5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Storage Alternatives

NJC1684

Reaction score
Hmmm. I love the idea of the husky boxes but mine don't seem to fit snugly at all. I bought the ones from the link above and confirmed the model number. Could this be due to bed size differences on a 4x4? I have a 2019 4x4 with he 6'4'' bed. Am I doing something wrong?

Look like mine. Where's the cargo bar?

NJC1684

Reaction score
I was hoping they fit tightly like in other pics I guess the bed is wider on the 4x4?

Beds are the same. You'll notice in those pics the boxes are pushed together and not spread like yours. If you look harder you can see the gap on each side.

SP1772

Reaction score
Hmmm. I love the idea of the husky boxes but mine don't seem to fit snugly at all. I bought the ones from the link above and confirmed the model number. Could this be due to bed size differences on a 4x4? I have a 2019 4x4 with he 6'4'' bed. Am I doing something wrong?

Hmm... I’m trying to figure this picture out. Do you have the B.U.G.? The Bed Utility Group has the rails on the sides. Maybe that’s why yours aren’t snug?

Here’s a pic of mine pushed back too. 8319F880-BA08-4F76-AC2D-8DF9A40D8098.jpeg

parnine

Reaction score
I do not, just the standard 6'4 bed.

truck bed width on the 6'4" or 5'7" bed is the same

I got the bins in this thread, also thinking, from the picture they would be snug side to side with no gaps between bed side-bin-bin-bedside, but this is not the case - the don't fit snug side to side, the bins are not wide enough for that as other are saying. The pics just don't show it clearly. I'll probably return them.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI - it's an option.
No connection to bed slide stop, don't own, have 2 bed mats ((n)Westin(n) and /or(n)Carid(n) sent bogus fit, never replied to emails), very pleased with Smartliner bed mat.

1592915523327.png 1592914398793.png Bedslidestop $185.00

Post on bed mats

JoshFink

Reaction score
Anyone tried these in a RamBox bed? Looks like they won't fit side by side...

They do not fit on my 2020 1500 Limited 4x4 with Rambox and MFT. It's too narrow for them to fit side by side. The width on mine is about 50". I bought a 48" box from Walmart that fits pretty well. I like it also because it's one long tray vs. two smaller ones. Works better for me.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some bed storage ideas for my 2020 quad cab. Backseat storage is limited with the quad. This week I'm getting a Lomax cover and the bed Linex'd. I need to keep shopping bags from flying around and wanted something for tow straps, jumper cables etc. I think the da-hu Humpster might work or the undercover swing out for the cables and straps. As far as bags sliding around maybe a big net or should I consider a bed extender?

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the undercover swing out boxes? I know they are a bit expensive but like the idea they are in that dead space plus they are quick to remove.

badassbaldie

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the undercover swing out boxes? I know they are a bit expensive but like the idea they are in that dead space plus they are quick to remove.

bought two of the fleabay knockoff versions for less than what one of the name brand costs. They work great.

FYI, 4th gen versions work on 5th gens just fine.

MrB

Reaction score
Like others have said, I highly recommend the Heininger stabilizer bar https://amzn.to/2YdX47u
I also recommend the Heininger 4016 divider https://amzn.to/2NFhjZR

In addition, I highly recommend the heavy duty collapsible crates from BigAnt. Very heavy duty, collapses down to a few inches if you need to throw them in the cab or something. Folding and unfolding is very easy and very quick. (and no, i'm not affiliated with any of these products, just a happy customer)

At the risk of slightly deviating from the OP's post, i've also had great success with this utility rail tool holder

These are the crates shown in the pictures https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200749438_200749438

Amazon has them in different sizes and colors https://amzn.to/3c819SW

storage1.png storage2.png storage3.png storage4.png storage5.png

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Had one on my 4th gen. Excellent - to me they are the next best thing to ram boxes.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
bought two of the fleabay knockoff versions for less than what one of the name brand costs. They work great.

FYI, 4th gen versions work on 5th gens just fine.
Hey are you sure the 4th gens fit in the 5th? I still have my swingcase from my 4th gen. My new truck has a drop in liner so some holes would have to be cut.

badassbaldie

Reaction score
Hey are you sure the 4th gens fit in the 5th? I still have my swingcase from my 4th gen. My new truck has a drop in liner so some holes would have to be cut.
Yup...bought 2 that were specifically for 4th gen that are currently in my 5th gen Rebel. Beds are the same. I even have my 4th gen Paragon bed cover on my current 5th gen.

richardfl

Reaction score
These are the same storage bins. The previous author butted them up together. I’m going to get the same Husky bins you have and butt them together with zip tie(s) so they stay side by side. Between that and the bar extender, it should hold in place just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread