5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto dimming mirrors

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Maybe. But why pay the dealer when you can get the AlfaOBD software, the OBD2 dongle, and the security bypass for the same or less than the dealer would charge you anyway? Then you have those tools to use in the future.
Having read about others with warranty issues regarding one of those devices I dont want to risk losing my warranty

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Having read about others with warranty issues regarding one of those devices I dont want to risk losing my warranty
What did you read? I don't think they can revoke your warranty because you're programming your truck... they need to prove that you caused an issue by programming and doing something you shouldn't do..

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's because people leave them in when going to the dealer. I've been to the dealer several times with no issues. I didn't have any issues when I added ACC, FCW, LKA, etc. But I do understand that. I've got a really good dealer.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
It's because people leave them in when going to the dealer. I've been to the dealer several times with no issues. I didn't have any issues when I added ACC, FCW, LKA, etc. But I do understand that. I've got a really good dealer.
When adding ACC and Lane Assist, Did you have to add any steering assist or the truck comes with it?

vincentw56

Reaction score
When adding ACC and Lane Assist, Did you have to add any steering assist or the truck comes with it?
It's already there. As a matter of fact I added the auto park assist and it automatically steers the truck when you're parking

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You’re not going to have any warranty issues configuring the BCM on your own. Not sure what you’re reading about issues concerning using AlfaOBD or Jscan. Obviously, if something were to go wrong with the new auto dim glass, it wouldn’t be covered under warranty.

vincentw56

Reaction score
The wiring isn’t there because the glass that has the auto dim wires isn’t present, and they go directly from the glass to the door module.
All you would need to do is swap out the passenger side glass for the auto dim glass, add the two wires, and set Doors: Electro-Chromatic Passenger Mirror Present to Yes
Hmm, now I just need to figure out the part number and what I connecters and pin outs. Might be an easy upgrade.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm, now I just need to figure out the part number and what I connecters and pin outs. Might be an easy upgrade.
The connector for the mirror glass is Molex 03-06-1023. The terminals for that connector are molex 02061101. The terminals for pins 5&7 on the door module C2 connector (white) are TE Connectivity 5-963715-1

Matt_T

Reaction score
My new 21 BTS has an auto dimming rearview mirror and auto dimming left side view mirror but the right side does not dim. Is that normal. I'm thinking maybe because it is on the right side and "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" may have something to do with why it does not dim perhaps. Maybe? Does anyone else notice this?
I have a bighorn and do not have dimming passenger side.

Side note anyone know what Fuze runs them. Mine stopped working.

Users who are viewing this thread