5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have the back seat tear on the child seat buttons?

revolutionz

Reaction score
Odd problem, my car seat caught on the edge on the button for the car seat and tore the leather. You can plainly see the tear started at the button and tore downwards.

I put in a warranty claim through my dealer and of course it was denied because it was physical damage....well of course it was because it was the stupid design of the plastic button sticking out that the edge of the car seat caught on and tore. Anyone know if there is any law about removing those buttons being they're related to car seats?

@RamCares is there anything I can do about this? I think it's kind of a ridiculous design, and now I have a tear in my back seat and I'm worried one of the other buttons is going to catch too and tear the seat some more being I have to use car seats for a couple more years.

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_083908.jpg
    IMG_20200731_083908.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20200731_083910.jpg
    IMG_20200731_083910.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20200731_083914.jpg
    IMG_20200731_083914.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 64

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you there is no law against the consumer removing them. But I'm wondering how you would remove them without causing damage. I also suspect you'd be left with holes where they used to be.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Odd problem, my car seat caught on the edge on the button for the car seat and tore the leather. You can plainly see the tear started at the button and tore downwards.

I put in a warranty claim through my dealer and of course it was denied because it was physical damage....well of course it was because it was the stupid design of the plastic button sticking out that the edge of the car seat caught on and tore. Anyone know if there is any law about removing those buttons being they're related to car seats?

@RamCares is there anything I can do about this? I think it's kind of a ridiculous design, and now I have a tear in my back seat and I'm worried one of the other buttons is going to catch too and tear the seat some more being I have to use car seats for a couple more years.

I apologize for the trouble, @revolutionz. Please do not hesitate to send your VIN over via private message so that I may look into this further for you on my end!

Mark
RamCares

revolutionz

Reaction score
Pretty sure you there is no law against the consumer removing them. But I'm wondering how you would remove them without causing damage. I also suspect you'd be left with holes where they used to be.

not sure, but I was hoping that they would have just gone through one of the perforations that was already existing in the leather

Users who are viewing this thread