5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Posted this in the order tracking thread, but I finally got a build sheet. Almost exactly two months from the order date. That's roughly what most people are experiencing (in the U.S.,) but it sure felt like I was moving slower than everyone else.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Posted this in the order tracking thread, but I finally got a build sheet. Almost exactly two months from the order date. That's roughly what most people are experiencing (in the U.S.,) but it sure felt like I was moving slower than everyone else.
That's because you WERE moving slower than everyone else. You're the red dot in this graph. Others who ordered around your date were generally 10-20 days faster on receiving a build sheet.

EDIT: the caption is wrong. That should say "Days from Order to Build Sheet (by Order Date)"

1624912478518.png

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's because you WERE moving slower than everyone else. You're the red dot in this graph. Others who ordered around your date were generally 10-20 days faster on receiving a build sheet.

EDIT: the caption is wrong. That should say "Days from Order to Build Sheet (by Order Date)"

View attachment 98204
I guess I was mostly comparing to the other Limiteds on my spreadsheet, but yeah, I'm still outside the norm. I'll just look at it as "Above Average." 😄

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So this morning…yesterday morning…Monday morning, lol; Aaron said my truck should arrive at the port within 72 hours. Then he’d have a better idea for delivery.

onit43

Reaction score
Wait until you are like the rest of us waiting for a 3 week window for delivery.
That is what I was told 3 weeks ago. Here I am still waiting. I will fly from Central California to Spokane, WA to pick up my truck in Kellogg, ID (Dave Smith Motors). It's almost unbearable. # months and counting since ordering it.

traveller09

Reaction score
So we took delivery of our truck on Saturday, I wish I could say it was a smooth transaction. This is one of Phillips deals. I got a text on Friday AM that the truck was in so I sent (I am going to exclude names) all the details on my possible trade and the rebates in play. I was told only $1500 in rebates was stackable. I asked which ones and it was a $500 true car and $1000 from the April rebates I locked in, no others were stackable. So I said I want the $500 and 0% 72 months from April instead of the $1000, and then maybe some other rebates I can stack. They checked and there was no PO in the system for 0%. I was told when I did the deal in April that April was locked in and I could chose when the truck arrived which route I wanted to go (0%@72 month or $1,000). Apparently Phillip did not do a PO with RAM to lock in the 0% and without that it was impossible for me to get it (I don’t question their honesty with this). We were told we were not the only ones this has happened to. So of course depending how much you finance and at what rate compared to a 0% loan you could be talking about a loss of $1500-$3000 depending how you slice and dice it. I of course said what are you going to do about it, lower the price, fatten the trade, etc… They told me nothing this wasn’t them it was Phillip. I of course said I didn’t do a deal with Phillip I did a deal with your dealership, hell his picture is still on your website. That fell on deaf ears.

The trade. When they test drove it something on the rig stopped working/possibly broke. They then offered me a lower number that I was expecting and the battle ensued. I will confess we got a little emotional, we loved that rig and we were not sure about trading it in the first place. In the end they came up some and we agreed to trade it. (In hindsight, we probably shouldn’t have traded the vehicle, we should have taken it home and fixed it then sold it ourselves or kept it. This would have taken some of the emotion out of it and we would have felt better about the overall deal)

They did honor the price we originally negotiated and they did give us a choice between April Incentives (just not 0% 72 @72months) or June incentives. Due to all the drama, we really didn’t get that much time to inspect the vehicle or get some instructions oh all the features. I will have to pour through the owners manual.

There was a point we almost walked on the whole deal. They also confirmed what someone else on here said, which is it doesn’t benefit them to have the deal fall apart on a custom order. Supposedly if the person who ordered the vehicle is not the owner within 60 days of arrival at the dealership the dealership can be put on a 90 suspension from ordering custom vehicles, and they said they already had one undelivered custom truck in their lot.

I think what upset us the most is they never took ownership of the situation, we felt like “oh we have another one of our Phillip deals we have to deal with”. "This was Phillip not us." Not one time did they even apologize for the situation, not once. They kept talking about they were losing $5K on the deal with our pricing, and they didn’t want to go a penny higher because of it. They said with all the Phillip deals they had lost at least a few hundred thousand dollars. Not completely sure I buy that since Aaron is giving similar deals. If they were loosing money I am sure they at least broke even or more with our trade. The other things was how they stack the rebates, we didn’t get to use hardly any ( I understand they all cant be stacked and there are certainly limitations). If we went with April we could do the $1000 April incentive and $500 True car, if we chose June incentives then the only thing we could stack was the $1000 Pen Fed. I couldn’t use the RAM $1000 email that I was hoping to use, at all. That whole process made no sense.

In the end, we took delivery of the truck and traded our car. We keep telling ourselves we are at peace with this because it is over and we did get a good discount off of MSRP, but I think I have woken up every morning since still thinking about the whole situation. ha..ha.. I generally avoid buying new cars because I hate immediate depreciation and have always hated dealing with dealerships. This experince didn’t help that, and it dampened our excitement of getting a new truck. I am not accusing anyone at the dealership of being dishonest with us at all, but they do have a lot to learn about improving the customer experience.

I would just caution, if you ordered your truck through Phillip and you think you got 0% @ 72 Months I would verify they placed a PO with RAM at the time you made the deal. If there is no PO you are not getting 0% @ 72 Months (there is a June 0% @ 48 moths incentive).

The truck is beautiful, color is just ok but we do love the truck. Now to find a Tonneau cover, sliders and a safe!

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

roca916

Reaction score
So we took delivery of our truck on Saturday, I wish I could say it was a smooth transaction. This is one of Phillips deals. I got a text on Friday AM that the truck was in so I sent (I am going to exclude names) all the details on my possible trade and the rebates in play. I was told only $1500 in rebates was stackable. I asked which ones and it was a $500 true car and $1000 from the April rebates I locked in, no others were stackable. So I said I want the $500 and 0% 72 months from April instead of the $1000, and then maybe some other rebates I can stack. They checked and there was no PO in the system for 0%. I was told when I did the deal in April that April was locked in and I could chose when the truck arrived which route I wanted to go (0%@72 month or $1,000). Apparently Phillip did not do a PO with RAM to lock in the 0% and without that it was impossible for me to get it (I don’t question their honesty with this). We were told we were not the only ones this has happened to. So of course depending how much you finance and at what rate compared to a 0% loan you could be talking about a loss of $1500-$3000 depending how you slice and dice it. I of course said what are you going to do about it, lower the price, fatten the trade, etc… They told me nothing this wasn’t them it was Phillip. I of course said I didn’t do a deal with Phillip I did a deal with your dealership, hell his picture is still on your website. That fell on deaf ears.

The trade. When they test drove it something on the rig stopped working/possibly broke. They then offered me a lower number that I was expecting and the battle ensued. I will confess we go a little emotional, we loved that rig and we were not sure about trading it in the first place. In the end they came up some and we agreed to trade it. (In hindsight, we probably shouldn’t have traded the vehicle, we should have taken it home and fixed it then sold it ourselves or kept it. This would have taken some of the emotion out of it and we would have felt better about the overall deal)

They did honor the price we originally negotiated and they did give us a choice between April Incentives (just not 0% 72 @72months) or June incentives. Due to all the drama, we really didn’t get that much time to inspect the vehicle or get some instructions oh all the features. I will have to pour through the owners manual.

There was a point we almost walked on the whole deal. They also confirmed what someone else on here said, which is it doesn’t benefit them to have the deal fall apart on a custom order. Supposedly if the person who ordered the vehicle is not the owner within 60 days of arrival at the dealership the dealership can be put on a 90 suspension from ordering custom vehicles, and they said they already had one undelivered custom truck in their lot.

I think what upset us the most is they never took ownership of the situation, we felt like “oh we have another one of our Phillip deals we have to deal with”. "This was Phillip not us." Not one time did they even apologize for the situation, not once. They kept talking about they were losing $5K on the deal with our pricing, and they didn’t want to go a penny higher because of it. They said with all the Phillip deals they had lost at least a few hundred thousand dollars. Not completely sure I buy that since Aaron is giving similar deals. If they were loosing money I am sure they at least broke even or more with our trade. The other things was how they stack the rebates, we didn’t get to use hardly any ( I understand they all cant be stacked and there are certainly limitations). If we went with April we could do the $1000 April incentive and $500 True car, if we chose June incentives then the only thing we could stack was the $1000 Pen Fed. I couldn’t use the RAM $1000 email that I was hoping to use, at all. That whole process made no sense.

In the end, we took delivery of the truck and traded our car. We keep telling ourselves we are at peace with this because it is over and we did get a good discount off of MSRP, but I think I have woken up every morning since still thinking about the whole situation. ha..ha.. I generally avoid buying new cars because I hate immediate depreciation and have always hated dealing with dealerships. This experince didn’t help that, and it dampened our excitement of getting a new truck. I am not accusing anyone at the dealership of being dishonest with us at all, but they do have a lot to learn about improving the customer experience.

I would just caution, if you ordered your truck through Phillip and you think you got 0% @ 72 Months I would verify they placed a PO with RAM at the time you made the deal. If there is no PO you are not getting 0% @ 72 Months (there is a June 0% @ 48 moths incentive).

The truck is beautiful, color is just ok but we do love the truck. Now to find a Tonneau cover, sliders and a safe!
Yikes....I'm so sorry you had to go through that. The whole experience sounds like the nightmare we all hope to avoid when buying a new vehicle.

If I read correctly, for the April Incentives you had the option of either $1000 or $500 w/ 0% APR. You then selected the $1000 rebate at the time of ordering, correct?

My options for the Big Horn was either $4250 or $3,000 w/ 0% APR. I selected the $3K w/ 0% since I plan to finance most of the vehicle. My buyer's order (not certain if same as PO) shows the $3K, but there is no field for 0% APR. Salesman "verified" via text last week that I was locked at 0% APR. I only pray that nothing changes between now and Monday, especially since I'll be flying out from Cali for pick-up.

traveller09

Reaction score
Yikes....I'm so sorry you had to go through that. The whole experience sounds like the nightmare we all hope to avoid when buying a new vehicle.

If I read correctly, for the April Incentives you had the option of either $1000 or $500 w/ 0% APR. You then selected the $1000 rebate at the time of ordering, correct?

My options for the Big Horn was either $4250 or $3,000 w/ 0% APR. I selected the $3K w/ 0% since I plan to finance most of the vehicle. My buyer's order (not certain if same as PO) shows the $3K, but there is no field for 0% APR. Salesman "verified" via text last week that I was locked at 0% APR. I only pray that nothing changes between now and Monday, especially since I'll be flying out from Cali for pick-up.
Thanks. Almost, the April incentives you have listed is correct. I asked Phillip if I need to choose now or when the truck arrives. He told me I didnt need to decide now (April), so I said great I will decide when the truck arrives if I want 0% @ 72 months or $1,000, or maybe I will take the June incentives. Phillip locked in the $1000 and did not place a PO for the 0%, like he should have.

I hope yours goes better.

vegasandre

Reaction score

The trade. When they test drove it something on the rig stopped working/possibly broke. They then offered me a lower number that I was expecting and the battle ensued. I will confess we go a little emotional, we loved that rig and we were not sure about trading it in the first place. In the end they came up some and we agreed to trade it. (In hindsight, we probably shouldn’t have traded the vehicle, we should have taken it home and fixed it then sold it ourselves or kept it. This would have taken some of the emotion out of it and we would have felt better about the overall deal)

Man.. this is exactly what I feared and am expecting(even on the day I ordered).. sorry this happened (I love that color Btw..)
I did the same exact thing . called/texted and emailed Phillip/ Aydin 10x about the 0 for 72 % as it was a prerequisite for me buying there and now I am expecting a battle of the bulge on this one when truck shows up in a couple weeks.
gave them the 1k deposit and got the sold order but nothing was ever written about the 0 for 72 and I even asked them at least 5x before 05/17 when the 0 for 72 expired...
thought seattle was closer than Lake charles to me (san diego) so i went that route.. in actuality it may be a few thousand (miles and dollars) farther

traveller09

Reaction score
Man.. this is exactly what I feared and am expecting(even on the day I ordered).. sorry this happened (I love that color Btw..)
I did the same exact thing . called/texted and emailed Phillip/ Aydin 10x about the 0 for 72 % as it was a prerequisite for me buying there and now I am expecting a battle of the bulge on this one when truck shows up in a couple weeks.
gave them the 1k deposit and got the sold order but nothing was ever written about the 0 for 72 and I even asked them at least 5x before 05/17 when the 0 for 72 expired...
thought seattle was closer than Lake charles to me (san diego) so i went that route.. in actuality it may be a few thousand (miles and dollars) farther
Just ask them if they have a copy of a PO they placed with RAM. They might have done it correctly for yours and you might be fine. I had no clue a PO from them to RAM was required (and why would we, it is their internal process),

Hemidakota

Reaction score

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I have yet to get confirmation on my 0% yet. I didn't know it had to be done in the computer at time of order. I'm also afraid that they are not going to honor the FFP pricing. This dealership has started marking their vehicles up 4k over MSRP and have started pricing their used vehicles at way above what they are worth. Would you give $32,500 for a 2016 Rebel with 134,000 miles?

I also didn't know if I wanted to trade my truck in but I think I will. If they low-ball me on my trade then I will just bring it back home and sell it myself.

I have run just about every scenario through my head that could go wrong with this deal. I'm prepared to just walk away and order from Mark Dodge if I start to get the runaround.

We're probably like a lot of people here, we've never ordered a vehicle before and it's definitely a learning curve from buying one of the lot.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I have yet to get confirmation on my 0% yet. I didn't know it had to be done in the computer at time of order. I'm also afraid that they are not going to honor the FFP pricing. This dealership has started marking their vehicles up 4k over MSRP and have started pricing their used vehicles at way above what they are worth. Would you give $32,500 for a 2016 Rebel with 134,000 miles?

I also didn't know if I wanted to trade my truck in but I think I will. If they low-ball me on my trade then I will just bring it back home and sell it myself.

I have run just about every scenario through my head that could go wrong with this deal. I'm prepared to just walk away and order from Mark Dodge if I start to get the runaround.

We're probably like a lot of people here, we've never ordered a vehicle before and it's definitely a learning curve from buying one of the lot.
I hope it works out for you. I don’t think I can order again and go through that wait just so we can be timeline buddies again 😂

vegasandre

Reaction score

same here..
I have never ordered a vehicle before. How were we supposed to know (besides having verbal/text and email correspondance) that the 0 for 72 was supposed to be on the PO ?
no one knew that.
selling new cars and trucks is not our business. we are relying on them to do the right thing and honor an order.
My fear is that they are hoping many cancel due to being able to sell the trucks for more$$$
please keep everyone posted
thank you

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I hope it works out for you. I don’t think I can order again and go through that wait just so we can be timeline buddies again 😂
True but I'm not going to pay 4k over sticker just to get the truck I ordered. It's a lot of money as it is and I probably could get a better deal with Aaron

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
True but I'm not going to pay 4k over sticker just to get the truck I ordered. It's a lot of money as it is and I probably could get a better deal with Aaron
Yeah don’t pay over. Definitely always going with Aaron for any future CJDR purchase. No question!

jefferyrw

Reaction score
I ordered on April 28 and still waiting for build sheet. When I ordered, the dealer told me it would be July or August before I would see the truck. At this point I thinking early August. Bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread