5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best warranty options?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at the 8 year/85,000 mile Max Care from Zeigler. $200 deductible and it's $1,245.00. Seems like a pretty good option (and I'm unlikely to put 85K on the truck in 8 years anyway). What gaps are missing in Max Care. I know they say, "If it's mechanical it's covered" but what about stuff like uConnect and electrical? I know they say, "Electrical and expanded electrical" but I'm sure there have to be stories about some things not being covered.

Also, I'm buying from an out of state dealer and will be servicing this thing locally. Anyone have issues doing that with a Zeigler warranty?

Thanks.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at the 8 year/85,000 mile Max Care from Zeigler. $200 deductible and it's $1,245.00. Seems like a pretty good option (and I'm unlikely to put 85K on the truck in 8 years anyway). What gaps are missing in Max Care. I know they say, "If it's mechanical it's covered" but what about stuff like uConnect and electrical? I know they say, "Electrical and expanded electrical" but I'm sure there have to be stories about some things not being covered.

Also, I'm buying from an out of state dealer and will be servicing this thing locally. Anyone have issues doing that with a Zeigler warranty?

Thanks.
Gaps that I know of:

-Glass (can be an issue if you happen to have a rear window that leaks)
-Etorque Battery and Generator (Covered under the 8 year 80k Emissions warranty though)

Southside

Reaction score

Thanks.
This shows some of the items not covered.

Attachments

• 49-20-323_New_Maximum_Care_Plan_Provisions.pdf
    614 KB · Views: 19

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks.
Did you ask MD what they could do? They came close enough to Ziegler for me.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ask MD what they could do? They came close enough to Ziegler for me.
I did. I ended up doing 72/60,000 and they threw in Safe Guard too. It's more than Zeigler with less coverage on the timeframe, but I'm not going to drive 60K in 72 months unless my daily driver blows up (2013 Camry w/ 78K on it). It was a lot less expensive than I thought it'd be and I did not find them pushy on it. It was actually very mild by most car dealership standards.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did. I ended up doing 72/60,000 and they threw in Safe Guard too. It's more than Zeigler with less coverage on the timeframe, but I'm not going to drive 60K in 72 months unless my daily driver blows up (2013 Camry w/ 78K on it). It was a lot less expensive than I thought it'd be and I did not find them pushy on it. It was actually very mild by most car dealership standards.
I'm really confused. Are you saying you paid more for less coverage on purpose?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I paid a little more for about the same coverage...on purpose.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, from start to finish, easiest crew I've ever dealt with buying a vehicle.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was already on the fence about Zeigler. I had a friend that had repair work denied by them and my local dealerships all freaking suck. I decided to roll the dice with Mark Dodge's offering mostly because they will pay an independent repair shop to do the work if that's your choice. Granted, there's less and less that these shops can do these days and more and more issues need dealership intervention but if I can stay away from our cesspool dealerships here in town I'd rather have that option.

The reality is that all of these options are subpar. No one wants to pay out, it's the very nature of insurance/warranties but MD has done a great job so far. Basically, I'm rolling the dice that LSD will pay where Zeigler says they will but wouldn't when in all reality I probably won't need it at all. I have NEVER really needed an extended warranty on anything. I do remember my dad leaning on one for an A/C job on a GMC Denali when I was teenager. 9 times out of 10, these things are pure profit for the company selling it.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was already on the fence about Zeigler. I had a friend that had repair work denied by them and my local dealerships all freaking suck. I decided to roll the dice with Mark Dodge's offering mostly because they will pay an independent repair shop to do the work if that's your choice. Granted, there's less and less that these shops can do these days and more and more issues need dealership intervention but if I can stay away from our cesspool dealerships here in town I'd rather have that option.

The reality is that all of these options are subpar. No one wants to pay out, it's the very nature of insurance/warranties but MD has done a great job so far. Basically, I'm rolling the dice that LSD will pay where Zeigler says they will but wouldn't when in all reality I probably won't need it at all. I have NEVER really needed an extended warranty on anything. I do remember my dad leaning on one for an A/C job on a GMC Denali when I was teenager. 9 times out of 10, these things are pure profit for the company selling it.
Well you and I are at the same craps table!!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was less of a sales pitch and more of a conversation with Marsh. Of course it was a sales pitch but I found him to be frank. It basically boils down to me trusting MD more than Ziegler for a product that by nature is shady as hell.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score

"I had a friend that had repair work denied by them"...who is "them"? It can't be Zeigler if it was a MOPAR extended warranty as that would be FCA/Stellantis who denied it as Ziegler only sells the extended warranty. The warrantor is FCA/Stellantis.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Denied by who? Zeigler isn't denying anyone lol. It's a MOPAR warranty so it would be Stellantis denying the warranty claim. Whatever floats your boat, I haven't had anything but good experiences in the past with the MOPAR backed warranty.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well you and I are at the same craps table!!
I forget, but if you went with the Ulimate plan through MD, it's a bit better than the Mopar plan Zeigler quoted for me.

shak3r

Reaction score
I'm looking at the 8 year/85,000 mile Max Care from Zeigler. $200 deductible and it's $1,245.00.
That's the one I selected based on my "research". Hope to never have to use it but I've got peace of mind for next 8 years.

Daleone3

Reaction score
Picking up my ‘22 Limited later this week and this will be the first vehicle I am actually planning to get an extended warranty on. I like working on my own vehicles, but for this truck I want to leave it almost 100% stock and never have to worry about it.

That being said, I’ve always dismissed anything the financial person says when signing for vehicles in regards to extra coverage beyond the manufacturer one, but might listen this time

Are there third party warranties that are a better value than whatever the dealership will try and sell me on? Anything directly through Mopar worth looking at? TYIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My experience with this:
Bought new and purchased extended warranty from the dealer, negotiated down a bit.
One month later I got a better offer from MOPAR in the mail, less money and longer term.
Went back to the Dealer with it and they said the MOPAR warranty does not pay for MOPAR parts and the dealer provided warranty did. I had no way of knowing if that was true or not (is it possible they lied......) Anyway, I asked them to cancel the one I bought and they quickly matched the term and gave me back a few hundred dollars.
I asked the dealer why MOPAR was undermining what they sold and he did not really have an answer. I think if you get service at the dealer and buy their warranty, you may be ahead of it a bit. The extended warranty (dealer provided) I had on my Jeep paid for itself the last month I owned it. Took it to a third party local guy, my regular guy and he went thru it and identified quite a few things, called the warranty company and got approval to the tune of $2100.
Hope that helps. It is like Earthquake insurance, you may never need it but you will be glad you have it if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread