Best way to clean the stock rubber mats?

romean

Reaction score
Like the title says. What is the best way to clean the stock rubber floor mats? I keep getting the dirt and gunk buildup on em in the summer time. Don't think I will mind the winter slush but trying to keep it nice and clean when working on a job site is a pita! Suggestions?

Matthbert5150

Reaction score
I take mine out. High pressure hose nozzle, simple green and a stiff nylon wire brush. Takes 2 minutes. Let em sit in the sun while I clean the rest of the interior.

*waiting for delivery*
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Rambox
5.7l 4x4 3.92
Pano Sunroof, level 2 w/ 12", black appearance package, adv. Safety group, Power running boards
6" ProComp Stage 1 lift kit with 37x12.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires
20x10 - 24 fuel hostage wheels

*Future Mods"
Tazer DT, Pulsar, lomax cover, bed rug, borla atak exhaust

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take'm out at the coin-op car wash and get in close for the groves. Then I hit them with a bit of Armor-All before putting them back in. Look brand new... and I'm a bricklayer, boots don't come much dirtier than mine.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If they get really greasy and nasty and won't come clean I keep Simply Green concentrate handy. Don't dilute it to much so it's strong. Spray and let it sit for 5 minutes. Cleans anything. Stuff is like magic.

agjr85

Reaction score
topping with a non-greasy product like 303 would be good to restore the shine and not let the chemical eat away so much.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been using Griot’s Garage vinyl and rubber dressing; it leaves the rubber clean but not glossy (seems to soak in a LOT).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)