5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto-dimming Passenger Side Mirror

laoxu

Reaction score
Ok, so I pulled the panel off the driver’s side door and found that there is an extra connector plugged in to the door module in slot “D”. It has a purple connector plug and two purple wires coming out. This is different from the passenger side door module, where there is no such purple plug or wires. So, I’m thinking this might be what is missing to make the auto dimming work. Either that, or the purple wire is for the memory buttons on the door. I’m going to ask the dealer if they can find the door wiring that fits the Limited model and see if it has this purple plug on it on the passenger side. Here are the pictures of the two modules. It’s a little messy, but you’ll see the plug in slot “D” on the drivers side Is different. The passenger side door module is identified by the big “R” on it.
Hi. I found the below video for changing a driver side mirror on a 5th gen 1500. In the video you can see there is a Purple connector plug on socket D but the cable is not going to the mirror. So I guess the Purple connector is not the reason why your auto dimmer is not working.
As I mentioned in the last reply, maybe you should try to program the computer first. Please let me know if that works. I'm planning to change mine after winter. (I'm in Manitoba, it's too cold now for any DIY stuff). Thank you.
2020-12-28_16-05-09.png

Attachments

• 2020-12-28_16-05-09.png
    2020-12-28_16-05-09.png
    837 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread