5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone got light bars/pods/etc?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s another option! I cut perfect holes in my lower grill and slid some Baja designs squadrons in there. Made some simple U brackets on the back to hold them and it looks factory.

Sorry Joe, I’m not familiar with the Rebel lower grill. If yours is an open mesh, there shouldn’t be any need to replace it. My lower grill on the Laramie was 100% blocking, so I could not leave it in place and see any light output... had to change to the diesel grill mesh which lets air in to their cooler.

If you get under your bumper you’ll see the removal is very straight forward. Plastic clips on the bottom and some screw nuts that hold the top in place. Grill pulls out from the front once those are all removed.
not sure,but this is what i think asking this...its the route i used and still used your little single lights.its easy to take off that cover on the back off the lower grill.its just a bunch of plastic clips

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i used a "gangSwitch" to power them

Attachments

• 100_1792_InPixio.jpg
    100_1792_InPixio.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 90

Doc33

Reaction score
Here’s another option! I cut perfect holes in my lower grill and slid some Baja designs squadrons in there. Made some simple U brackets on the back to hold them and it looks factory.
Looks good, thinking of the same but using baja S1 light pods. Did you cut the openings with the lower grill in place or did you remove it? Lastly, what tool you use to cut the holes?

joemo

Reaction score
not sure,but this is what i think asking this...its the route i used and still used your little single lights.its easy to take off that cover on the back off the lower grill.its just a bunch of plastic clips

Did you take the tow hooks out for those lights? I bought (waiting on delivery) a metal license plate holder for the front that I can mount 2 lights on. But I really like the missing tow hooks as I do not have a need for them. May I ask what kind of lights you used in there?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good, thinking of the same but using baja S1 light pods. Did you cut the openings with the lower grill in place or did you remove it? Lastly, what tool you use to cut the holes?
Did you take the tow hooks out for those lights? I bought (waiting on delivery) a metal license plate holder for the front that I can mount 2 lights on. But I really like the missing tow hooks as I do not have a need for them. May I ask what kind of lights you used in there?
i know what plate your talking about.i had them.but the lights block the sensors.if you dont have sensor up front you will be alright.or if you do just turn off the switch,like you i took off the tow hooks .have no need for them.and i used "baja"rear bumper lights!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Here’s another option! I cut perfect holes in my lower grill and slid some Baja designs squadrons in there. Made some simple U rackets on the back to hold them and it looks factory.
Thanks. Yeah the S1’s would work too! I cut them with the grill in place and I used a dremel with a plastic cutting wheel to get a veryyy rough cut about 1/8-1/4” smaller than the actual shape I needed, and then I used a sanding wheel on the dremel to get the openings 100% perfect. The sander grinds down the plastic perfectly and gives crisp lines without melting it. I’m so happy I tried it!

Carlmyman

Reaction score
Looks Good!Are they adjustable? Not sure of how you have them mounted. Can you get us a pict or 2 of your mounting/brackets? I might do something like that with #2 & 4 being Amber.
Thanks

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Looks Good!Are they adjustable? Not sure of how you have them mounted. Can you get us a pict or 2 of your mounting/brackets? I might do something like that with #2 & 4 being Amber.
Thanks
I think you’re responding to my post? If so, thank you! No, the way I have them mounted right now they are not adjustable. I have another mounting idea in mind that would make them adjustable, but it wouldn’t fit in the grill as perfectly. I do need to aim mine up though as they point down a bit. I’ll try to get some pics of the homemade mounts on here ASAP.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Outstanding! Which 20” bar are you using here, and what’s your experience?

I’m contemplating fabbing a 40” bar behind the lower grill mesh, but it sure would be a lot easier to go with the RC 20” bar mounts.

Have you had any experience with those fog pods in a dense fog? I drove in a dense fog the other night and my visibility with factory lights was concerning. Curious how the yellow helps in these conditions.
40..oh yeah not only you will see but be seen :LOL: ..the 20s are more for looks than anything else.the amber are more for others to see you:LOL:all this stuff is just for "astatic";)

Carlmyman

Reaction score
40..oh yeah not only you will see but be seen :LOL: ..the 20s are more for looks than anything else.the amber are more for others to see you:LOL:all this stuff is just for "astatic";)
Let me know how you go about it? I am also looking to put a 40 inch bar either in the lower grill or the mesh zone. Have to wait for warm weather here but it is definitely on my list. Plan on using a Trigger 4 plus for my switching.

Scmil

Reaction score
I think you’re responding to my post? If so, thank you! No, the way I have them mounted right now they are not adjustable. I have another mounting idea in mind that would make them adjustable, but it wouldn’t fit in the grill as perfectly. I do need to aim mine up though as they point down a bit. I’ll try to get some pics of the homemade mounts on here ASAP.
great looking set up. Did you ever get around to getting a picture of the back side showing the mounting?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me know how you go about it? I am also looking to put a 40 inch bar either in the lower grill or the mesh zone. Have to wait for warm weather here but it is definitely on my list. Plan on using a Trigger 4 plus for my switching.
oh yeah me to on waiting till the weather gets better(for me thats not till mid "April"😟)

Attachments

• 100_1792_InPixio.jpg
    100_1792_InPixio.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 75

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Scroll up and you can see my implementation.

Acerw

Reaction score
27920F7F-E1BF-478C-80D6-724006343004.jpeg

Attachments

• 69B83C82-45C7-4143-991F-7CACB0EFEF61.jpeg
    69B83C82-45C7-4143-991F-7CACB0EFEF61.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 93
  • FB30B6BA-24DE-4655-9162-245464FC0412.jpeg
    FB30B6BA-24DE-4655-9162-245464FC0412.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 15A03C03-AE6C-4DCB-8E29-7FD39AF98E69.jpeg
    15A03C03-AE6C-4DCB-8E29-7FD39AF98E69.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 88

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im thinking of adding a light bar to the middle of my. Bumper and two pods to where my fog lights were would that be a issue? Light bar i was gonna have a seperate line , while having the fog lights. Just go on when i hit the fog lights button

Attachments

• DE82CDAE-DED6-40BA-9198-3222CDDE1E83.jpeg
    DE82CDAE-DED6-40BA-9198-3222CDDE1E83.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 01455E51-B055-4C24-B30E-0B6432FB16D7.jpeg
    01455E51-B055-4C24-B30E-0B6432FB16D7.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 58

Jabberjaw

Reaction score
I had an sPod touchscreen on a 67 designs mount controlling several Baja designs LEDs on my Colorado. Every Jeep I’ve ever built had an sPod/Baja set-up. Can’t really go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread