5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to clean the stock rubber mats?

romean

Reaction score
Like the title says. What is the best way to clean the stock rubber floor mats? I keep getting the dirt and gunk buildup on em in the summer time. Don't think I will mind the winter slush but trying to keep it nice and clean when working on a job site is a pita! Suggestions?

Matthbert5150

Reaction score
I take mine out. High pressure hose nozzle, simple green and a stiff nylon wire brush. Takes 2 minutes. Let em sit in the sun while I clean the rest of the interior.

*waiting for delivery*
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Rambox
5.7l 4x4 3.92
Pano Sunroof, level 2 w/ 12", black appearance package, adv. Safety group, Power running boards
6" ProComp Stage 1 lift kit with 37x12.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires
20x10 - 24 fuel hostage wheels

*Future Mods"
Tazer DT, Pulsar, lomax cover, bed rug, borla atak exhaust

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take'm out at the coin-op car wash and get in close for the groves. Then I hit them with a bit of Armor-All before putting them back in. Look brand new... and I'm a bricklayer, boots don't come much dirtier than mine.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
All good tips. I wipe mine with Meguiar’s APC, then finish them w/ 303 for the nice matte finish.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If they get really greasy and nasty and won't come clean I keep Simply Green concentrate handy. Don't dilute it to much so it's strong. Spray and let it sit for 5 minutes. Cleans anything. Stuff is like magic.

agjr85

Reaction score
topping with a non-greasy product like 303 would be good to restore the shine and not let the chemical eat away so much.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been using Griot’s Garage vinyl and rubber dressing; it leaves the rubber clean but not glossy (seems to soak in a LOT).

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
I have used simple green and a good scrub brush on mine.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
remove, spray with all purpose cleaner of your choice, agitate with soft bristle brush, spray off, add a NON-GREASY dressing if you like. 303 has been mentioned. Chemical Guys Mat Renew is a decent product for this - it's a cleaner/conditioner. Finish is definitely more of a matte finish when it dries. It's not slippery and smells great.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been using Griot’s Garage vinyl and rubber dressing; it leaves the rubber clean but not glossy (seems to soak in a LOT).
i do this too, however this product has been a little slippery for me at least on my rebel floor mats. my gf slapped me after she slipped climbing in and realized it was cause i was detailing my floor mats lol

KRField

Reaction score
I clean them with an APC (la totally awesome) then dress with turtle wax stay wax or Meguiar a ultimate quick wax. Leaves them in a nice finish and not slippery. Also easier to clean next time, usually just a rinse off cleans them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emtff400

Reaction score
I take mine out. High pressure hose nozzle, simple green and a stiff nylon wire brush. Takes 2 minutes. Let em sit in the sun while I clean the rest of the interior.

*waiting for delivery*
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Rambox
5.7l 4x4 3.92
Pano Sunroof, level 2 w/ 12", black appearance package, adv. Safety group, Power running boards
6" ProComp Stage 1 lift kit with 37x12.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires
20x10 - 24 fuel hostage wheels

*Future Mods"
Tazer DT, Pulsar, lomax cover, bed rug, borla atak exhaust
Can you send me a picture of your lifted truck? I just bought one & im trying to decide what lift. I want to run 37s. Thanks

Raydar

Reaction score

My thoughts, exactly.
But how do you take them out? I've got large plugs, with a small plug in the middle. Figured the small plug was a pin that "unplugs" from the large plug, but I almost broke my knife trying to pry it up.
Found this thread, doing a search, so pardon if it's explained, elsewhere.

KRField

Reaction score
My thoughts, exactly.
But how do you take them out? I've got large plugs, with a small plug in the middle. Figured the small plug was a pin that "unplugs" from the large plug, but I almost broke my knife trying to pry it up.

Pull the mat up and the plug comes out. The plug is attached to the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My thoughts, exactly.

Push the little pin down and pull up on the mat. The little pin is attached to the carpet underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread