5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best warranty options?

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, I have that and all other ones. after couple weeks, they sent me 4 different things, you are supposed to keep in Truck.
e.g. roadside assistance, wheel/tire, appearance, mastershield, etc...

some people will claim getting extended warranty and other stuff is waste of money.
Until stuff breaks when basic warranty runs out. like screen on 2018's
As long as you get them at the right price (as in, not at the typical inflated dealer price) you have a decent chance of making your money back. My wife's Honda extended warranty has paid for itself 5x over.

CanRebel

Reaction score
As long as you get them at the right price (as in, not at the typical inflated dealer price) you have a decent chance of making your money back. My wife's Honda extended warranty has paid for itself 5x over.
True.

I usually get warranty cause I don't keep cars/trucks too long, and increases the resale value.
Not so much with a dealer, but most private people I've sold my used cars/trucks too, it has.

NRitland2

Reaction score
Picking up my ‘22 Limited later this week and this will be the first vehicle I am actually planning to get an extended warranty on. I like working on my own vehicles, but for this truck I want to leave it almost 100% stock and never have to worry about it.

That being said, I’ve always dismissed anything the financial person says when signing for vehicles in regards to extra coverage beyond the manufacturer one, but might listen this time

Are there third party warranties that are a better value than whatever the dealership will try and sell me on? Anything directly through Mopar worth looking at? TYIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck keeping it 100% stock.. I said the same thing 🤦‍♂️

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I have a lifetime bumper to bumper thru CNA (only sold at dealers), This is my 4 CNA warranty and never an issue getting things covered. I just got a transmission replaced no problem on a 104,000 mile Silverado.
Tom

fourbg

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this Max Care Plan will cover the battery flaking out in the E-torq motor? I've been getting those auto start/stop error messages and taken it to the dealer twice (conveniently they say they can't replicate it). They "charge the battery" and the error goes away for a few months. But now I'm getting close to the end of the 36k warranty and re-thinking this extended warranty. Thoughts anyone?

Or should I post this as a separate topic?

Thank you!

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this Max Care Plan will cover the battery flaking out in the E-torq motor? I've been getting those auto start/stop error messages and taken it to the dealer twice (conveniently they say they can't replicate it). They "charge the battery" and the error goes away for a few months. But now I'm getting close to the end of the 36k warranty and re-thinking this extended warranty. Thoughts anyone?

Or should I post this as a separate topic?

Thank you!

MaxCare doesn't cover the high voltage battery, but it is covered under the 8 year/80k miles emissions warranty:

1640912006854.png

Tinshield

Reaction score
Is there any preference on a timeframe when to purchase the MaxCare warranty? Seems like it wouldn't matter as long as it is before the original warranty has expired?

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there any preference on a timeframe when to purchase the MaxCare warranty? Seems like it wouldn't matter as long as it is before the original warranty has expired?
The more you wait, the more expensive it gets. There are price bumps at certain mileage intervals (though I can't remember them off the top of my head).

tdog65

Reaction score
I just picked up a 20 ram limited and after going thru all these threads for the last year am pretty nervous about the reliability of this truck. That being said its as nice as my Lexus I used for work and lot more room. Since I will use this for a work car (sales) I travel about 50k miles a year. So I printed out the Ziegler Unlimited warranty and with the coupon it was 5 years from service date for 2750 $200 deductible. Ram dealer bought the truck from showed me a 100k mile warranty for 3500. LOL. showed them my Ziegler Mopar warranty and they actually came back and sold me same warranty for $2550. Downside to unlimited warranty is its not transferable if I sell it but I will sleep better knowing I can drive this truck 200,000 miles without paying for any major parts.

Rmazzei

Reaction score
I purchased the 7/100 Maximum Care warranty from Zeigler today ($1655) and the transaction was marked “Tax Exempt”. Dealer wanted $2900 when my truck was delivered a month ago. I travel 15k miles (much towing) on average a year now and plan to replace at 100k. Hope I never need it, but looking at some of the repair costs others have listed I believe it’s a wise purchase for me even if never used.
where are you entering the promo code? I do not see this on the website

Rmazzei

Reaction score
if you are referring to 'payinfull' there is a box once you select the warranty and deductible
what am I missing? I do not see any box just credit card info. I can toggle between pay in full or 18 months @ 0%

jimk hunt

Reaction score
what am I missing? I do not see any box just credit card info. I can toggle between pay in full or 18 months @ 0%
Go ahead and call the 800 number, they'll honor it on the phone.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just picked up a 20 ram limited and after going thru all these threads for the last year am pretty nervous about the reliability of this truck. That being said its as nice as my Lexus I used for work and lot more room. Since I will use this for a work car (sales) I travel about 50k miles a year. So I printed out the Ziegler Unlimited warranty and with the coupon it was 5 years from service date for 2750 $200 deductible. Ram dealer bought the truck from showed me a 100k mile warranty for 3500. LOL. showed them my Ziegler Mopar warranty and they actually came back and sold me same warranty for $2550. Downside to unlimited warranty is its not transferable if I sell it but I will sleep better knowing I can drive this truck 200,000 miles without paying for any major parts.

I wouldn't be too nervous if you are basing your worries on this forum, this is where people come in to talk about issues, it's overrepresented by actual ownership. My truck is a 2019, zero issues. We also own a Lexus & Toyota, which we love, but even on those forums you will see problems crop up.

killerformula

Reaction score
I just called Zeigler and they mentioned the "payinfull" is the absolute best price she would not come down off of that. I did have an existing quote number, however. If any of you hear of getting a better price I'm all ears.

She also mentioned the only way the price would go up is if they did a price increase, and she hasn't seen one in a while and has not heard anything about them doing one soon. She did say the price will go up somewhat when you hit 12000 miles.

I may drive it for a year or to 10,000 miles or so and see how long that takes, then buy the appropriate time for 125,000 miles (might be 7 or 8 years).

Rmazzei

Reaction score
I just called Zeigler and they mentioned the "payinfull" is the absolute best price she would not come down off of that. I did have an existing quote number, however. If any of you hear of getting a better price I'm all ears.

She also mentioned the only way the price would go up is if they did a price increase, and she hasn't seen one in a while and has not heard anything about them doing one soon. She did say the price will go up somewhat when you hit 12000 miles.

I may drive it for a year or to 10,000 miles or so and see how long that takes, then buy the appropriate time for 125,000 miles (might be 7 or 8 years).
https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/ just matched the same price $1,655 for 7yr 100K miles. I called them and once I mentioned Zeigler and Payinfull it was too easy for them to come down from the internet quote of $2115. I am sure I could have gotten them down even more. However I am very happy with $1655 for a transferable 7yr/100K mile Maxcare.

killerformula

Reaction score
https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/ just matched the same price $1,655 for 7yr 100K miles. I called them and once I mentioned Zeigler and Payinfull it was too easy for them to come down from the internet quote of $2115. I am sure I could have gotten them down even more. However I am very happy with $1655 for a transferable 7yr/100K mile Maxcare.
Yep 1655 is what I'm seeing for the 7 year/100k on the internet too. Pretty good deal.

I think I saw one person writing about getting an even lower price by calling them?

Users who are viewing this thread