5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autostart in Phone App

jfcody3962

Reaction score
Mine works pretty much 100% of the time, but it does take about 30-60 seconds for the truck the respond. What I have learned is that the iPhone app needs to be restarted almost always before attempting to use it. I've gotten into the habit of swiping it away first, then bring it up again, send the desired command and it works.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. After we got back from out of town, I tried the remote start via the Uconnect App and it worked. I am wondering if I used an incorrect Security PIN when I had the problem. If that was the case, shouldn't the App let you know that? I will do some additional tests as long as I have internet connection.

No problem! I will keep my eye out for your message.

Alison
RamCares

flyingron

Reaction score
The UConnect app on the watch won't work unless you're bluetooth tethered to the phone. It's too braindead to connect via wifi or cell data.

RAMpage

Reaction score
The UConnect app on the watch won't work unless you're bluetooth tethered to the phone. It's too braindead to connect via wifi or cell data.

Are you sure? I am fairly certain I have used my Apple Watch w/cellular to start the truck a few times when my phone was in another building (I use my watch for most things).

This Guardian app is garbage though. It shows nothing compared to other manufactures (even Hyundai has a better one - and it's free!)... the 12" screen trucks even show less on the Guardian app than the 8.4" which makes ZERO sense. Plus the slow response times make it frustrating to use. The other day I was able to walk from my office to my truck before it even started. If they don't improve it, it should be free.

Zeeya

Reaction score
My U-connect app for starting truck hasn’t worked since I bought the truck in June. Brought it in for service 3 weeks ago and service manager went out to my truck and got on with them. Not sure what they did, but it has worked ever since then. I’ve used it 9-10 times and has started the truck

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was the same way, commands either took a long time ( 5 minutes or more ) or didn't work at all. I can't see myself paying $17 a month for that service. $5-10 maybe but that's pushing it.

I wasn't going to renew it but then I realized with the discounted price they sent me ($10 per month for 6 months) and the discount that I get per month on insurance ($10.36) for the stolen vehicle tracking live assistance I ended up getting paid a small bit to keep it. Just had to set up a calendar reminder alarm in my phone to remember to cancel so I get the next discount offer for the next renewal.

spinxt

Reaction score
Mine works pretty much 100% of the time, but it does take about 30-60 seconds for the truck the respond. What I have learned is that the iPhone app needs to be restarted almost always before attempting to use it. I've gotten into the habit of swiping it away first, then bring it up again, send the desired command and it works.
My uconnect phone app works flawlessly and it takes less than 30-45 seconds to respond. I find it on par with the GM app we had for my wife’s Malibu. I’m not sure what you guys are talking about with lack of information. I find the Vehicle health report pretty comprehensive and I can see mileage, fuel level, Fuel level, tire pressures, etc

Attachments

• 6233771B-3A4B-47BB-B3B3-0AE40834C3AE.png
    6233771B-3A4B-47BB-B3B3-0AE40834C3AE.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 32

airman734

Reaction score
My uconnect phone app works flawlessly and it takes less than 30-45 seconds to respond. I find it on par with the GM app we had for my wife’s Malibu. I’m not sure what you guys are talking about with lack of information. I find the Vehicle health report pretty comprehensive and I can see mileage, fuel level, Fuel level, tire pressures, etc

I am pretty sure that is only the Android App that shows that. My iPhone App only has the remote buttons. I also get it to work about 50% of the time.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that is only the Android App that shows that. My iPhone App only has the remote buttons. I also get it to work about 50% of the time.
The 12“ screen Ram‘s don’t have the info but the 8.4 has it.

spinxt

Reaction score
You are wrong. That screenshot is from the Uconnect app running on an iPhone 8

Pressgrove

Reaction score
I don't have the Info selection on mine (iPhone 8, v_13.3), just Remote and Location. I have the 12" screen.

My understanding is that you only get vehicle information with the 8" screen.

1580937193170.png

airman734

Reaction score
You are wrong. That screenshot is from the Uconnect app running on an iPhone 8

Awwww - Thank you for this information. So it's because I have the 12" screen, not because of my phone type.

spinxt

Reaction score
Awwww - Thank you for this information. So it's because I have the 12" screen, not because of my phone type.
If that’s indeed the case, that’s unfortunate. Why would the better Uconnect system offer LESS feature.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Are you sure? I am fairly certain I have used my Apple Watch w/cellular to start the truck a few times when my phone was in another building (I use my watch for most things).

This Guardian app is garbage though. It shows nothing compared to other manufactures (even Hyundai has a better one - and it's free!)... the 12" screen trucks even show less on the Guardian app than the 8.4" which makes ZERO sense. Plus the slow response times make it frustrating to use. The other day I was able to walk from my office to my truck before it even started. If they don't improve it, it should be free.
When no one pays for the subscription, they'll figure it out...maybe...

Maconi

Reaction score
I’m not sure what you guys are talking about with lack of information.

The 12" screen doesn't have the "Info" tab available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200206-073343_Uconnect.jpg
    Screenshot_20200206-073343_Uconnect.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 24

Kidder

Reaction score
When no one pays for the subscription, they'll figure it out...maybe...
I sure as hell hope so. I hate Sirius XM Guardian. If you have an issue, the customer service is as bad as it gets.
I tried to subscribe after my trial was done. After paying for the subscription, I went back and forth with SXM to get the features to work again. They could never get it to work. So, I cancelled on day 3. They actually said it was a problem with my truck which is BS. It worked fine during the trial.
Dear FCA, GO BACK TO UCONNECT EXCLUSIVELY. @RamCares

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, the app is a huge disappointment. The free 'Ford Pass' app I had for my previous truck was sooo much better. More features and connected in less than a minute. Uconnect, in the same parking lot, or same driveway of my house, and even the same phone takes 2-3 minutes, if it works at all.. then they want to charge you $$$ for it after a year! What a joke! FCA needs to go back to the drawing board.

Users who are viewing this thread