5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

Desert Snow

Reaction score
I only ordered at the very end of April and am wondering how you all stand the wait. I've checked three times now to see if my truck has moved to being scheduled, but I'm guessing I have quite a while to go. Patience is apparently not a virtue I possess.
I ordered 8 weeks ago and have 2-3 weeks left. In retrospect, I probably should have checked the first time at week 7 or 8. Would have saved a lot of angst, and in the end not have made any difference at all in how long it took.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Are you getting your info from your dealer?
Dealer just gives me the "due to covid, things are taking longer than usual" spill. I would say they are useless but they are the first dealer to ACTUALLY order me a truck instead of blowing me off because I didn't want Etorque or buy something from their lot.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I would have never thought it would take this long. I thought there would be progress throughout this whole process. Not a 42 day wait for parts. Then 19 days and counting for a build date.

This is supposed to be an exciting time and process for us.

Desert Snow

Reaction score
I put this on the main Order Tracking thread but posting here too. My baby is on a train ride, currently in Wyoming, en route to the Seattle area. With any luck I’ll be able to fly up and take delivery next week. That will make it 10 weeks.

At the beginning of my wait Limiteds seemed to take longer, then sped up. But I gave up weeks ago trying to spot a pattern to build dates.

Jmgadget

Reaction score
Definitely looks as though limited build times are increasing
From what I heard from my contact who does inventory control for a large dealership network, limiteds are very slow on the production line because they still get the features that the others will skip, like BSM and airdam, so it’s dependent on part availability.

Good luck! I ordered my Laramie on 4/3 and took delivery 5/29-5/30, but without airdam ans BSM/cross path.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
From what I heard from my contact who does inventory control for a large dealership network, limiteds are very slow on the production line because they still get the features that the others will skip, like BSM and airdam, so it’s dependent on part availability.

Good luck! I ordered my Laramie on 4/3 and took delivery 5/29-5/30, but without airdam ans BSM/cross path.
Supposedly our parts are gathered and ready for build but I'm on day 19 with no build date yet. I'm not even tech heavy with my Limited. I didn't order level 1 or 2 tech group. I basically ordered a Limited because I have always loved the embroidered seats.

Users who are viewing this thread