5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BellTech 1060SP lowering kit review

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hello, I am having trouble with the Belltech lowering kit(1062hk). The shop that I have my truck contacted me saying that the rear bracket for the axle does not line up at all. Contacted Belltech apparently a lot of people having the same problem. But they don’t have a solution. Waiting for them to talk with there engineers. But having my truck at the shop is not cheap. Need some help.

Did you start at the beginning of this thread? SVT40 had some issues as well. Reading from the beginning may provide some insight if it’s the same issues.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have nothing to contribute but Im digging the street truck style.. its definitely different then what you typically see done to one of our Rams.

Svt40

Reaction score
hello, I am having trouble with the Belltech lowering kit(1062hk). The shop that I have my truck contacted me saying that the rear bracket for the axle does not line up at all. Contacted Belltech apparently a lot of people having the same problem. But they don’t have a solution. Waiting for them to talk with there engineers. But having my truck at the shop is not cheap. Need some help.

It looks like they need to start by cutting off more metal from the factory brackets so the control arms will fit. But I have no idea what the 3/5 kit contains as I did the 2/4 kit.

Lowram

Reaction score
IMG_3753.jpeg
I had to grind down the top of the lobe from the original arm where I circled to get the relocating brackets to sit low enough.

The other brackets I had to elongate the holes so that they fit, circled that too.

For the away bar links I had to go buy some bolts. Hope this helps some.

Attachments

• IMG_3867.jpeg
    IMG_3867.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 7

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

WideRam,

You should make a build thread in the Member’s Truck area so others can follow your build process.

Lowram

Reaction score
Lowram,

What is your wheel size and offset and tire size? Do you have rubbing issues in the front?
Tires are 305/40 and Wheels are 22x10 -12 offset. I’m also running spacers. I get a little bit of rubbing at full lock, but just the fender liner not too bad.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tires are 305/40 and Wheels are 22x10 -12 offset. I’m also running spacers. I get a little bit of rubbing at full lock, but just the fender liner not too bad.

305’s, a negative offset and spacers? I figured with all that the tire would be sticking out a lot more.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Is that the Clinched wide body kit on your truck?

Svt40

Reaction score
Nice S1000 in the bed too. Or is an M. Hard to tell from this angle.

You pretty much had to do all the same things I had posted at the start of this thread with my build. Kinda sucks that Bell Tech still has not fixed the issues.

Lowram

Reaction score
Nice S1000 in the bed too. Or is an M. Hard to tell from this angle.

You pretty much had to do all the same things I had posted at the start of this thread with my build. Kinda sucks that Bell Tech still has not fixed the issues.
Thank you, it’s and M1000R

And yeah, I was disappointed as well. Read this post and was hoping it had been updated.

Users who are viewing this thread