5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100 measurements

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I talked to tech and they said the reason they put the clause in for their shocks(Eibach) is so that customers know that your shocks need to be able to handle the extra 1 inch lift. I told him that Rebels and Rams with ORG have 1 inch longer coils already. He said it isn't a problem then. So, there you go.

gomango392

Reaction score
So I talked to tech and they said the reason they put the clause in for their shocks(Eibach) is so that customers know that your shocks need to be able to handle the extra 1 inch lift. I told him that Rebels and Rams with ORG have 1 inch longer coils already. He said it isn't a problem then. So, there you go.
Ahh okay thanks for the research! So sounds like it's a use at your own risk type of deal and doesn't actually affect the warranty of their coils

DocNash

Reaction score
Ahh okay thanks for the research! So sounds like it's a use at your own risk type of deal and doesn't actually affect the warranty of their coils
How is it with the 35’s? Any rubbing or trimming needed?

gomango392

Reaction score
How is it with the 35’s? Any rubbing or trimming needed?
Its great. And it didn't require any trimming if you didn't mind slight rub on the plastic fender spat at full lock. All I did was cut the spat a little bit right in the middle of the hole for the Christmas tree clip and now I have zero rub

Attachments

• 20230715_143554.jpg
    20230715_143554.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 29

gomango392

Reaction score
Update- so about 2 weeks ago I noticed the truck was sagging a little. I re-measured and the truck is exactly half an inch lower in the back. The day I installed the Eibach rear coils, it was dead nuts level which gave me the extra inch I needed and was super happy with the ride and the fact that I got exactly the height I needed .They claim that the springs are pre settled during the manufacturing process so things like this don't happen. I got ahold of eibach and they told me to send them measurement pictures and they're going to compare it to a similar truck. I'll update and see what they say but as of now, I'm not all that happy. I prefer springs over spacers but I also don't want to deal with this issue as well. Lol

mplaramie

Reaction score
You may want to look at springs like Icon, Carli or others that give you 1 1/2" to 2" lift. This way you have a slight rake. Just remember to factor if you will have a load or tow anything. Right now, my Icons have 1500 miles on them and i sit 1 5/8" higher than when stock. I'm in NY and have an extra set of Icon rear springs and shocks if interested.

gomango392

Reaction score
You may want to look at springs like Icon, Carli or others that give you 1 1/2" to 2" lift. This way you have a slight rake. Just remember to factor if you will have a load or tow anything. Right now, my Icons have 1500 miles on them and i sit 1 5/8" higher than when stock. I'm in NY and have an extra set of Icon rear springs and shocks if interested.
So I was originally going to go with tuff truck springs and a spacer for when I tow. And then I was like ah screw it, it's cheaper to just do eibachs hoping I'd get the height I needed. Which for the first couple of weeks, I did. But now I'm thinking I may just go back to my original plan of towing coils and a spacer. Then I looked at icon as well and people said they clank after a while. Where in NY are you and what are you looking to get for those by chance? Thanks!

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Eibachs do the same.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is this clanking talk? I have Icon rear springs with Bilstein 5100 shocks. I have never heard this noise you speak of.

gomango392

Reaction score
What is this clanking talk? I have Icon rear springs with Bilstein 5100 shocks. I have never heard this noise you speak of.
There's threads on here about it. I was originally going to go with them just for the added perk of stiffer coils for towing. But folks said after a while the springs start to touch and make noise. So they advise to add isolators on the coils that are close to each other

mplaramie

Reaction score
I have Icons and added Eibach coil sleeves part #CS5002. No clank and ride great! If you look at the factory springs, they have sleeves too.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's threads on here about it. I was originally going to go with them just for the added perk of stiffer coils for towing. But folks said after a while the springs start to touch and make noise. So they advise to add isolators on the coils that are close to each other
I read that too.
Considering the simplicity of the solution, I took the 'risk' and installed them anyway. No noise in 8 months. I don't run heavy loads though.

Users who are viewing this thread