5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Exhaust System 2022 1500 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re going with Borla then get ATAK. No S Type! As other mentioned. It is not loud in the cab and it’s fairly loud outside. Eventually after 1-2 month, you’ll get use to the exhaust and finding it not loud enough lol.

Or just straight pipe it?

I was suggested Corsa or Borla:

Corsa
Little bit more costly but louder
Borla
Great resale value but little quieter than corsa
I would r say the Corsa is louder, just a different tone. Local guy has a Corsa, and to me sounds more like something you'd expect on a car, not a truck.

RAL

Reaction score
Hello all! Wanted to get all the experts opinions on what the best exhaust system would be for my new truck? What I’m wanting is something that isn’t going to wake up everyone in the morning but I want that Hemi to show what it can do. Also, I would like it to where I can still hear my radio and talk to passengers. My 2 year old and wife loves riding in my truck and talking to me if that gives y’all some idea. I was looking at either the Borla S-Type or the AWE 0FG but it’s hard to tell the actual noise of it from videos so was looking for everyone’s opinion? What are y’all’s opinions?
Quality wise, the factory exhaust will likely be far superior to 90 percent of what you can buy in the aftermarket.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Quality wise, the factory exhaust will likely be far superior to 90 percent of what you can buy in the aftermarket.
The better quality aftermarket "cat backs" that use stainless piping will be same as factory for quality and lifespan.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up going with the AWE 0FG and love it exactly what I wanted for a Catback exhaust system.

Attachments

• IMG_4881.jpeg
    IMG_4881.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4882.jpeg
    IMG_4882.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4883.jpeg
    IMG_4883.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4884.jpeg
    IMG_4884.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4885.jpeg
    IMG_4885.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 27

VegasRob55

Reaction score
I would r say the Corsa is louder, just a different tone. Local guy has a Corsa, and to me sounds more like something you'd expect on a car, not a truck.
Totally agree with this. Hate the Corsa sound on a truck. I have the Borla S-Type catback system, and it sounds the way a HEMI should sound. Everyone asks what kind of system it is. The sound is uniquely deep and throaty. No drone at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online