5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Vibration

eithkrp1

Reaction score
I have a 2020 RAM Limited 1500 Crew Cab - 5.5'
I have what i feel like is a recent very bad vibration, that is very evident on smoth highway at around 60mph, then it seems to get more consolidated at 70's and up where you think the road may be rough. But at 60mph it is more shaking. Not in the steering wheel. It has brand new Nitto Ridge Grapplers on after replacing the ones that were only 12k miles as I knew that would be the villian. They are 285/55/22 i believe. First pair i got was smooth as glass.
Took it to the dealer, they feel it, put another vehcile wheels and tires on and drove it and it still occurs.. Then they supposedly drove another new Limited Air Ride truck, and say it inherent in the truck. I think that's BS, and a new model $66k truck with air ride should not shake on brand new highway pavement with tires that balance out on road force at single digit

Has anyone experienced or dealt with this. Does anyone have any ides?

Thanks,
Keith

Johnny_H

Reaction score
I had a vibration similar to yours after putting my new continental HTs on. Not as aggressive a tire but still, was wondering what the hell. Took it back a week later to re-balance them and they looked at me like I was retarded. Then they rebalanced them and couldn’t believe how poorly balanced they were - suggested I be more careful washing my truck as I probably sprayed a weight off. I just laughed and told them to hire better mechanics.

Some guys do swear these trucks do have weird wind buffeting characteristics and I had intermittent vibration I attributed to my soft tonneau cover which I also replaced and I do believe it’s better. Occasionally I will still sense a vibration at the speeds to describe but it is very minor and only occasional now, I can’t mail it down to a specific angle or speed of head or tailwind - most of the time the truck drives like a Cadillac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eithkrp1

Reaction score
They put wheels and tires off a stock Limited on mine and issue was still there

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Something ain't right. I can easily drift from 60ish to well over 80 without feeling a thing if I'm not paying enough attention to my speed. Could be a U-joint or a dented driveshaft, or just about anything that rotates. Try another dealership. Or get @RamCares involved.

RamCares

Reaction score
Hello @eithkrp1,

We're sorry to hear about your vehicle's vibration concerns and would like to look into this matter further. Please send our team a private message with your vehicle's mileage as well as any additional relevant details regarding your vehicle's performance to get started. We hope to hear back soon!

Also, thank you for the mention @Richard320!

Hannah
Ram Cares

eithkrp1

Reaction score
T
Hello @eithkrp1,

We're sorry to hear about your vehicle's vibration concerns and would like to look into this matter further. Please send our team a private message with your vehicle's mileage as well as any additional relevant details regarding your vehicle's performance to get started. We hope to hear back soon!

Also, thank you for the mention @Richard320!

Hannah
Ram Cares
Thanks, Glad to see you are on here, big plus. I've had issues with a Ford and their corporate wouldn't do anything on a vehicle that sat a dealer 6 months twice in two years.

I called in and opened one yesterday, after the suggestion. The Chat window closed before i got the case number, but i was told someone would reach out.

RamCares

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan @eithkrp1!

Do let us know if you need any additional assistance via private message.

Hannah
Ram Cares

U

User_3336

I have a 2020 RAM Limited 1500 Crew Cab - 5.5'
I have what i feel like is a recent very bad vibration, that is very evident on smoth highway at around 60mph, then it seems to get more consolidated at 70's and up where you think the road may be rough. But at 60mph it is more shaking. Not in the steering wheel. It has brand new Nitto Ridge Grapplers on after replacing the ones that were only 12k miles as I knew that would be the villian. They are 285/55/22 i believe. First pair i got was smooth as glass.
Took it to the dealer, they feel it, put another vehcile wheels and tires on and drove it and it still occurs.. Then they supposedly drove another new Limited Air Ride truck, and say it inherent in the truck. I think that's BS, and a new model $66k truck with air ride should not shake on brand new highway pavement with tires that balance out on road force at single digit

Has anyone experienced or dealt with this. Does anyone have any ides?

Thanks,
Keith
Did you bother reading either of these TWO threads already in progress ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Slight Vibration

Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited Tires: Bridgestone Duelers 275/55R20 I bought my truck with 10 miles on it in July 2018 and brought it back 3 days later for the vibration. My vibration happens around 75mph and is constant. It feels like it is coming from the back of the truck. You can feel...
5thgenrams.com
5thgenrams.com
19 pages, 368 replies

Slight vibration

I feel like I may be getting a slight vibration between the speeds of 57-63 mph. It’s not mds related because I have used the gear selector to turn it off. Anyone else experiencing this? I can mainly feel it in the floor.
5thgenrams.com
5thgenrams.com
56 pages, 1117 replies

eithkrp1

Reaction score
Did you bother reading either of these TWO threads already in progress ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Slight Vibration

Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited Tires: Bridgestone Duelers 275/55R20 I bought my truck with 10 miles on it in July 2018 and brought it back 3 days later for the vibration. My vibration happens around 75mph and is constant. It feels like it is coming from the back of the truck. You can feel...
5thgenrams.com
5thgenrams.com
19 pages, 368 replies

Slight vibration

I feel like I may be getting a slight vibration between the speeds of 57-63 mph. It’s not mds related because I have used the gear selector to turn it off. Anyone else experiencing this? I can mainly feel it in the floor.
5thgenrams.com
5thgenrams.com
56 pages, 1117 replies
No, it's 19 pages and then 56 pages. If there is an answer in there, would be great if someone knows, i can't go through that many pages, unless there is a way to find one that is the solution. My truck did not do this until about 25k miles and i blew it off as tire balance, until i finally went and got balanced, and then new tires (replacing same ones that had 80% life left) and they road forced super low. It wasn't until then i determined issues isn't wheels/tires.

Breezy83

Reaction score
I just pocked up a 2021 Limited and before I made it home I felt the crazy front end vibration once I went over 70. Has anyone been given a solution for this or is Ram Cares is listening can you HELP pleeeeease!

U

User_3336

I just pocked up a 2021 Limited and before I made it home I felt the crazy front end vibration once I went over 70. Has anyone been given a solution for this or is Ram Cares is listening can you HELP pleeeeease!
And you didn't notice this while you were test driving it? Strange.....

Breezy83

Reaction score
And you didn't notice this while you were test driving it? Strange.....
I didn't get it up to that speed during the test drive....My dumb fault I guess! Didn't think it would be an issue with a CPO truck.

Breezy83

Reaction score
Looking for assistanve not smart comments GregHBNA. Does it make you feel good when you do that....

Scram1500

Reaction score
It's usually tires, either they aren't round or out of balance. Try a tire rotation and see if anything changes.

22's on this Limited? Bent rim is another possibility

Breezy83

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Scram 1500....some people don't get that these forums are to share problems/experiences and solutions not snarky comments.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Scram 1500....some people don't get that these forums are to share problems/experiences and solutions not snarky comments.
YMMW...
Road force balancing would be my first step.

Ball joints could be getting worn or the half shafts/CV-joints might be acting up also.
How many miles you have on this?

Users who are viewing this thread