5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best 72 month APR / Rate?

AZHUND

Reaction score
Their online terms of service are absolute ********. I just send the a ach push from my bank for whatever amount I want. It's 0% so no real reason to pay it off faster.
Yeah, I have had loans from most of major automakers and this is the first time I remember being confused by a payment site. Was also the first time the finance guy at the dealership also seemed confused when filling out the paperwork. So maybe that is the theme here and I will just go with it....

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got all the dealer discounts and rebates that I qualified for ( plus 0% for 3 years ($9400 plus the 0%) with no haggling.

AZHUND

Reaction score
Yeah, I have had loans from most of major automakers and this is the first time I remember being confused by a payment site. Was also the first time the finance guy at the dealership also seemed confused when filling out the paperwork. So maybe that is the theme here and I will just go with it....
I attempted going above the $2999 limit and it won't let me proceed. So just going to send a bunch of $2999's as that seems to work. I just don't like loans/debt as it makes me despise whatever thing I am paying on, so just want the debt gone and title in hand...

Rhombus

Reaction score
I took all the dealer rebates, used their financing my rate was 4.1% waited three months, refinanced with my local credit union at 2.1% best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what I did. Ended up with 2.14% at the CU

U

User_3336

Chrysler Capital (Santander USA) ...Its because it uses QUICKPAY by Western Union. Western Union's terms = $2999 cap per payment.

Lots of Chrysler Capital loans in this thread - off-topic, but when you go to make a payment online does it limit the amount to $2,999? I went with the loan to take advantage of the $500 rebate (instead of paying in cash at time of sale) and didn't bother negotiating the interest rate (was a stupid high rate for a 800's credit score, but I wanted the $500...). Google and their FAQ were no help on this so I am hoping it is maybe for the initial payment, but just got the paperwork and logged is for the first time last night.

U

User_3336

Dealer will tell you THREE months. Bullcrap. They loose their backend money if you pay it off early.
You can start paying your CCAP loan off as soon as you get your account number.

NOTE! If you pay thru the Chrysler Capital Website, Payments are capped at $2999 per day if
you use ACH processing.

How long did you have to hold the Chrysler credit loan? How long did it take the the refi to go through? How much interest did you end up having to pay CC? I'm going through the same thing right now.

Kevinch

Reaction score
When I bought my truck back in April, RAM was running their 84 month 0% program or incentives. My dealer also offered a discount from MSRP on either option. I did have a $3500 trade-in that also came off the bottom line price. We ran the numbers both ways: taking the 0% or a low interest loan & the incentives. I can't remember the lowest rate the dealer could offer on a regular loan; I do know it wasn't through Chrysler Credit & I was a Tier 1 candidate so it was low. Looking at the 2, the only way I could best the total $$ outlay for the truck with a conventional loan was to pay it off within 30 months or so. That would have been a bigger hit per month than we wanted to absorb, so we took the 0% loan. I hang onto my vehicles for an average of 12 years anyway, the time frame didn't bother me...as long as the truck proves to be a good vehicle.

yaksushi

Reaction score
Got 2.49% with USAA last month (790-820 credit score depending on bureau)

Users who are viewing this thread