5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple CarPlay

NDRam

Reaction score
NDRam i was told by Apple tech support that Apple CarPlay is NOT compatible with the iPad

I know that. It was just a trial and error thing to see if the media hub would even recognize that anything was connected to it, which it did not. Thanks!

NDRam

Reaction score
Fix was temporary. Worked for a couple of days and now not working this morning. I will just wait for the new media hub to be installed.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Keep us posted if this does the trick. I’ve heard peoplenreplacing the media hub and still having issues. Mine is glitchy. Sometimes works flawlessly for weeks and then all of a sudden won’t connect and then after driving for like 20 minutes, it connects. That’s why I think it’s more of a software issue with uconnect or some type of handshake between iOS and uconnect. If it were hardware related i think it would be a bit more consistent imo.

Rick8325

Reaction score
Keep us posted if this does the trick. I’ve heard peoplenreplacing the media hub and still having issues. Mine is glitchy. Sometimes works flawlessly for weeks and then all of a sudden won’t connect and then after driving for like 20 minutes, it connects. That’s why I think it’s more of a software issue with uconnect or some type of handshake between iOS and uconnect. If it were hardware related i think it would be a bit more consistent imo.
I think it's something with the media hub connections. They are loose or the plastic doesn't click in the harness tightly which is why it's intermittent for most people. I believe the media hub part number has already been replaced with 2 other part numbers. If it were software I think a ton more people if not most would have the issue seeing we are all running the same software. But then again what do I know?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hear ya. I don’t know for sure obviously. It’s annoying for sure. Today for example, I got in and out of the car three different times and each time when I plugged my phone in carplay didn’t get right away but did connect after about 7-8 minutes and it was almost exactly the same amount of delay each time. Coincidence? Hardware? Software? Who the heck knows.

DaHammer

Reaction score
Has anyone try rebooting phone before attempting connection?

mtngto

Reaction score
Like others, my Carplay function stopped working. It worked fine from day 1 but stopped connecting to the iPhone last week. The solution was that the "Projection Manager" setting needed to be turned ON. No idea why it randomly turned OFF. I wasn't even aware that this setting existed. You can find it in the Bluetooth area of Settings. If your Carplay stops working, check this setting first. Flipping to ON (enabled) worked.

Parker63385

Reaction score
Attempted a USB-c. No dice. The phone will charge, but as you can see, the UConnect system is not recognizing that there is a USB device connected.
I just had same issue start today. I’m in a 2018 Chrysler 300, CarPlay worked fine earlier today and ever since I first bought the car. But today it just will not connect to my I phone. Checked settings and they seem correct. One thing I did notice was I am not getting the Chrysler logo on my screen when I start the car. I know I used to get it, not now, it goes straight to the SiriusXM/radio screen. Before I would get the Chrysler logo then it would display an accept uconnect button. Phone charges, but even in the media mode it doesn’t see my I phone.
Planning on calling the dealer Monday, but if anyone has ideas, I’m open to all. I’ve tried wife’s phone and multiple USB cords with same result. Up to date on apple software too. Very frustrating.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I just had same issue start today. I’m in a 2018 Chrysler 300, CarPlay worked fine earlier today and ever since I first bought the car. But today it just will not connect to my I phone. Checked settings and they seem correct. One thing I did notice was I am not getting the Chrysler logo on my screen when I start the car. I know I used to get it, not now, it goes straight to the SiriusXM/radio screen. Before I would get the Chrysler logo then it would display an accept uconnect button. Phone charges, but even in the media mode it doesn’t see my I phone.
Planning on calling the dealer Monday, but if anyone has ideas, I’m open to all. I’ve tried wife’s phone and multiple USB cords with same result. Up to date on apple software too. Very frustrating.
It’s the USB module. They had to order the part for me when I was there for service, and mine will arrive on Tuesday as these are on backorder.

I will report back once the new one is installed.

Cheers,

CavMan

Reaction score
It’s the USB module. They had to order the part for me when I was there for service, and mine will arrive on Tuesday as these are on backorder.

I will report back once the new one is installed.

Cheers,

Any update on whether this fixed the problem of the front USB hubs not working?

thanks

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Any update on whether this fixed the problem of the front USB hubs not working?

thanks
Never went back to the dealer. I could not get anyone to call me back with status on parts or even a courtesy email.

GhostDrummer

Reaction score
This happens to me in my 2019 rebel. It usually happens sometimes after I’ve driven for a little bit and stop the truck; but there are times I’ve only driven a few minutes and it will happen. I always use my sunshades whenever I stop. For some reason that seems to helps, but there are times it doesn’t matter, like today.

I drove about 4 hours, stopped to get gas and stuff. Truck was off for about 10 minutes, with the sunshades in the windshield. When I started it up...no CarPlay. I’m having to use Bluetooth and it sucks. The last 3 1/2 hours of my trip today has been running off of Bluetooth; and for some weird reason the volume is stuck at a set level. I cannot adjust it, and it’s only coming out of the right front door speaker. I’ve turn the truck off, I’ve reset the entire stereo system, I reset my phone, I have reset the connection for CarPlay...nothing is working.
I honestly think something inside the dash overheats; because when it happens, if I leave the truck alone for a couple of hours and then come back out and try, it works just fine.

It’s extremely frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread