5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Exhaust System 2022 1500 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

davidn0021

Reaction score
Thank you sir! Can always depend on you guys to have the answers. I LOVE THIS WEBSITE! Ha

I have air suspension so was able to put it in OR2, no jack stands. I will say, if you have a creeper, well worth it for things like this! I would also find or build some sort of jig or stack a bunch of 2x4's to keep that muffler from falling down. It's not too heavy but when under the truck, you have almost no leverage and you definitely don't want it falling on your head! The hangers were the most difficult part to take off/put back on. Definitely over lubricate with WD40 or something to help with taking off the existing hangers and putting back on. I also had to cut the driver's side pipe to get it out since I wasn't lifting the truck up nor did I want to remove the spare and links. All-in-all, it took me a few hours to do alone while (basically) one armed due to an injury on my right shoulder. Get someone to help you and it should go much quicker!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think we gotta get the folks with the SType, the touring, the b2 and the g/t exhaust to all meet up and take us for a ride....
I don't know anyone that ever bought the touring.

You will need jack stands, or if you have air suspension, put in off-road 2
Ramps would also give enough clearance if you want to sawzall your pipe off before removing the existing. Harbor freight sells a decent pair for $55. Need to make sure the ground is completely flat to be stable\safe though.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have air suspension so was able to put it in OR2, no jack stands. I will say, if you have a creeper, well worth it for things like this! I would also find or build some sort of jig or stack a bunch of 2x4's to keep that muffler from falling down. It's not too heavy but when under the truck, you have almost no leverage and you definitely don't want it falling on your head! The hangers were the most difficult part to take off/put back on. Definitely over lubricate with WD40 or something to help with taking off the existing hangers and putting back on. I also had to cut the driver's side pipe to get it out since I wasn't lifting the truck up nor did I want to remove the spare and links. All-in-all, it took me a few hours to do alone while (basically) one armed due to an injury on my right shoulder. Get someone to help you and it should go much quicker!
I've done three Borla installs by myself. Two I did not cut the factory exhaust, and one I did. Less than an hour on each install. First one took longest trying to figure out how to snake the factory exhaust out without cutting

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I went with Flowmaster FlowFX. It's nice and throaty, but sounds good when you get on it. No drone at all. I still have my resonators also.

TheLegend

Reaction score
I went with Flowmaster FlowFX. It's nice and throaty, but sounds good when you get on it. No drone at all. I still have my resonators also.
That’s good to know as well thank you very much for the information! There are so many options and things you can do I love it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s good to know as well thank you very much for the information! There are so many options and things you can do I love it.
No problem at all. I’m satisfied. I just bought the muffler on Amazon and had a shop weld it on. Definitely cheaper. Here’s a vid with sound comparison

Nova90

Reaction score
What’s the difference in the sounds I watched a video from AWE’s website on there 180 technology in the exhaust and it made since but what makes the sound different? Like is it just a smoother less throatier growl or?
AWE has the old school muscle car growl. It's quiet in the interior when cruising and wakes up when you step on it hard. I don't notice too drastic of a change in the interior and still very easy to hold a conversation. I originally thought about doing the ATAK but was sold on the AWE after one of their folks from the factory offered to take me for a ride (the factory is about 20 min from me) in his Ram 1500 with the AWE setup. It was really helpful to actually hear the system in person...as I was driving myself crazy listening to folks' videos on the internet.

NoOtherHobby

Reaction score
Post of your final thoughts after install. The AWE is the setup I was thinking about getting on my 23 Rebel.
I have the AWE 0FG on my 2020 Rebel. I love the exhaust. The cold start is great, especially in winter, but it calms down quite a bit for normal driving. If you floor it, you're going to hear it and the sound is great. If you drive normally around town and aren't trying to rev it up, you'll likely forget it's there. Only issue I have is that I'm running 37's with a 6" lift so the RPM range while I'm in 8th gear lends itself to a little more cabin noise than I'd like but I essentially don't hear the exhaust when I'm at 50-60mph. It's when I'm on the highway at 70-80 that I can hear the exhaust in the cab. Again, I believe it is because I have 37's which is putting me into a different RPM range at highway speed than the stock wheels/tires but that is pure speculation. Either way, I'm happy with the purchase.

mb02252

Reaction score
I put the Borla Touring on my 2022 Limited... For me its the perfect exhaust and I was actually surprised about how loud it was when I first got it installed. It has calmed down now after a couple thousand km but still a big growl on cold starts and a nice powerful hemi sound on acceleration. Once up to speed it quiets down and has zero drone.

For reference my neighbour has a GT and that exhaust is quieter than the Borla Touring and more of a throaty sound.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I put the Borla Touring on my 2022 Limited... For me its the perfect exhaust and I was actually surprised about how loud it was when I first got it installed. It has calmed down now after a couple thousand km but still a big growl on cold starts and a nice powerful hemi sound on acceleration. Once up to speed it quiets down and has zero drone.

For reference my neighbour has a GT and that exhaust is quieter than the Borla Touring and more of a throaty sound.
That’s how the flowfx is too

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s how the flowfx is too

Did you put the catback or just the muff?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you put the catback or just the muff?
I basically did the cat back, but I bought just the muffler for like $40 and had my buddy cut and weld it in to the existing pipes. I kept the resonators. Saved some cash, but accomplished the same thing.

If you want to to go this route this is the one you need.

Flow Fx 3.00 (Off/Cen) Exhaust Muffler https://a.co/d/gnOmq8Y

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys, here at B2 we also have pretty much the same muffler as that Flow FX for about a hundred bucks shipped if you want to weld it in yourself, it will save you a couple of hundred bucks but you will also need to supply and fabricate the hangers and bent tubing to take up the space of the huge factory muffler. MUFFLER HERE
But if you do not want to do any welding we have a many diffrent sound levels of bolt in retrofit mufflers, resonator delete kits, and exhaust tips that will provide a similar sound as a Borla and many others for a fraction of the price. Exhaust Systems | B2 Fabrication | Ram Exhaust | Direct Fit Muffler

Screenshot 2024-04-12 121410.png

Gnix

Reaction score
If you’re going with Borla then get ATAK. No S Type! As other mentioned. It is not loud in the cab and it’s fairly loud outside. Eventually after 1-2 month, you’ll get use to the exhaust and finding it not loud enough lol.

Or just straight pipe it?

I was suggested Corsa or Borla:

Corsa
Little bit more costly but louder
Borla
Great resale value but little quieter than corsa

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online