5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Recall

TexasDrone

Reaction score
Just got an alert from Carfax about Bedsteps. See attached:
e6f1286c7d4b90063b4673bc300a84a8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't got one for that yet .. I know they stopped selling them but was told that it is because it would puncture the fuel tank during a rearend collision.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah .. mine came from the factory as well.
Haven't remembered to look into it .. the Original Poster would have to see if he got his from the dealer or as an aftermarket part.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My original purchased OEM bed step had a recall on it but that was the AB version. I had it replaced with the latest I think AG version a couple of months ago

TexasDrone

Reaction score
Mine was OEM from factory as well.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did see the "AG" version recently. I'll have to crawl under mine to see if there is a sticker. (Mine was built JULY 2019)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The center one isn't close to the fuel tank, but it was make sense.
I don't like (and have submitted items to FCA) how mine slams against the driver side muffler when stowing. I was going to remove it and grind down the "pointed" bit and make more clearance. But, that was when my parts dept. told me about the whole situation. I haven't had time to look deeper into it :(

Dawn

Reaction score
Just got an alert from Carfax about Bedsteps. See attached:
e6f1286c7d4b90063b4673bc300a84a8.png

I recieved the same recall for the bed step on my truck but no parts are available yet. I also recieved a recall for the transmission valve but I was told by 3 ram dealerships that they are only fixing it on unsold vehicles. When I called FCA, they said they can't force the dealership to fix it. I was also told that the bed step probably won't be fixed or replaced

RamCares

Reaction score
I recieved the same recall for the bed step on my truck but no parts are available yet. I also recieved a recall for the transmission valve but I was told by 3 ram dealerships that they are only fixing it on unsold vehicles. When I called FCA, they said they can't force the dealership to fix it. I was also told that the bed step probably won't be fixed or replaced

We can help with W03 for the transmission valve. Parts are available and have been for a couple months. Send us a PM with your VIN and dealer so we can get your appointment set up.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score

We can help with W03 for the transmission valve. Parts are available and have been for a couple months. Send us a PM with your VIN and dealer so we can get your appointment set up.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Dawn

Reaction score

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
We have already contacted Ram. We were told that they could not make the dealership fix it. The dealership informed us that they were instructed to only fix unsold vehicles.

RamCares

Reaction score
We have already contacted Ram. We were told that they could not make the dealership fix it. The dealership informed us that they were instructed to only fix unsold vehicles.

A couple months ago they were told to fix unsolds first but it has changed since then.
We can set it up for you, there are parts available now.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Dawn

Reaction score
A couple months ago they were told to fix unsolds first but it has changed since then.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
We spoke with someone at Ram last Monday and a case was created but we haven't heard back. San Antonio, San Marcos and New Braunfels dealerships are all saying that they don't have the part and can not get it. If this is untrue, then whoever is looking into our case right now can email or call and let us know

lasani1121

Reaction score

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
So the new part number that should be installed is: 82215289AG ?

RamCares

Reaction score
We spoke with someone at Ram last Monday and a case was created but we haven't heard back. San Antonio, San Marcos and New Braunfels dealerships are all saying that they don't have the part and can not get it. If this is untrue, then whoever is looking into our case right now can email or call and let us know

Hi Dawn, to my knowledge parts are not available yet.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread