5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Tender recommendation for our trucks?...

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Truck in signature. I found pretty much 1 thread about this and it was 2 years ago yet all over the place so going to ask again.
My truck will sit for a long period of time sometimes (for example my last post was the last time my truck turned on, so a month ago and i likly wont turn it on this Sunday for a trip up north, so sat for 5 weeks total without ever turning on and no charger, wouldnt be suprised if my battery is shot by now tbh, if it is welp ill get another and slap it on their). That said i would like a trickle charger/tender/maintainer recommendation so i can buy one today online. The one i have is for my toys so its probably not enough for the truck and well, i use it for my toys. That said i also want to know what amp i should get as well, obviously a 12V one id assume but what amp and what are yall using specifically for these trucks? Would be great if yall could drop links or exact names so i can look them up. Thank you

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I used a tender type device for my 2019, it was a H Fright 4 amp with the quick disconnect leads. You need more than the puny .75 to 1.25 amp ones IMHO.

dajogejr

Reaction score
NOCO Genius 1 is all you need.
You need to maintain a charge, not create one.. big, big difference.
Same one in use for many of your toys will work just fine maintaining the one in your truck.
Key is use it before you need it…not after :)

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
NOCO Genius 1 is all you need.
You need to maintain a charge, not create one.. big, big difference.
Same one in use for many of your toys will work just fine maintaining the one in your truck.
Key is use it before you need it…not after :)
THANK. YOU.!

This good and what i need? i dont need like a 2 or 4 amp one?

Users who are viewing this thread