5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Storage Alternatives

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Grabbed a set if these Husky bins from Home Depot tonight and ordered the load bar from Amazon... great idea!!

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the undercover swing out boxes? I know they are a bit expensive but like the idea they are in that dead space plus they are quick to remove.
I have both sides and love them. There are groves in them. I cut 2x4 two high and wedge them in between this will stop things close to tailgate. Very simple and works. The boxes will hold a lot. Will be surprised. I think we’ll worth it. There was someone on here got some off eBay (off brand) 1/2 price. I am very happy with undercover. I have there armor cover tonneau cover.

SJC5

Reaction score
Has anyone found a "cargo stabilize bar" or similar item that will attach to the BUG existing hooks vs. tension on the bed walls? I the "bed utility group" that has the movable hooks you can attach stuff too. I would like to find something that is like the "cargo stabilize bar" but rather than tension it attaches to the exist tie down hooks.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score

Attachments

• EA4407F0-4056-484A-B789-4C69BDCE4615.jpeg
    EA4407F0-4056-484A-B789-4C69BDCE4615.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 321

rshouse

Reaction score
The bed extender works great for keeping things from shifting around too much and also helps when you carry something big and need to leave the gate down.

View attachment 48849 View attachment 48850
Had these on my last truck anyone know if they can be installed with a drop in bed liner?
The bed extender works great for keeping things from shifting around too much and also helps when you carry something big and need to leave the gate down.

View attachment 48849 View attachment 48850

dfspt

Reaction score
I’ve seen the ideas for cargo bar and that looks like a good idea. But, I‘m wondering if anyone has tried the factory Ram bed divider. See attached. Parts guy says it won’t work with tonneau cover. I am getting Retrax Pro XR cover soon. I can’t see why this wouldn’t work, as it seems lower than top of bed where cover sits? FB821A38-2DBE-4052-A7F3-258CFD448D9E.png

Jako

Reaction score
I’ve seen the ideas for cargo bar and that looks like a good idea. But, I‘m wondering if anyone has tried the factory Ram bed divider. See attached. Parts guy says it won’t work with tonneau cover. I am getting Retrax Pro XR cover soon. I can’t see why this wouldn’t work, as it seems lower than top of bed where cover sits? View attachment 91573
See the Amazon reviews.

Jako

Reaction score
Thank you! At least w Amazon, I could return it if it doesn’t work. Dodge dealer says no returns...
I have seen a few for resale. I get the impression the form is better than the function.

udpumpkin

Reaction score
Thank you! At least w Amazon, I could return it if it doesn’t work. Dodge dealer says no returns...
I know this is an old post but thought I would reply just in case. The Mopar cargo bed divider won't work with a retractable tonneau cover. The rails for the bed divider attach to the bed utility rails and extend 2-3" into the bed so will interfere with the tonneau canister. I bought from the Mopar website and picked up at the local dealer parts department and they refunded my money with no problems.

dieldrin

Reaction score
Probably not exactly what you guys are looking for but I found this nifty divided cargo net pretty handy. Great for $15

I also have a 30 gallon lidded tub from walmart, I load it up when grocery shopping and use it to lug the stuff inside, it also makes a great coffee table when I'm chillin on my lunch break. I have it tethered so I don't have to climb in after it.

Attachments

• net 5.jpg
    net 5.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 120
  • net 4.jpg
    net 4.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 118
  • net 3.jpg
    net 3.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 119
  • net 1.jpg
    net 1.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 117
  • net 2.jpg
    net 2.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 121
  • tub 3.jpg
    tub 3.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 122
  • tub 1.jpg
    tub 1.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 127

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some bed storage ideas for my 2020 quad cab. Backseat storage is limited with the quad. This week I'm getting a Lomax cover and the bed Linex'd. I need to keep shopping bags from flying around and wanted something for tow straps, jumper cables etc. I think the da-hu Humpster might work or the undercover swing out for the cables and straps. As far as bags sliding around maybe a big net or should I consider a bed extender?

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Cargo bar and some heavy duty totes from Home Depot or Lowes. or Trade it in and get a crew cab with Ram boxes. You'll Thanks Us all later for upgrading.

nogarage30

Reaction score
So glad I found this thread, thanks! Loving the setup with the Heininger bar (Amazon) and the Husky bins (Home Depot). About $80 total. Highly recommend.

Ram Bed Storage.jpeg

malgen

Reaction score
Probably not exactly what you guys are looking for but I found this nifty divided cargo net pretty handy. Great for $15

I also have a 30 gallon lidded tub from walmart, I load it up when grocery shopping and use it to lug the stuff inside, it also makes a great coffee table when I'm chillin on my lunch break. I have it tethered so I don't have to climb in after it.
talk to me about this chair.:)

Users who are viewing this thread