5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Install Doc and Pics

Jstadick

Reaction score
So I got my Mopar bed Step..i.e., "Step Kit-Side - 82215289AB ", yesterday and mounted it. Took a couple of pictures of the mounting points. Just three bolts hold it on. Attached are the included mounting instructions and a couple of pictures.

In a nutshell:

1. Remove one existing bolt
2. Move the wire bundle (looks to be a groove in the back plate of the step to account for the wires, but I couldn't mount it without moving the wires to the side)
3. Mount the Step with the provided Three 7/8" head bolts (mounting points noted in first pic)

The top rear bolt is mounted in the frame rail, so you have to thread it blind holding the handle welded to the provided nut (see second pic). A bit of a pain, but not too bad.

Fitment is good and doesn't hit or touch anything that I can see.

I like it. I think I will order the Mopar Bed Grab handle to go with it. Wife wants something a little better to pull herself up with. She was a little spoiled with the pull out step and handle in our F150.

Edit: Added a few pics of the installed step

Attachments

• BedStepInstall.pdf
    994.1 KB · Views: 1,404
  • BedStepMountingPoints.jpg
    BedStepMountingPoints.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 3,822
  • BedStepMountingBack.jpg
    BedStepMountingBack.jpg
    861.4 KB · Views: 3,865
  • BedStep1.jpg
    BedStep1.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 3,813
  • BedStep2.jpg
    BedStep2.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 3,807
  • BedStep3.jpg
    BedStep3.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 3,811
Last edited:

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up on the bed step. I've been toying with getting one. They look well built. When you have time, post some pictures of the installed produce in use.

BZ23

Reaction score
So I got my Mopar bed Step..i.e., "Step Kit-Side - 82215289AB ", yesterday and mounted it. Took a couple of pictures of the mounting points. Just three bolts hold it on. Attached are the included mounting instructions and a couple of pictures.

In a nutshell:

2. Move the wire bundle (looks to be a groove in the back plate of the step to account for the wires, but I couldn't mount it without moving the wires to the side)
3. Mount the Step with the provided Three 7/8" head bolts (mounting points noted in first pic)

The top rear bolt is mounted in the frame rail, so you have to thread it blind holding the handle welded to the provided nut (see second pic). A bit of a pain, but not too bad.

I like it. I think I will order the Mopar Bed Grab handle to go with it. Wife wants something a little better to pull herself up with. She was a little spoiled with the pull out step and handle in our F150.
Awesome. Can you post photos of the step open and closed? Also, where did you buy it from?

Jstadick

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up on the bed step. I've been toying with getting one. They look well built. When you have time, post some pictures of the installed produce in use.
Added some pics of
Awesome. Can you post photos of the step open and closed? Also, where did you buy it from?

Added a few pics of it opened and closed.

I ordered from MoparAmerica. Got it in about a week.

Part Number 82215289AB
Part Name Step Kit-Side

DeanKing

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I was considering this and your post helped a lot.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added some pics of

Added a few pics of it opened and closed.

I ordered from MoparAmerica. Got it in about a week.

Part Number 82215289AB
Part Name Step Kit-Side

Awesome - just ordered. Thanks.

Also, I've "simulated" the bed step trying to gracefully crawl into the bed on the driver's side. I can see the benefit of the assist handle on a regular bed, but with RamBox and the BUG, the silver rail makes a really good handle for pulling yourself up and in.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

In a nutshell:

I just used your post as evidence to counter my salesperson’s claim of “oh no that’s not available yet.” (y)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

mr1563

Reaction score

In a nutshell:

Thanks for the pics
Installed mine today, your photos really helped alot. Works great, might go for the handle!!

jkratze1

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks so much for posting this because I have been waiting for availability to get this step. Does anyone know if the handle works with a low profile tonneau cover such as the MX4 or Ultra Flex?

SlowArrow

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are on track to make this step available again in early November? I’ve tries to order one and everybody cancels the order because they are on indefinite backorder.

mr1563

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are on track to make this step available again in early November? I’ve tries to order one and everybody cancels the order because they are on indefinite backorder.
Did you use SpeedyV sites < post above> I ordered mine from moparamerica.com took about 10 days

JBeckman

Reaction score

In a nutshell:

Awesome write up sir. Been really needing one. How low does it sit under the bumper? If possible, could you snap a pic from behind the truck, axl height?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can attest to that fact, it’s so well hidden till sometimes you forget that you actually have it. Also I’ve wondered if the “ handle “ can be used with the MX4 tonneau cover.

Users who are viewing this thread