5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera Unavailable...why?

cobrar97

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited with less that 3000 miles. Today, when I put it in reverse, I got a blue-screen that said "Backup Camera Unavailable". Trying again results in the same thing.
Any ideas what's happened or how to correct it (besides taking it to Ram)? I've seen that this "electronics issues" sometimes can be easily fixed.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited with less that 3000 miles. Today, when I put it in reverse, I got a blue-screen that said "Backup Camera Unavailable". Trying again results in the same thing.
Any ideas what's happened or how to correct it (besides taking it to Ram)? I've seen that this "electronics issues" sometimes can be easily fixed.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCare

ibang1

Reaction score
Mine stop working this afternoon. I also got the blue screen. Was there an update that got pushed to the radio?

cobrar97

Reaction score
I made an appointment at the dealer, and mine started working again 3 days later (before my appointment). Hopefully you have the same luck.

Mine stop working this afternoon. I also got the blue screen. Was there an update that got pushed to the radio?

ibang1

Reaction score
Crazy, started up the truck this morning and the first thing I did was to put the truck in reverse and sure enough my backup camera is now working again!

I hope this was just a glitch.

Okie2111

Reaction score
Crazy, started up the truck this morning and the first thing I did was to put the truck in reverse and sure enough my backup camera is now working again!

I hope this was just a glitch.

Mine did today too. I have a 20’ Limited with 8k miles. ! 74k truck before rebates and this is what you get! Come’on man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjm752

Reaction score
Happened to me a few days ago. Checked fuses, and removed tailgate cover to look connections over. Called the dealer and made an appointment for the 28th. Only 3500 miles on the truck.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
whoa...guys, I had the same thing happen on my 2019 also 2 days ago. the cure for me was to simply go into the settings mode, and do a "reset to factory defaults". BOOM! fixed.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
whoa...guys, I had the same thing happen on my 2019 also 2 days ago. the cure for me was to simply go into the settings mode, and do a "reset to factory defaults". BOOM! fixed.
When you did that, were there any other things that changed?

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 053750 miles.

captainzombie

Reaction score
Here is the fix for this I posted it a week ago

2021 Backup Camera Dead

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you did that, were there any other things that changed?

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 053750 miles.
Hi Dusty! Nothing changed that I am aware of. My preset radio stations were still there, which kind of surprised me, and there is no noticeable changes in anything else. My symptoms were: I got in the truck, it started normally, then shifted into reverse, and got the half blue screen saying "camera unavailable", backed out of driveway, into drive and off I went, then noticed the radio was cutting out every 3 seconds, for 1 second. Got home, and did the reset to factory default option under the "settings" menu, with truck in "run" position, but engine not running, then shut off, restarted and voila! back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread