5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic high beams and Automatic rain wipers.

Bozknight55

Reaction score
Just received truck back and auto high beams are working and the Uconnect remote app is now remotely starting truck. Below is what the dealer did. Hope this helps.
8dbe618c7152fe5a77755183e96ad2f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for this image. I printed it off and took it to service manager. He still basically took all day to investigate it. All but called me a liar and treated me like an idiot. But the invoice above was the guidance they needed.
Now both the auto high beams and the uconnect app start work.
I hope you can convince your service people to update your software because it is a simple fix when they finally give in and do what you ask of them.
Thanks again for this info.
Ram Cares...you need to ramp up your software training for service people and mechanics. Most of these issues are software related and beyond their educational training.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Thank you for this image. I printed it off and took it to service manager. He still basically took all day to investigate it. All but called me a liar and treated me like an idiot. But the invoice above was the guidance they needed.
Now both the auto high beams and the uconnect app start work.
I hope you can convince your service people to update your software because it is a simple fix when they finally give in and do what you ask of them.
Thanks again for this info.
Ram Cares...you need to ramp up your software training for service people and mechanics. Most of these issues are software related and beyond their educational training.
I will never understand the level of ignorance or ego it takes to behave like this. I've had similar issues in a Ford store, Kia and others. If they'd just realize we are trying to help them, it would make their life so much easier.
Thankfully, the tech at the dealer where I purchased was very receptive to my input and had the truck done in 20 minutes. I also suggested they check the others on the lot to save other buyers the same experience and risk getting a poor survey result from them.

Big Bert

Reaction score
Another 2020 with this issue....thanks for taking the time to post the fix...

hopefully the dealer will just do the procedure....9/29 build date

Rayzram

Reaction score
As far as the auto high beams concern like others, I keep mine off. All they do is flop back and forth with every sign on the roadways, even the tiny mile marker reflector signs. Also for me I do not like the distance to operate signals when in auto mode. To me compared to all my other rides, the signal is a bit of a reach to begin with and when in auto high beam it makes it even more of a reach. Another "feature" I could for sure live without to say the least. My 2019 Pacifica auto high beams are far superior in the manner in which they operate by comparison.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
As far as the auto high beams concern like others, I keep mine off. All they do is flop back and forth with every sign on the roadways, even the tiny mile marker reflector signs. Also for me I do not like the distance to operate signals when in auto mode. To me compared to all my other rides, the signal is a bit of a reach to begin with and when in auto high beam it makes it even more of a reach. Another "feature" I could for sure live without to say the least. My 2019 Pacifica auto high beams are far superior in the manner in which they operate by comparison.
I've only got a couple days driving with mine so far, but they seem to work well for me.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will never understand the level of ignorance or ego it takes to behave like this. I've had similar issues in a Ford store, Kia and others. If they'd just realize we are trying to help them, it would make their life so much easier.
Thankfully, the tech at the dealer where I purchased was very receptive to my input and had the truck done in 20 minutes. I also suggested they check the others on the lot to save other buyers the same experience and risk getting a poor survey result from them.

I very doubt they will check all the vehicles on the lot for this issue, because service department making money by you bring in the vehicles for services, they only required by law to do all the recall.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I very doubt they will check all the vehicles on the lot for this issue, because service department making money by you bring in the vehicles for services, they only required by law to do all the recall.
No, if they PDI a vehicle and it has an open TSB, etc. they get paid to perform the work.

skracus

Reaction score
Thanks! Mine goes in Monday for the fix. I'll be taking a copy of this with me.

Big Bert

Reaction score
Agree reconfiguration is the fix.

They need to use a scan tool and check auto high beam location. The module is pointing to the wrong location (factory misconfigured) so when they reconfigure everything is back correctly and they work.

how many trucks are like this and don’t notice? Sloppy Quality control in the factory.....

thanks for the help to all....

MrRoo

Reaction score
2020 RAM Limited Level 1 - Same issue with auto high beams not activating.

Thanks for the info, I will make an appointment with the dealer.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2020 RAM Limited Level 1 - Same issue with auto high beams not activating.

Thanks for the info, I will make an appointment with the dealer.

Hi MrRoo,

If you are in need of any additional assistance while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a private message. We are more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Gwok

Reaction score
Problem fixed. 2020 limited with an early October build. They could not find any issues but I suggested to reset the BCM as seen in earlier posts. I sat in the truck with the tech while he connected the laptop. He found no fault but reset the BCM and then we let the vehicle sleep for a few minutes. Restarted truck and then he made sure everything looked right on the laptop. Auto high beams now work and you get the confirmation message in the instrument cluster when pushing blinker stalk forward as long as it is dark out or you cover the sensor on top of the dash.

shanora

Reaction score
My 2019 is going in on Tuesday for an oil change and to have the BCM flashed. Hopefully this fixes my issues with the auto high beams not working at all. They won't even activate anymore. I'll be showing them this thread and the video I took (well my son took).

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2019 is going in on Tuesday for an oil change and to have the BCM flashed. Hopefully this fixes my issues with the auto high beams not working at all. They won't even activate anymore. I'll be showing them this thread and the video I took (well my son took).

Please be sure to keep us updated on your dealer's findings, shanora. If you are in need of any extra support while working with your dealer, we are just a private message away and happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

shanora

Reaction score
Thank you! We'll find out tomorrow!

shanora

Reaction score
Thank you! We'll find out tomorrow!

So they activated the auto high beam option within my BCM... Which apparently that wasn't indicated as an option...but it worked when we got the truck in August, so I have no idea why it turned that off. So now we are back to the exact same issue of them activating but won't turn off when there are on coming vehicles.... *Sigh*

8e2ce1dab561cf4b55069fbb3ef4e7a4.jpg

jfcody3962

Reaction score
they did not "reconfigure" the BCM correctly. I had this issue on my 2020 limited. The service writer argued with me for 10 minutes that there was not such procedure. I showed him this thread and he FINALLY asked one of his top techs. The tech said, "oh yea, I know what to do"....5 mins later it was fixed. If the auto high beams are working correctly- when you push the turn signal stalk forward you will get a message on the DIC saying "auto high beams enabled". If you don't ever see this message, your auot high beams are not working correctly. Good luck. Be tough on these service writers. They just want you gone...don't give a sh&T if your problem is fixed or not.

shanora

Reaction score
Mine does say high beams enabled.... But they do not automatically turn off when there are lights headed in my direction.... So I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread