5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I have been driving the 2025 Laramie with the Hurricane for about two weeks. First impressions are good.
The engine has very smooth power with almost no turbo lag on acceleration, pretty quick. It is very quiet and handles well. I did notice the sound of something cycling in the engine when I turned it off. I called and asked a tech about it and he explained that there is a small pump that will cycle coolant through the turbos to cool them down. I can see a tube going into the coolant reservoir dripping while its cycling.
All of the tech options, adaptive cruise, auto wipers and high-beams, lane assist, passive entry etc. work well. I had those options on a 300 and they worked OK at best, so they have improved the performance of the technology. A reason I went with the 2025 is that all of these are standard on the Laramie.
I agree with many opinions here that the RAM on the tailgate would look better in black. Not sure if there will be a kit to do that.
I added a Truxedo Low Pro cover (note that the 2024 covers fit the 2025 box) and spray in liner. Waiting for Weather Tech to come out with mats and mud guards. I will also add the cargo management rails and was told the 2024 rails will fit as well.
One thing that I was pleasantly surprised with is the 9 speaker Alpine sound system. It sounds great with good base and a nice surround mix. One of the best systems I have had. To me it sounded better than the 19 speaker Harman Kardon that was in the 2024 models I drove.
I am looking to add running boards. What are opinions on automatic vs a fixed option. I feel like the step height on the auto boards is more useful for shorter legs.

View attachment 181967

That's a nice looking truck and thanks for your impression of the new engine although I'm not at all surprised.
Congratulations

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The drivers side floor mat will not fit as the refresh model now has a dead pedal that the floor mat fits over.
So what do we know about this "dead pedal"? Is it something that could be retrofitted to older models, or is it just a big bump in the sheet metal?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what do we know about this "dead pedal"? Is it something that could be retrofitted to older models, or is it just a big bump in the sheet metal?
That I'm not sure but I'm thinking its a bump in the floor pan. I looked at a 2025 yesterday and another thing I noticed is the seat seems to go back farther/lower. Being 6'8" that was one complaint with my 2019 is not enough driver seat travel, I seem to have about 2 more inches of leg room in the 2025

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That I'm not sure but I'm thinking its a bump in the floor pan. I looked at a 2025 yesterday and another thing I noticed is the seat seems to go back farther/lower. Being 6'8" that was one complaint with my 2019 is not enough driver seat travel, I seem to have about 2 more inches of leg room in the 2025
Buy some of the desertdoesit seat jackers for your 2019

Danatanchor

Reaction score
The power running boards are better than fixed boards for short people, especially the Mopar boards because of the deploy height. The boards for the 2019-2024 models may not work on the 2025's because of the updated electrical architecture. It could be a while before the updated power running boards are available, so that might be a consideration for you.
Thanks for the advice.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I am betting it is similar the hump that Chevy puts in the Silverado on the drivers side. I kinda like that to be honest if it is I’m glad as i would have missed it.

Danatanchor

Reaction score
Yes plenty of leg and headroom. I'm 6' 4" and don't put the seat all the way back, which is unusual. I also ran the seats a bit higher with plenty of headroom to spare. Needed a bit more height to see better over the "sport" hood feature which is not optimal for sight lines. Not a big issue but it seems kind of clunky to me.

dcchris311

Reaction score
Well I canceled my Tungsten order and switched over to an RHO. My order has already been confirmed!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240427_165154_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240427_165154_Gmail.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 4

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I canceled my Tungsten order and switched over to an RHO. My order has already been confirmed!!
Is the RHO fully loaded? What was the price difference from the Tungsten?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread