5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have an oem truck ?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think bolt-ons that do not alter or change anything about the function of the truck should be exempt; otherwise, hell even a trailer hitch ball would count since they don't come on the truck, especially since "mods" is short for "Modifications" and I don't see how adding something that is already provided for by Ram (like running boards) is a modification. In that spirit, I have no mods. However, I do have "Adds", short for "Additions", in the form of a truck cap, side steps, and mud guards, none of which came on it from the factory.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious how you blew out three tires?
Me too. I was thinking the same thing. One time in my new Frontier 20+ years ago I was driving home from the tire shop, where I just had brand new high-dollar off-road tires put on. On the interstate I saw something orange in the road, small, but couldn't avoid it and drove over it. I heard it crunch, figured it was a plastic cup or something. Got home, didn't see any damage. Went inside, came out a couple hours later and front tire was flat as a pancake. Pumped it up with my air compressor and could hear the air pouring out of it. So I had to put the spare on and drive back to the tire store. They pulled the tire off the rim and know what it was? A full-size philips head screwdriver, with the shank of the screwdriver straight into the tire (tread, luckily). The orange thing I saw was the handle, which pulverized as the shank imbedded into the tire.

JCK_25

Reaction score
Mine is still exactly how I bought it on halloween. I will be adding a tonneau cover and side steps soon though, so it's not gonna be this way for much longer.
Looks like we have the same Patriot Blue. Bought mine on 10/26. If you're looking for insight on what fits & how it looks feel free to reach out!

Ickabod

Reaction score
Definitely not OEM. Within the first week, I swapped out the crappy incandescent bed lights for LEDs.

bfp9

Reaction score
I'm curious how you blew out three tires?

Over about 8k miles I blew three of them.

I drive on unimproved roads daily for work - embedded into those roads are small, and admittedly sharp little rocks that managed to pop three of the tires, 2 of them on what I assume was the same rock at the same time - both drivers side tires! Thank god for Army LHS and flat racks. Didn’t have to pay for a tow.

K02s have been fantastic. No issues since. And it’s seen those same trails a minimum 3 times a week.

MilehighRam

Reaction score
Mine is 100% how i bought it in October. Ill likely add MLV and some other sound proofing to the doors/cab in the near future (and better tires).

Users who are viewing this thread