5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Storage Alternatives

papac0rn

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some bed storage ideas for my 2020 quad cab. Backseat storage is limited with the quad. This week I'm getting a Lomax cover and the bed Linex'd. I need to keep shopping bags from flying around and wanted something for tow straps, jumper cables etc. I think the da-hu Humpster might work or the undercover swing out for the cables and straps. As far as bags sliding around maybe a big net or should I consider a bed extender?

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Reverse

Reaction score
Get you a cargo bar and some milk crates or plastic totes. That'll keep everything up against the tailgate for easy access yet you'll still be able to move it quickly. As a side bonus, it'll put some added weight at the rear to level it a little.

That's exactly what I do: bar and some crates big and small. You could get a bed mat (floor only) to help with keeping stuff from sliing around.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Thanks again. I just got mine today and installed. It definitely seems to be heavy made.

I got one of these. It's really heavy duty. Bought one of discounted ones from Amazon outlet.

Heininger 4016 HitchMate

Attachments

• Bed bar.JPG
    Bed bar.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,156

MRGUD

Reaction score
Thanks for this idea! I decided to to the same.

Ordered HitchMate 4016 Cargo Stabilizer Bar from Amazon.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have a pic... but there are slots on both sides that will let you slide in a 2x2 or 2x4 or 2x6 (you get the idea)... cut to length, angle cuts if you're good with this stuff for a better fit.... add some hooks/handles... cut the board in 1/2 and re-attach with a hinge, and then you can take it out and store it anywhere in the box or cab if you need to remove it

so far I've made 3 variants.... too many weekends stuck indoors with power tools!

Last edited:

bigoldthor

Reaction score
I needed the same thing and bought one of these last year. Couldn't be happier. Lighweight, adjustable inside, all kinds of pockets on the outside and ends, handles if you need to move or carry it, friction on the bottom so it doesn't slide around, good size but not too big, has adjustable straps on it if you want to hook it into the cargo hooks, etc. Love it. Researched for probably 2-3 weeks before I settled on this one. Comes in black, blue, red, and even one with an insulated section for temperature preservation. (Second picture below shows what it looks like in the bed of my truck. Wasn't taking a picture of it specifically but you can see it pretty good.)

Amazon link

61C%2Bhpw9FML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

tailgate mat.jpg

1guyandtools

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some bed storage ideas for my 2020 quad cab. Backseat storage is limited with the quad. This week I'm getting a Lomax cover and the bed Linex'd. I need to keep shopping bags from flying around and wanted something for tow straps, jumper cables etc. I think the da-hu Humpster might work or the undercover swing out for the cables and straps. As far as bags sliding around maybe a big net or should I consider a bed extender?

Thanks for the input.

Bed slide is the best, no climbing in. I have some tool boxes mounted to the right side ( Not in the photo ) One of them is a large tool box just for my tie downs and cables. Best investment in the truck so far besides the topper

Attachments

• 20190703_213152.jpg
    20190703_213152.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 511
  • Bed slide (2).jpg
    Bed slide (2).jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 520

Damion

Reaction score
I have a ratcheting cargo bar in mine, I made some hooks that hook on my bed utility rails and hold the bar out of the way when not needed. Works for me

hulk181

Reaction score
I have a ratcheting cargo bar in mine, I made some hooks that hook on my bed utility rails and hold the bar out of the way when not needed. Works for me

Great idea. Do you have any pictures of how you store your cargo bar?

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Just installed HitchMate i got from Amazon + bins, so far, so good.
Thanks for the idea.

IMG_20200309_182350.jpg

IMG_20200309_182338.jpg

IMG_20200309_182331.jpg

IMG_20200309_182350.jpg

IMG_20200309_182338.jpg

IMG_20200309_182331.jpg
It does look good. The only thing I wouldn't like is having to remove all of that if/when I need to haul something larger. But if that's not an issue for you, then good job! :)

Last edited:

MRGUD

Reaction score
Honestly that was the first thing that we thought about when decided to go this route.

I think we are fine, we rarely ever move / have something big, probably the biggest would be bicycles :)

Even removing it would take really only like 2 minutes (if that).

This costed me around $45 cad in total, for bed divider dealership wanted $615 cad installed.

Still looking for a used / compatible divider for my truck, if i ever find it priced well, etc, i will buy it.

HitchMate in my opinion is anyway a must in truck, so, its never wasted money.

Thanks

SP1772

Reaction score
A guy a while back posted these. I got 2 side by side. I bought the cargo bar to hold them in place, but they’re so snug, the bar isn’t needed. I love these things.

Attachments

• AC48A9E8-F09C-40BB-8BCF-598FE6951062.jpeg
    AC48A9E8-F09C-40BB-8BCF-598FE6951062.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 232

Users who are viewing this thread