5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Car Play Problem

seansmd

Reaction score
Your are right on the money. After all my testing I thought my wife’s 11 was working and my 11 pro max wasn’t. Put y phone on silent and problem went away. Had wife check her phone and yup sure enough it had been on silent the whole time. Been an Apple fan for some time. Maybe my kids have been right all along with their androids.
Android is the same it is the notifications or audio for example parked with music playing and i scroll the socials with audio on what you describe happens. Or if i get an email or text, turn to silent no disruption. I have since set a routine to auto atically go to silent when AA starts.

Bones136

Reaction score
Android is the same it is the notifications or audio for example parked with music playing and i scroll the socials with audio on what you describe happens. Or if i get an email or text, turn to silent no disruption. I have since set a routine to auto atically go to silent when AA starts.
Ram sent me a survey regarding my recent purchase. I didn’t condem the dealer but I let them know of my complete disappointment with the product they’re selling with an obviously known problem. I told them they can’t afford to have the stigma attached to their brand name as once it starts it takes years for customers to forget even if they eventuality fix the problem. Much like when they had bad transmissions in their trucks. It’s been years but people still bring it up when they hear Ram/Dodge brand name.

seansmd

Reaction score
Ram sent me a survey regarding my recent purchase. I didn’t condem the dealer but I let them know of my complete disappointment with the product they’re selling with an obviously known problem. I told them they can’t afford to have the stigma attached to their brand name as once it starts it takes years for customers to forget even if they eventuality fix the problem. Much like when they had bad transmissions in their trucks. It’s been years but people still bring it up when they hear Ram/Dodge brand name.
Understand your point but don't think it is a bug, it is how AA and CP operate to share notification and system sounds without cutting out your audio completely.

fasemukumal

Reaction score
2024 Ram Limited 1500 having problem with Apple Car Play. The unusual symptoms are that when an Apple IPhone is on in the truck the speakers in the drivers door will intermittently stop working. No rhyme or reason how long it will not play sound. Bumps in the road don’t cause or fix problem. This occurs across all music sources such as Sirius or Am-Fm not just from the IPhone. Power off the phone and the problem goes away. Power up the phone and open it like you were going to dial a number and the drivers door speakers stop working. Pretty disappointed to have this problem the second day of ownership. Dealership has opened up a case with Ram regarding this issue, but no answer as of yet. Anyone else have this problem? Dealership believes it’s a software issue and putting it on Ram to solve it. Any suggestions feel free to post your thoughts or fixes.
Oh, I had a similar problem. I was wondering if you solved it? The intermittent loss of sound from the driver's door speakers when the iPhone is connected is definitely a concern. Since the dealership has already stepped in and opened a case with Ram, it's likely that they are actively working to find a solution.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Start disabling notifications in settings. Make note of which ones you disabled.
I know when I get a text/call, regardless if I answer it or not, it’ll drop a speaker. When I use Siri to change radio or to look for somewhere, it’ll drop volume/speaker.

i’m wondering if it’s a notification from an app dropping the speaker…and/or the possibility of an app waiting for an audio reply/command?

In other words… kinda along the lines as to what @seansmd is saying.

PetePA

Reaction score
Clearly the most reasonable solution is for iPhone users to upgrade to Android.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @Bones136, @Bsjoiner, @JDK6653, @fasemukumal and others!

We understand how frustrating the above can be. Our team would like to look into this! Please individually send our team your VIN for us to review via private message so we can determine next steps. Thank you and we hope to connect with each of you.

Hannah
Ram Cares

rcrayj

Reaction score
I’m glad to see I am not the only one having this issue. I have been trying to find a fix for this for many months.
If I switch the phone to ring using the slide on the left side of the phone, the music stops on the left side of my truck. If I place it back on silent, the music resumes.

ajp

Reaction score
I have the same issue. 23 laramie with an iphone 15. While using the wireless car play left speakers will eventually stop working. A radio reset will fix it but only temporarily. I ended up disabling car play months ago and have not had an issue with the speakers since.

Bsjoiner

Reaction score
Hello @Bones136, @Bsjoiner, @JDK6653, @fasemukumal and others!

We understand how frustrating the above can be. Our team would like to look into this! Please individually send our team your VIN for us to review via private message so we can determine next steps. Thank you and we hope to connect with each of you.

Hannah
Ram Cares
I would happily send you my VIN but this is happening on the 21’ Limited and now my 23’ Limited so it seems pretty widespread. I get a new iPhone every year so it’s happening on at least 2 different phones now.

Users who are viewing this thread