5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

John Galt

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for bumping this thread! Exactly the info I was looking for.

Anyone have info on how to cancel the Mopar plan and get a refund? I’m about to sell/trade for a new vehicle and I still have coverage left.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
If I was you, I'd just cancel the plans the dealer sold you (if you can without penalty). Obviously, the MOPAR ESP can be had for less (Zeigler - - use the promo code "PAYINFULL".)

Dealers almost ALWAYS have coupons available. If you signed up on the Mopar Owners Center, there are always oil change coupons available (The last one I remember was 3 full synthetic oil changes for $145).
I am not sure maintenance packages are refundable if they aren't used either (ESP's are).

I'll double check on the MVP Multicare, now that you stated what you got. You're right, its by years. $500 seems about right for that.

Summary. You're obviously overpaying for the ESP and the Maintenance. I'd cancel it if you can, and buy elsewhere. You can email [email protected] if you have questions about his offerings and pricing. He usually has the best pricing.
Ziegler can cancel his existing, and apply the refund to his new purchase or refund him direct. If Ziegler won't do that, call Tom Winkels, Hayes Jeep, 269-385-1116, he will do the entire transaction and probably cheaper than Ziegler.

U

User_3336

Ziegler can cancel his existing, and apply the refund to his new purchase or refund him direct. If Ziegler won't do that, call Tom Winkels, Hayes Jeep, 269-385-1116, he will do the entire transaction and probably cheaper than Ziegler.
I doubt Winkels will beat Zeigler on price. Zeigler sells in volume, so he can offer it cheaper, and Winkels doesn't have a web presence for selling ESP's like Zeigler does.
But that's what competition is all about, right?

Just so to clarify, refunds on ESP's come direct from FCA. The dealer does not have the authority to "apply a refund to another purchase".. If the purchaser paid for the plan directly, it comes as a refund check to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Galt

Reaction score
Zeigler is still running for forum discount . . . "PAYINFULL" promo code. Yields a $365 discount off the internet price.
Yup. Just checked it and with the discount code it’s about $200 less than chryslterwarrantydirect.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I doubt Winkels will beat Zeigler on price. Zeigler sells in volume, so he can offer it cheaper, and Winkels doesn't have a web presence for selling ESP's like Zeigler does.
You might be correct when Ziegler uses that "PAYINFULL" discount. Volume has nothing to do with it. For the last 5 extended warranties I have purchased, Tom Winkles and three others quoted better prices than Ziegler. I agree Zieglers has a great website and markets the product very well, but for me the bottom line price trumps volume and web presence.

Yep, that's what competition is all about, caveat emptor (buyer beware), do your homework. I'm not knocking Ziegler, just trying to point out they may not be the best as there is credible competition that buyers/members should know about.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

You might be correct when Ziegler uses that "PAYINFULL" discount. Volume has nothing to do with it. For the last 5 extended warranties I have purchased, Tom Winkles and three others quoted better prices than Ziegler. I agree Zieglers has a great website and markets the product very well, but for me the bottom line price trumps volume and web presence. And I should add, the Ziegler rep was a bit careless with the truth when I talked to them, it was like I knew more than the rep who kept making "sales statements" that were not quite correct.

Yep, that's what competition is all about, caveat emptor (buyer beware), do your homework.
John, if you've had a great experience with Winkie, then continue to buy from him. When margins are razor thin on these ESP's (sometimes being sold @ cost), its very hard to believe one dealer is willing to sell cheaper than another.
A large number of forum members have had great experiences with Zeigler. One can always write Bob Cline @ Zeigler and talk to him directly as well. I find it hard to believe as well, as long as Zeigler has been online (at least since 2018), that they are making "false statements" about selling ESP's. You're rambling, and not providing specific things you were told wrong and how they were "careless with the truth". and yea, you are definitely "knocking Zeigler".

Everyone should research and buy from who they feel comfortable with, but spreading crap about an online dealer without stating specifics is dirty.

bronco44

Reaction score
Oh that's news to me. I was just assuming it was the same as my previous vehicle which was every 6 months or 6k miles. If that's the case then that's $200 per oil change which is an even bigger rip off and definitely means I should cancel it.
Wanted to fix a calculation error I made here:

I was looking at a coupon for 6qt synthetic oil + oil filter + tire rotation for $67. This didn't include labor/fees and since my engine requires 7qts, I doubt the coupon applies to me based on the fine print. But even with the average cost of an oil change being ~$120 for these trucks, I'd still be saving about $400 after 5 years compared to the $1k plan I purchased.

U

User_3336

Wanted to fix a calculation error I made here:

I was looking at a coupon for 6qt synthetic oil + oil filter + tire rotation for $67. This didn't include labor/fees and since my engine requires 7qts, I doubt the coupon applies to me based on the fine print. But even with the average cost of an oil change being ~$120 for these trucks, I'd still be saving about $400 after 5 years compared to the $1k plan I purchased.
Yeah, those HEMI's do require the extra oil over what the coupon says. But honestly, it depends on the dealer as to whether they charge you for it or not. I bought the three oil changes from the dealer who does them. They didn't charge me for the extra oil. you pay tax on the package when you buy it, and the labor is included in the price. and they do tire rotations for FREE if you get your oil changed there.
But every dealer is different. this is just a good small town dealer.
(P.S. I DID NOT buy the truck from the dealer I bought the oil change package from).

John Jensen

Reaction score
John, if you've had a great experience with Winkie, then continue to buy from him. When margins are razor thin on these ESP's (sometimes being sold @ cost), its very hard to believe one dealer is willing to sell cheaper than another.
A large number of forum members have had great experiences with Zeigler. One can always write Bob Cline @ Zeigler and talk to him directly as well. I find it hard to believe as well, as long as Zeigler has been online (at least since 2018), that they are making "false statements" about selling ESP's. You're rambling, and not providing specific things you were told wrong and how they were "careless with the truth"..

Everyone should research and buy from who they feel comfortable with, but spreading crap about an online dealer without stating specifics is dirty.
I'm not spreading crap. If you want specifics, PM me as I am not putting specifics on a public site. As for the rep being "careless with the truth" you'll note I did not say he lied, it was a typical salesman response when they don't know the answer but are close to it. Regardless, since that statement offends you, I removed it.

You respond as if I'm trashing Ziegler. I did not and have not. I'm merely pointing out there are competent competitors that had better prices. Every time I need an ESP I shop 7 discounters including Ziegler. It just happens that Winkles and 3 others had better pricing than Ziegler. There's no need for me to contact Bob Cline as his company has never harmed or dissatisfied me.

I understand your loyalty to Ziegler but I don't appreciate you referring to my post as being crap, dirty, rambling, or not believing one dealer is willing to sell cheaper than another. Are you questioning my integrity? I posted what I experienced, thinking I was helping others with purchasing an ESP, If you can't handle that, so be it.

I'm done.

bronco44

Reaction score
Yeah, those HEMI's do require the extra oil over what the coupon says. But honestly, it depends on the dealer as to whether they charge you for it or not. I bought the three oil changes from the dealer who does them. They didn't charge me for the extra oil. you pay tax on the package when you buy it, and the labor is included in the price. and they do tire rotations for FREE if you get your oil changed there.
But every dealer is different. this is just a good small town dealer.
(P.S. I DID NOT buy the truck from the dealer I bought the oil change package from).
That's good to know. When I go to the dealer this week to cancel the ESP, I'll ask if they have any different oil change programs and get more details. I'm just going off their website right now and it has very little info

U

User_3336

I'm not spreading crap. If you want specifics, PM me as I am not putting specifics on a public site. As for the rep being "careless with the truth" you'll note I did not say he lied, it was a typical salesman response when they don't know the answer but are close to it. Regardless, since that statement offends you, I removed it.

You respond as if I'm trashing Ziegler. I did not and have not. I'm merely pointing out there are competent competitors that had better prices. Every time I need an ESP I shop 7 discounters including Ziegler. It just happens that Winkles and 3 others had better pricing than Ziegler. There's no need for me to contact Bob Cline as his company has never harmed or dissatisfied me.

I understand your loyalty to Ziegler but I don't appreciate you referring to my post as being crap, dirty, rambling, or not believing one dealer is willing to sell cheaper than another. Are you questioning my integrity? I posted what I experienced, thinking I was helping others with purchasing an ESP, If you can't handle that, so be it.

I'm done.
Curious . . . Who are the 7 discounters you researched that sell Mopar ESP's and what prices did they offer? Now, that would be a comparison. The prices these guys sell these plans are pretty well approaching cost, so it would be interesting to see your comparison list. Do you have that list available to post?

No loyalty to any dealer on here. I just like sharing honest, truthful information about experiences I've had. Many forum members have purchased from Zeigler over the years, and I've never read anything but great experiences.

And NO, I don't wish to PM you about your experience with Zeigler. If its something you can't share with the forum community, they you should have never referenced it "in general" in the first place . . . .

And I know one dealer to dealer can't undercut another on price. The biggest variation I've seen is $50. Dealers just aren't going to sell these at cost or under cost. If Winkie was $50 cheaper, great.

I will say that an online site with bottom line pricing (with or without discount codes) and being able to totally research, purchase, and have my contract within hours ONLINE makes it a more pleasurable shopping experience than having to write back and forth via email getting quotes, making payment arrangements over the phone, back and forth email signing contracts, etc etc etc.. I'll have gladly paid $50 more for mine.

John Jensen

Reaction score

Just so to clarify, refunds on ESP's come direct from FCA. The dealer does not have the authority to "apply a refund to another purchase".. If the purchaser paid for the plan directly, it comes as a refund check to them.
Correct , I misspoke. The dealer can do the cancelation and sale but the refund comes from Mopar

U

User_3336

Correct , I misspoke. The dealer can do the cancelation and sale but the refund comes from Mopar
Yep, states right there in the ESP contract on page 8 I believe. If its part of a finance deal, it credits the lienholder.
If customer purchased outright, customer gets a check from FCA.

Also, customer can't purchase another ESP on the same vehicle until the refund is processed on the current one.
FCA can also flat out deny refunding and repurchasing an ESP on the same vehicle. (GM stopped this a long time ago).

John Jensen

Reaction score
Curious . . . Who are the 7 discounters you researched that sell Mopar ESP's and what prices did they offer? Now, that would be a comparison. The prices these guys sell these plans are pretty well approaching cost, so it would be interesting to see your comparison list. Do you have that list available to post?

No loyalty to any dealer on here. I just like sharing honest, truthful information about experiences I've had. Many forum members have purchased from Zeigler over the years, and I've never read anything but great experiences.

And NO, I don't wish to PM you about your experience with Zeigler. If its something you can't share with the forum community, they you should have never referenced it "in general" in the first place . . . .

And I know one dealer to dealer can't undercut another on price. The biggest variation I've seen is $50. Dealers just aren't going to sell these at cost or under cost. If Winkie was $50 cheaper, great.

I will say that an online site with bottom line pricing (with or without discount codes) and being able to totally research, purchase, and have my contract within hours ONLINE makes it a more pleasurable shopping experience than having to write back and forth via email getting quotes, making payment arrangements over the phone, back and forth email signing contracts, etc etc etc.. I'll have gladly paid $50 more for mine.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Yep, states right there in the ESP contract on page 8 I believe. If its part of a finance deal, it credits the lienholder.
If customer purchased outright, customer gets a check from FCA.

Also, customer can't purchase another ESP on the same vehicle until the refund is processed on the current one.
When I purchased my 2016 1500 Eco I bought an ESP from the dealer. The n found a much better price on the internet. The discounter canceled the dealer's contract and wrote a new contract in one phone call. There was no waiting for a refund to be processed
FCA can also flat out deny refunding and repurchasing an ESP on the same vehicle. (GM stopped this a long time ago).

John Jensen

Reaction score

Who said that? A dealer can charge whatever he wants. When I purchased my 2020 3500 HO the dealer quickly matched the best discounter price. Dealers get credit for selling an ESP not for what they charged. The fight for the sale, what they charge is merely a profit decision
Here's my most recent data purchasing a second ESP for my 2016 1500 Ecodiesel. I got 7 quotes, here are the top four, each had pricing better than Ziegler. I only keep the relevant quotes, the 3 lowest were deleted. They all offer whatever Maxcare level you want for up to 5 years. I went with the Added Care Plus

02/27/2023
1 - Tom Winkels, Hayes Jeep, 269-385-1116, 5yr 200.00 deductible $2135.00
2 - Victor Riedman, Mopar MaxCare, 765-222-1356, 5yr 200.00 deductable $2195.00
3 - Joe Topor, Chrysler Warrantys, 888-918-9840, 5yr 200.00 deductible $2272.00
4 - Jason Edmundson, Chrysler Warranty Direct, 517-662-0400, 5yr 200.00 deductible $2555.00

Do it while you have a current ESP, if you wait until it lapses the truck has to be inspected to qualify.

U

User_3336

Here's my most recent data purchasing a second ESP for my 2016 1500 Ecodiesel. I got 7 quotes, here are the top four, each had pricing better than Ziegler. I only keep the relevant quotes, the 3 lowest were deleted. They all offer whatever Maxcare level you want for up to 5 years. I went with the Added Care Plus

02/27/2023
1 - Tom Winkels, Hayes Jeep, 269-385-1116, 5yr 200.00 deductible $2135.00
2 - Victor Riedman, Mopar MaxCare, 765-222-1356, 5yr 200.00 deductable $2195.00
3 - Joe Topor, Chrysler Warrantys, 888-918-9840, 5yr 200.00 deductible $2272.00
4 - Jason Edmundson, Chrysler Warranty Direct, 517-662-0400, 5yr 200.00 deductible $2555.00

Do it while you have a current ESP, if you wait until it lapses the truck has to be inspected to qualify.
Ummm, your comparisons are a little flawed. First, Mopar ESP plans are priced based off (1) miles you chose, and (2) years you chose. (Example, 5 years 60,000 miles). Your statement of ""They all offer whatever Maxcare level you want for up to 5 years"" it slightly incorrect.... because ESP's can be selected anywhere from 5 to 8 years from 60,000 to 125,000 miles (don't see the UNLIMITED being sold any longer)

In your examples, you DID NOT state the mileage of the plans you compared, you just chose the years. That could be A LOT of difference in price, so stating all that without the full details on the quote is pretty useless for comparison. Care to state what mileage you figured those quotes on?

And you are absolutely correct. A dealer can sell an ESP for what ever he wants. At end of the month, he's gotta pay FCA invoice on them. why would a dealer want to keep selling ESP's at invoice (or below)?????

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ummm, your comparisons are a little flawed. First, Mopar ESP plans are priced based off (1) miles you chose, and (2) years you chose. (Example, 5 years 60,000 miles). Your statement of ""They all offer whatever Maxcare level you want for up to 5 years"" it slightly incorrect.... because ESP's can be selected anywhere from 5 to 8 years from 60,000 to 125,000 miles (don't see the UNLIMITED being sold any longer)

In your examples, you DID NOT state the mileage of the plans you compared, you just chose the years. That could be A LOT of difference in price, so stating all that without the full details on the quote is pretty useless for comparison. Care to state what mileage you figured those quotes on?

And you are absolutely correct. A dealer can sell an ESP for what ever he wants. At end of the month, he's gotta pay FCA invoice on them. why would a dealer want to keep selling ESP's at invoice (or below)?????
There's nothing flawed in my comparisons. I left the mileage data off because you wanted price comparisons. Didn't think you were going to nitpick my reply. Att is a chart from Joe Tapor about mileages and has a circle of the mileage I picked.

By the way, you are wrong to say, "because ESP's can be selected anywhere from 5 to 8 years from 60,000 to 125,000 miles". That is true of the first ESP, but I reported this was my second ESP which is more restrictive and does not offer 8 years from 60,000 to 125,000 miles.

Attachments

• CW $229 Discount Chart.jpg
    CW $229 Discount Chart.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread