5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best CAI

VanLith10

Reaction score
I installed a Magnaflow Mufflers a couple weeks ago and now looking to add a Cold Air Intake. Which is best? K&N, AFe, ect..

PatchesRebel

Reaction score
I also installed a Magnaflow Mufflers a couple weeks ago. I pre-ordered the MOMENTUM GT COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM W/PRO DRY S FILTER, but it won’t be released until mid/end of February.

29117DE7-DF96-444D-9E22-7BCB4368C607.jpeg

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ ditto . I’m not hating on the aftermarket or peeps that buy. I love it, always have been and will be. I’m all for it really if it keeps everyone more interested in the vehicle and taking care of them. Small print on bottom of many dyno charts keeps me skeptical though of what is staged per say and what is real world.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
^^^ ditto . I’m not hating on the aftermarket or peeps that buy. I love it, always have been and will be. I’m all for it really if it keeps everyone more interested in the vehicle and taking care of them. Small print on bottom of many dyno charts keeps me skeptical though of what is staged per say and what is real world.

My but dyno says my Veraram add stupid huge power numbers and it make my motor sound SEXY!!!

ET32913

Reaction score
I’ve had the Vararam on a previous vehicle (Pontiac G8 GT 6.0) and it gave me roughly 25hp on the dyno. There were guys getting up to a 35hp increase.
These were also in conjunction with a tune as well so ymmv.

IMO if you’re considering swapping out the oem intake, that’s the only product I’d consider...loved everything about the vararam.

pasteris71

Reaction score
I installed a Magnaflow Mufflers a couple weeks ago and now looking to add a Cold Air Intake. Which is best? K&N, AFe, ect..
Do some research. I just read an article about CAI’s and the lack of actual added horsepower. Unless you plan on a big build, the air intake system on the 19 is pretty damn good! I don’t feel, personally, that spending $400 plus is worth it for little to no gains.

billyraff

Reaction score
I've attached some pictures of the stock intake as I took it apart this morning to remove the restrictive charcoal filter. Blew a hairdryer through it and it definitely slows down the airflow. I plan on getting an AFE soon. Did some analysis on the stock set up. You can see the light coming through to the grill in front of the radiator in the last two from the box. I wish the stock tube to the grill was wider, I have individual pics If you guys want.

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_135902_073.jpg
    IMG_20190210_135902_073.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 862

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've attached some pictures of the stock intake as I took it apart this morning to remove the restrictive charcoal filter. Blew a hairdryer through it and it definitely slows down the airflow. I plan on getting an AFE soon. Did some analysis on the stock set up. You can see the light coming through to the grill in front of the radiator in the last two from the box. I wish the stock tube to the grill was wider, I have individual pics If you guys want.
Ive done the same also. Impressed with factory set up myself. Sure the tube isn’t huge, it’s also not small either. The opening at the grill is good size. Might be something to look into from box to opening replacement:unsure::geek:

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Do some research. I just read an article about CAI’s and the lack of actual added horsepower. Unless you plan on a big build, the air intake system on the 19 is pretty **** good! I don’t feel, personally, that spending $400 plus is worth it for little to no gains.

Then don't install one. I love the look, the sound, and I think it helps. I personally feel that it's $320 very well spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/