5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup cam blue screen of death

RD3

Reaction score
this might fall under this recall

even through it states different years who know if it might work
Good point. The dealer offered to try a software update to see if that helps. I just had warranty expire so hoping maybe they can figure it out. Considered pulling the panel from my 1500 with same screen and plugging it in just to see what happens. Also considered ordering a new backup camera just to try also.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good point. The dealer offered to try a software update to see if that helps. I just had warranty expire so hoping maybe they can figure it out. Considered pulling the panel from my 1500 with same screen and plugging it in just to see what happens. Also considered ordering a new backup camera just to try also.
Warranty doesn't matter if it is a recall. Not all dealers even know about the recall.

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
I had this and it took the dealer several tries to fix it. They said they diagnosed the problem to a defective camera, ordered it and a month later when it came in, did more troubleshooting and found it was loose or bad fuse. Replaced it and all seems to be good. I couldn’t believe a bad/loose fuse caused this and they diagnosed it to a bad camera. I guess as long as it’s working, that’s what’s important.

RamCares

Reaction score
Hello,

Should you need any further assistance, please send us a PM, our team would be happy to look further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
I had the exact same issue last night on my new Rebel with only 60 miles on it!
Hi Ulster,

If you decide to have this diagnosed by your servicing dealer, our team is available via PM to help escalate your concerns for further assistance.

Steph
Ram Cares

Cybersamurai

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. 2022 Rebel Crew Cab ~1 year old with about 8500 miles. Has been intermittently blue screened with "camera not available" for about 6 months. I have taken to the dealership 3 times. Most recently they replaced the backup camera and it is still not working. Now they are ordering a whole new radio head unit. I just dont think they are actually going to be able to fix the issue. Has anyone had this fixed successfully? Was it the fuse, an update, a recall or something else? Thanks!

6of36

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. 2022 Rebel Crew Cab ~1 year old with about 8500 miles. Has been intermittently blue screened with "camera not available" for about 6 months. I have taken to the dealership 3 times. Most recently they replaced the backup camera and it is still not working. Now they are ordering a whole new radio head unit. I just dont think they are actually going to be able to fix the issue. Has anyone had this fixed successfully? Was it the fuse, an update, a recall or something else? Thanks!
IF you have trailer back up, there is a recall. If not, it would be a different problem.

Cybersamurai

Reaction score
IF you have trailer back up, there is a recall. If not, it would be a different problem.
I dont have a trailer backup assist on my vehicle. I have already checked my VIN, the only recall I had was a tail gate latch issue and that was fixed. What is the issue if not related to the trailer backup?

Cybersamurai

Reaction score
Blue screen
Mine is blue screen as well but it is intermittent. Sometimes a blue screen and sometimes it works just fine. It has been progressively getting worse and works less and less. Is that consistent with a bad fuse or would the fuse issue be expected to cause constant blue screen?

Cybersamurai

Reaction score
Hi Ulster,

If you decide to have this diagnosed by your servicing dealer, our team is available via PM to help escalate your concerns for further assistance.

Steph
Ram Cares
Hello, I am hoping that you can help me out. I have a 2022 Ram Rebel 1500, purchased ~1 year ago and has 9000 miles on it. The back up camera has been intermittently going blue with, "camera unavailable" for the past 10 months. I have taken it to the dealer ~5-6 times. They have replaced the camera, the radio, the fuses, and have checked all the wiring harnesses. I dont have a TRSCM, and I have checked the VIN and there are no recalls for my vehicle. At the last dealer appointment, they opened a STAR case and followed their instructions. They had the truck for a week and supposedly fixed, but when I picked it up it was blue screen again. Is there anyone that can assist the dealership to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

6of36

Reaction score
Hello, I am hoping that you can help me out. I have a 2022 Ram Rebel 1500, purchased ~1 year ago and has 9000 miles on it. The back up camera has been intermittently going blue with, "camera unavailable" for the past 10 months. I have taken it to the dealer ~5-6 times. They have replaced the camera, the radio, the fuses, and have checked all the wiring harnesses. I dont have a TRSCM, and I have checked the VIN and there are no recalls for my vehicle. At the last dealer appointment, they opened a STAR case and followed their instructions. They had the truck for a week and supposedly fixed, but when I picked it up it was blue screen again. Is there anyone that can assist the dealership to troubleshoot this?

Thanks
When I saw the recall, it said it was for all trucks with TRSCM.

RamCares

Reaction score

Thanks
Hi Cybersamurai,

We can help take a look into this! Feel welcome to send us a PM with your VIN to get started.

Steph
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread