5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best 72 month APR / Rate?

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Bighorns have 0/72 right now. Think it expires today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reel Irie

Reaction score
Bighorns have 0/72 right now. Think it expires today.

That would be great if you did not loose the other incentives (at least two dealers claimed that)

SacRebel

Reaction score
It’s always like that. Rebates or financing deals. You might get a $500 loyalty or dealer rebate but that’s about it. Fortunately there are a lot of dealers with 2019 and 2020 models still on the lot with 2021’s coming soon. You should be able to negotiate the difference.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The lowest I've ever gotten with a car was 3-3.5% with incentives/rebates, but that was five-six years ago. It looks like auto loans are a touch high across the board right now, didn't get quite that low on the Ram last month (Chrysler Capital) or the wife's 2018 Grand Cherokee in March (Wells Fargo).

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where is everyone getting their best rate? Would like to walk in dealer with a pre-approval...
I did a quick check on a couple of banks we’ve used...Alliant Credit Union is offering as low as 2.74% on new vehicles (don’t know the term). NDFCU is at 3.97%. EECU is at 3.04% for 72 mo. Good luck!

dinomufin

Reaction score
Drove home in a 2020 "built to serve" in Ceramic Gray this weekend. Rate was 2.8%.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're looking at 72 month it's going to be like everyone else said, financing or rebates. I got 0% for 36 months plus rebates. I was already going to pay as much as the 36 month payment, so why not get 0 interest on it? Saved me a few thousand.

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Penfed.org is who I've used frequently. At the time I purchased mine, they were 2.99% on 72 months... while the dealer was at 3.35 (something like that)... and when I told the dealer the Penfed rate, he came back with 2.64% thru Bank of America, who I've also used in the past. I just checked Penfed and it looks like they may be running a special at 2.49% on 72 months.

Paultg

Reaction score
My local credit union is doing 2.49% up to 65m. It jumps to 3.49 for 72m.
dcu.org

j_drew

Reaction score
USAA @ 2.44 (if you enroll in automatic payments (-.25%) and use their car finder service (-.50%)).
Navy Federal Credit Union 2.29% @ 72mo

highgear2005

Reaction score
I took all the dealer rebates, used their financing my rate was 4.1% waited three months, refinanced with my local credit union at 2.1% best of both worlds.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't need to wait, you can refi as soon as you get your registration and the title is processed. Within the first week. The wait 3 months BS is so the dealer doesn't get a chargeback for you refinancing too soon. Don't waste you money, refi ASAP unless you have a promo rate below what any bank will offer.

do the math too. 0% sounds awesome but you usually loose some or all of the rebates. so if you have a 60 month loan at 3% on a $65,000 truck is going to cost you $5k in interest. if you get 0% but loose $15K in rebates, it's a bad deal and if you need the payments lower, you are buying too much vehicle.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Mine is 4.45%, with top tier credit. After 120 days I am switching to my local credit union. 2.25%. Did the Chrysler for the $1,500 financing rebate.

Wsmith

Reaction score
You don't need to wait, you can refi as soon as you get your registration and the title is processed. Within the first week. The wait 3 months BS is so the dealer doesn't get a chargeback for you refinancing too soon. Don't waste you money, refi ASAP unless you have a promo rate below what any bank will offer.

do the math too. 0% sounds awesome but you usually loose some or all of the rebates. so if you have a 60 month loan at 3% on a $65,000 truck is going to cost you $5k in interest. if you get 0% but loose $15K in rebates, it's a bad deal and if you need the payments lower, you are buying too much vehicle.
Unfortunately the owner of the dealership is in my golf league, somewhat of a friend, so I will wait the 120 days.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where is everyone getting their best rate? Would like to walk in dealer with a pre-approval...
if you have great credit, you can always ask the outside lending party for a 'rate exception'. i got 25 bps off the bank's advertised rate by doing this

Users who are viewing this thread