5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Utility Group & Tonneau Covers

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
Maybe those that have RAM BOXES don't need and the rest of us do? If the RAM BOX beds have brackets for the MFT like the non-MFT trucks, you would think they are needed regardless.

Correct sir. My configuration (RamBox, MFT, BUG) did not come with any visible reinforcement brackets. Below is a pic I snapped right as I started the install. Since I received the Right On brackets at the same time as the RetraxONE, I thought about just adding the brackets. Besides drilling holes in a brand new bed liner, the tie down rails would have to be removed which are required for the Retrax install. Thankfully Right On has A+ customer service and allowed me to return the brackets without any additional fees.
IMG_20200229_122946.jpg

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
As I said above, if the trucks with RAM BOXES do NOT have these brackets, as do the trucks without, then you would be correct. Just getting clarification as you never stated, that I read anyway, that RAM BOX trucks with the MFT don't come with support brackets :)

Yeah, except that is NOT in the post I was replying to. Again, there are much more cordial ways to get clarity on a question. Also, I was quoted from a completely separate thread where MFT and RamBox packages that work with tonneau covers are discussed at length.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Correct sir. My configuration (RamBox, MFT, BUG) did not come with any visible reinforcement brackets. Below is a pic I snapped right as I started the install. Since I received the Right On brackets at the same time as the RetraxONE, I thought about just adding the brackets. Besides drilling holes in a brand new bed liner, the tie down rails would have to be removed which are required for the Retrax install. Thankfully Right On has A+ customer service and allowed me to return the brackets without any additional fees.
Thanks...I assumed that trucks with the RAM BOXES that the boxes acted as the reinforcement needed for the MFT. Makes total sense! I just ordered my brackets. You'll LOVE your Retrax...this will be my second.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Yeah, except that is NOT in the post I was replying to. Again, there are much more cordial ways to get clarity on a question. Also, I was quoted from a completely separate thread where MFT and RamBox packages that work with tonneau covers are discussed at length.
THANKS again for your help and clarifications! I can NOT wait to get my Retrax installed. It will be my 1st tonneau cover and I'm looking forward to all the advantages it provides. Take care @Snicklefritz_76 and @securityguy!

Users who are viewing this thread