I waited for these over the other options available.
Did you change the UCAs out?

Mainah

Reaction score
Did you change the UCAs out?
I did not, my dealer said the angles looked okay. They were surprised, I guess they are starting to see ball joint issues with the 2" ReadyLift they normally install.

Attachments

• IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 226

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
I have the north edition which has the 1 inch factory lift. I did the bills set at the 5th setting which is max on my set up along with the mopar lift uppers. I still have about half inch of rake. Still on stock tire but going to 275 65r 20 next week. First pic is stock 2nd with bills
@Rocko thanks for positing this, truck looks great! I have the North as well. Could you by chance take a picture of the UCA's? I would like to see the angle and compare to some of the photos of those that did not replace the UCA's. Thanks

Rocko

Reaction score
@Rocko thanks for positing this, truck looks great! I have the North as well. Could you by chance take a picture of the UCA's? I would like to see the angle and compare to some of the photos of those that did not replace the UCA's. Thanks
I'll get one soon as I can. Won't be tonight though. Heading to bed shortly but I will.

griebs303

Reaction score
Had mine installed on Friday and drove it all weekend. Ecstatic to report that it rides wonderful. Much better dampening, steering and responsiveness on these western PA roads. Even though I thought my leveling kit rode ok over stock, now it makes it seem that it rode awfully with the kit on. So happy that I had these installed. Ordering Bilsteins for the rear now.

I used setting #5 (1.7") also and it seem like it netted more than my 2" leveling kit. Front fender sits at 38 1/2" and rear at 39 1/4" with 295/60/20s on it. 3/4" of rake which i'm happy with.
Your truck looks great, thanks for posting the pics

67 RT

Reaction score
Getting mine installed next week. Now what setting? My truck is 2 1/4” higher in rear.

fer1023

Reaction score
Wheels just came in
Can’t decide if I should put them on now or wait till winter is over

Attachments

• 4ABAB70E-91BF-4A20-835C-401680FCDA71.jpeg
    4ABAB70E-91BF-4A20-835C-401680FCDA71.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 162

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Now. What is the point after winter?
Less chance of possibly salt and sand chipping them. Also gives him time to ceramic coat them if their not already to protect them for next winter.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Not sure I have that much self control
Lol
Do you have a Black Diamond Crystal Pearl truck? I am looking at the same rims, fuel blitz in ddt, 20x10-18 offsets. Slap those bad boys on and take some pics!!!!! Loved the rims when I saw them in person and I am dying to see them on a truck.

fer1023

Reaction score
Do you have a Black Diamond Crystal Pearl truck? I am looking at the same rims, fuel blitz in ddt, 20x10-18 offsets. Slap those bad boys on and take some pics!!!!! Loved the rims when I saw them in person and I am dying to see them on a truck.
No black
Trucks granite
Installing this weekend
Will post pics once I do

Users who are viewing this thread