5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone got light bars/pods/etc?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought a 40” bar and factory grill mesh today. I’ll need to fab up my own mounts for it, but there appears to be plenty of room behind the grill. The adjustable foot mounts should be a lot easier to work with than attempting to reach the ends of the bar. Looking forward to getting it installed!

4586b9d71191f90210d17d19c733fa8f.jpg

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought a 40” bar and factory grill mesh today. I’ll need to fab up my own mounts for it, but there appears to be plenty of room behind the grill. The adjustable foot mounts should be a lot easier to work with than attempting to reach the ends of the bar. Looking forward to getting it installed!

4586b9d71191f90210d17d19c733fa8f.jpg

you can go to "Ridgid",ebay or amazon to get the bracket you need.its what i used (y)

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 100

Midnight1988

Reaction score
74aa2af6b1ebec7639aff92180e6fe14.jpg

-Midnight @midnight_the1500

Laramie 5’ 7” 4x4 Crew Cab
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl
Level 2 Equipment Group
19–Speaker Harman Kardon Premium Sound, Blind–Spot with Cross–Path Detection, HD Radio, Heated Second–Row Seats, ParkSense Front and Rear Park–Assist with Stop Rain–Sensitive Windshield Wipers, Rear Under–Seat Compartment Storage, Remote Tailgate–Release, Rear 60 / 40 Folding Split–Recline Seat Single–Disc Remote CD Player, Tailgate–Ajar Warning Lamp, Uconnect 4C NAV with 12–Inch Display, Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio, Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle, 5.7–Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine, Panoramic sunroof, Power Running Boards, Rear Wheelhouse–Liners , 33–Gallon Fuel Tank, 20” polished rims, drop in bed liner

Items installed after purchase:
RetraxPro MX Tonneau Cover, Yakima crossbars and Bike rack, Mopar 2” lift kit, Ceramic Coated, Tinted windows, AMP research side step 2.0, Lasfit Auto lighting for third brake light, K&N drop in air and cabin filter, Suspension and Transfer Case skid plates, 285/65R20 BF Goodrich KO2s, Wilco offset hitchgate.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you can go to "Ridgid",ebay or amazon to get the bracket you need.its what i used (y)

That’s for a 20” bar, correct?

I’m mounting a 40” bar. Just received the light bar yesterday and did some rough fit checks. Hit the Home Depot and got to work on a mount for it. I’m about $20 into hardware, and looks like it will work out. Should have the grill mesh delivered today so hopefully I can wrap this up over the weekend.

I chose a Rough Country 40” bar with bottom mount feet that can move anywhere along the light bar length, which made the bracket design a whole lot more simplistic.

EDIT: Just received the lower open grill mesh panel and realized the sensor mounts aren’t integrated to this part, so I had to place a separate order for the two $1.50 sensor holders. I guess I’ll be hacking my original grill tonight to get me back on the road over the weekend.
a4d1ec446847a5ca9c7448699a3bac95.jpg

e407529a1fc7eb15f12fa8000f75da88.jpg

Last edited:

azMO

Reaction score
I have the Rambar with Mopar LED x2. they are 4800 Lumens each I believe. I'm happy with them! though I got a great deal and paid less than half price... OEM Mopar products we know are expensive but the Rambar and lights are unjustifiably priced at full price!!

Attachments

• IMG-2891.jpg
    IMG-2891.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG-3492.jpg
    IMG-3492.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 120
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 120

speedracernc

Reaction score
Got it installed, still waiting on the lower grill sensor ports, so I just taped my front sensors out of the way for the time being. Looking forward to getting this out tonight to see what “36k lumens” looks like!
dc21f647cee247d763a5d806bf051045.jpg

217231e24c08b4c7d9d4419f7ddc25b6.jpg
This is exactly what I am looking to do. Would you consider giving me details on the brackets you made? Also, do the sensor's from the old grille not come out to put into the new one?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is exactly what I am looking to do. Would you consider giving me details on the brackets you made? Also, do the sensor's from the old grille not come out to put into the new one?

Sure thing. Scroll up a couple of posts and you’ll see the mounting brackets I made. There are factory holes in the sheet metal part I connected to, so I didn’t make any modification to the vehicle. I just used 1-1/2” angle aluminum since it is stable and easy to come by. Since I don’t have a lot of tools at my disposal, I made everything with bolted connections. A saw and drill is all you’ll need.

The key for me was selecting a light bar with movable bottom feet, so I didn’t have to get so creative trying to reach the end of the light bar with mounts... that would have been a much bigger challenge. I selected a curved 40” Rough Country bar, partially for this reason.

As for the grill, the factory sensors will fit into it. My Laramie grill is a 100% blocking panel, so I removed it and put one in from a Diesel 1500, which has the open mesh. I didn’t recognize the sensors don’t plug directly into that grill, that grill accepts two little $1.50 sensor holders so you’ll need all 3 parts to reconnect them. I should have the holders next week.

Total was about $60 for the grill parts and $20 for the brackets and hardware.
Grill: 68334531AD
Right and Left Sensor Holders: 68335619AC and 68335621AC

On another note: Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the drivers side headlights? I’d like to hook into the DRL wire and HI beam wire. I’m not sure if it’s best to do that at the headlight wiring or two into the fuse. I’d be using those to trigger the relays, not power the light bar.

626eb9223dc308e5f7851985a14ea06a.jpg

Last edited:

Loggerdude

Reaction score
Anyone found brackets for the 2500 between the front parking sensors. I really don’t want to cut on the grill. Not sure if the 1500 brackets are the same

bigalf

Reaction score
Eltaco that looks slick. I'm curious how the sensors will go back? Is there just a harness to disconnect them?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Eltaco that looks slick. I'm curious how the sensors will go back? Is there just a harness to disconnect them?

Yep, super easy. The grill has two little sensor holders to hold the sensors. Those are just thin plastic parts which plug into the grill. So I installed the light bar back far enough to allow clearance for the sensor and wiring. It’s only a couple of wires that go into each sensor, so not a big deal, they tee out of a main harness from the factory.

Mine are just taped out of the way right now. My new sensor holders will be here on Wednesday and I’ll grab a pic after the install.

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
Yep, super easy. The grill has two little sensor holders to hold the sensors. Those are just thin plastic parts which plug into the grill. So I installed the light bar back far enough to allow clearance for the sensor and wiring. It’s only a couple of wires that go into each sensor, so not a big deal, they tee out of a main harness from the factory.

Mine are just taped out of the way right now. My new sensor holders will be here on Wednesday and I’ll grab a pic after the install.
These look like the same on the Rebel.... I have a 22" bar in between the sensors, but if I fit a bigger bar.... 🤩🤩🤩 Definitely post after... And if you are able, I'd like to see the clearance between the new sensor harness and light bar on the inside. I know there will be some obstruction of the light, but that is no big deal on a 40" Bar!!!

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i know some have ask me about my "Baja"foglights.i found these on "Amazon".i hope this may work and help some of my RamBrothers here. ;) 👍

Attachments

• 81A7Y8TfrdL._AC_SY355_.jpg
    81A7Y8TfrdL._AC_SY355_.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 108

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update in case anyone else is looking for this information in the future: the HI beam wire on the drivers side is white with green stripe on the factory LED headlight harness. It was a PITA to get to, but I tapped into mine.

I still need to decide how I’d like to operate my light bar DRL functionality, whether I tie into the factory DRL or low beam. I currently have no idea which wires carry those signals. If anyone knows or has a wiring diagram, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Also, I received my parking sensor holders yesterday and installed to the diesel grill. Here’s a pic to show the sensors installed with the 40” light bar behind it.
4a8e6500119bb79c0098043a89d1dc71.jpg

joemo

Reaction score
Update in case anyone else is looking for this information in the future: the HI beam wire on the drivers side is white with green stripe on the factory LED headlight harness. It was a PITA to get to, but I tapped into mine.

I still need to decide how I’d like to operate my light bar DRL functionality, whether I tie into the factory DRL or low beam. I currently have no idea which wires carry those signals. If anyone knows or has a wiring diagram, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Also, I received my parking sensor holders yesterday and installed to the diesel grill. Here’s a pic to show the sensors installed with the 40” light bar behind it.
4a8e6500119bb79c0098043a89d1dc71.jpg

How did you take that lower grill off? I have a rebel with the sensors already. Reading your posts, is it possible, all I need is the light bar and the bar mounting brackets? Or will I need a new grill as well?
thanks

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you take that lower grill off? I have a rebel with the sensors already. Reading your posts, is it possible, all I need is the light bar and the bar mounting brackets? Or will I need a new grill as well?
thanks

Sorry Joe, I’m not familiar with the Rebel lower grill. If yours is an open mesh, there shouldn’t be any need to replace it. My lower grill on the Laramie was 100% blocking, so I could not leave it in place and see any light output... had to change to the diesel grill mesh which lets air in to their cooler.

If you get under your bumper you’ll see the removal is very straight forward. Plastic clips on the bottom and some screw nuts that hold the top in place. Grill pulls out from the front once those are all removed.

joemo

Reaction score
Sorry Joe, I’m not familiar with the Rebel lower grill. If yours is an open mesh, there shouldn’t be any need to replace it. My lower grill on the Laramie was 100% blocking, so I could not leave it in place and see any light output... had to change to the diesel grill mesh which lets air in to their cooler.

If you get under your bumper you’ll see the removal is very straight forward. Plastic clips on the bottom and some screw nuts that hold the top in place. Grill pulls out from the front once those are all removed.
I don't know whether to thank you or curse.. lol.. I now can spend more money on a light bar :)
I do have the parking sensors too. I need to take a look before I undertake this one but I do have my new 6 port gang switch just itching for its first entry.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Here’s another option! I cut perfect holes in my lower grill and slid some Baja designs squadrons in there. Made some simple U brackets on the back to hold them and it looks factory.

Attachments

• 8DA0EE53-CD08-415F-A265-DB27D992ED2D.jpeg
    8DA0EE53-CD08-415F-A265-DB27D992ED2D.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 7FA5D416-60BE-4935-92A6-102612FEFC59.jpeg
    7FA5D416-60BE-4935-92A6-102612FEFC59.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 197904E4-408E-4F86-860F-99534CD3C633.jpeg
    197904E4-408E-4F86-860F-99534CD3C633.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 191

Users who are viewing this thread