5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Start/Stop error

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
the eTorque Stop/Start works so quickly there is no reason to shut it off,...why buy an eTorque equipped truck if you are going to disable these features, it's pretty silly
Have you considered some of us have an etorque because that's all that was available? I looked for weeks for a non etorque Limited with exactly what I wanted. I ended up finally finding the truck I have now. It does have everything I wanted, including color, but unfortunately it also has etorque. You like stop/start, then by all means keep it active. I don't particularly like it so I disable it. My truck, my choice. Maybe I'm just silly though. 🤷‍♂️

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
you are probably correct that a previous owner turned it off

If you are under warranty, have the dealer look at it...they probably had no idea someone had disabled it, so they can restore it easily

the eTorque Stop/Start works so quickly there is no reason to shut it off,...why buy an eTorque equipped truck if you are going to disable these features, it's pretty silly
Unless it causes my truck to stop functioning altogether, there is absolutely zero chance I'll be having it restored back to factory. My point wasn't that the eTorque isn't functioning as intended, it's that it picked a cold weather day to function improperly according to the current state of being disabled... THAT is the issue I was making observation of. Honestly, I didn't buy the truck because of it being an eTorque engine with the Auto Stop/Start functionality... personally, I'm not a fan of that "feature." I bought the truck because I like Rams, and wanted a new truck... the fact that the AS/S function is disabled is actually a bonus, IMHO, and I'm grateful it was already done [so I don't have to hassle with it]. If that makes me 'silly,' then so be it... guilty as charged. One of the perks of being an American is the ability to make such choices.

Also of note, I bought the truck in the DFW area, almost 4 hours away because the local stealership sucks. Another 'silly' choice, I'm sure... but then again, some would consider swapping out a perfectly good factory muffler for a Flowmaster to be a questionable decision as well (I prefer Magnaflow, personally :eek: ).

Last edited:

rubrduk

Reaction score
They have now replaced the BCM (Body Control Module) and a wire harness that runs from the headlights rea to behind the dash (no part number given)

The problem still persists

PeteL

Reaction score
Wanted to post an update on my Ram Longhorn. My auto stop error problem appears to be fixed. I replaced the secondary hood switch $19 , not the one built into the hood latch, it was the one on the passenger side if your truck has factory remote start. The dealer had it in stock, so that says alot.. its been over a month now with no issues. Thank you to bluemoose for posting the tsb.

javipty

Reaction score
Wanted to post an update on my Ram Longhorn. My auto stop error problem appears to be fixed. I replaced the secondary hood switch $19 , not the one built into the hood latch, it was the one on the passenger side if your truck has factory remote start. The dealer had it in stock, so that says alot.. its been over a month now with no issues. Thank you to bluemoose for posting the tsb.
Do you have the part number of the secundary hood switch?

PeteL

Reaction score
For my 2020 longhorn part# 5026211AA . They must of had a large batch that where defective and installed in vehicles

Attachments

• 5026211AA.jpg
    5026211AA.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 20

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Add me to the list!
This morning I went to back out of my driveway and I got the dreaded service start stop system and rough engine idling as I was backing out.
Mine is a 2021 Limited with 19K miles on it. Needless to say I am a little miffed, if my truck doesn't run I don't make money. Will be calling the dealer tomorrow morning but expecting them to say there is no room at the inn for you.
My last 3 trucks were Silverado's without any problems except when I mess with one and the dealer covered my tail. I am truly running a little scared at this point.
Depending on what they find and how long it takes I may be back to the lesser truck brand. I love this RAM.
Tom

66Fuelie

Reaction score
First dealer I called today could not get me in until Dec 2... I called a different dealer and they can get me in Friday morning.
Crossing my fingers, I hooked up my code reader and it says cylinder 5 misfire.
Tom

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First dealer I called today could not get me in until Dec 2... I called a different dealer and they can get me in Friday morning.
Crossing my fingers, I hooked up my code reader and it says cylinder 5 misfire.
Tom
Is there a noticeable tick? (outside of the regular HEMI tick...)

66Fuelie

Reaction score
No noticeable tick, It seems to idle smooth but when I put it into gear look out.
Tom

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just ordered one without etorque. The start stop has worked flawlessly. I push the button ot starts. I push it again it stops. Flawless.

rubrduk

Reaction score

66Fuelie

Reaction score
So my truck sat in my driveway for three days because it sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders. I pulled into my garage to look everything over and could find no loose connections or problems. It actually had a ton of codes, several on the radio, one said vin mismatch, several in BCM module etc.
I decided when all else fails pray over it! Got in it started right up, sounded normal but check engine light was still on. While driving to the dealer the check engine light went off. Dealer showed me there were no codes at all. I trust the dealer, he has taken care of me for a long time, not to mention I saw that there were no codes.
He smiled and said it is like it healed itself :)
Wether you believe in prayer or not, I choose to believe and there is no denying the results.
Tom

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine just threw this light at 5k. Shut the truck off and re started and hasn’t been on the rest of the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubrduk

Reaction score
Mine just threw this light at 5k. Shut the truck off and re started and hasn’t been on the rest of the drive.

Mine started that way around 6k miles,…then progressively was on more often

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mine just popped on as I needed to move truck in driveway. Once I moved. I powered cycle the truck and it didn’t come back on.

Did yours ever come back on?

rubrduk

Reaction score
Mine just popped on as I needed to move truck in driveway. Once I moved. I powered cycle the truck and it didn’t come back on.

Did yours ever come back on?

mine turns on/off

if it turns on while you are in a start/stop cycle, the engine will not restart and then it takes a few minutes to power cycle, pop hood (it asked to check hood), and then restart all while I was in the middle of Burbank traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread