5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone found a good hard tri fold for 2019 ram no box short bed

Bufordw

Reaction score
I have a BAK MX4 on my truck, It doesn’t leak at all and is easy to remove and reinstall. I like the low profile of this cover.

Volkster

Reaction score
I have the Extang Solid Fold 2.0. Really nice quality and a super strong tri-fold. No brackets or rails to drill or mount. Simply sits on "top" of the bed rail and uses two J brackets up front and two spring loaded quick release brackets in the rear. Takes less than 5 minutes to install. Minimal water seepage inside but I also have a bed mat which keeps anything on it dry.

brdima

Reaction score
I have a BAK MX4 on my truck, It doesn’t leak at all and is easy to remove and reinstall. I like the low profile of this cover.
Who did your install? Can you take some pictures? I'm interested in the front (closest to cab) weather seal (if you installed yours) and how far forward the rails go.
I just installed mine 2 weeks ago, and leaks a lot. I pushed the rails all the way forward, so that the foam touches the front of the bed, and added the weather seal. Leaks in both corners, AND over the wheel wells. I checked the rubber seal that sits on top of the bed rail, and looks nice and clean, no kinks, no bends, and still leaks.
Pretty disappointed so far.

Aggie Rod

Reaction score
I have the Mopar trifold. Its a Bakflip G2 that has the rear seal of the MX4. Its been great so far. Its been through the car wash 4 times and a few snow storms and no leaks at all. My only issue was one of the rails was slightly twisted so I had to have help getting the front hand bolts through to hold the cover and only sent me 3 screws for the strap down connections. I called and they sent me out 4 complete connector sets with new straps so guess I'm set on that.

Rich

Reaction score
I have the Mopar trifold. Its a Bakflip G2 that has the rear seal of the MX4. Its been great so far. Its been through the car wash 4 times and a few snow storms and no leaks at all. My only issue was one of the rails was slightly twisted so I had to have help getting the front hand bolts through to hold the cover and only sent me 3 screws for the strap down connections. I called and they sent me out 4 complete connector sets with new straps so guess I'm set on that.

It's good to know you like it, thanks for the vote of confidence.

I'm leaning towards this one as the dealer gave me a price quote of about $770ish (I can't remember the exact price now), and this seems a good price compared to other brands. If people are happy with it, I may just go this route vs spending a lot more money.

19 LL

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as y'all ,I wanted the fiberglass mopar painted to match the truck but my wife really likes the mx4 so I'll probably play it safe and get that one coming !!! So is there any other high end options other than the lomax and mx4?

davidn0021

Reaction score
Just got the Lomax from Truck Alterations. Also picked up a couple of cargo organizers off Amazon so the wife can put her groceries somewhere without complaining to me that there's no place in the truck for her groceries. Of course, she can always use the SUV for her shopping needs.... but at least this way it doesn't give her an excuse for the truck lacking something!

geotex1

Reaction score
Just got the Lomax from Truck Alterations. Also picked up a couple of cargo organizers off Amazon so the wife can put her groceries somewhere without complaining to me that there's no place in the truck for her groceries. Of course, she can always use the SUV for her shopping needs.... but at least this way it doesn't give her an excuse for the truck lacking something!

Wait, you let your wife drive your truck?!? :eek:

I still have an $800 bill to pay for when my wife drove my Yukon... 2004 XL 2500 with the 8.1L and floater, 61K original miles and looked brand new until my wife "borrowed" it. :mad: Gouged from rear wheel well trim to bumper where it was creased in a full inch! Don't even ask me the paint color that had to be matched! :confused:

I use a AMP Bedxtender to keep the groceries wrangled.

davidn0021

Reaction score
Wait, you let your wife drive your truck?!? :eek:

I still have an $800 bill to pay for when my wife drove my Yukon... 2004 XL 2500 with the 8.1L and floater, 61K original miles and looked brand new until my wife "borrowed" it. :mad: Gouged from rear wheel well trim to bumper where it was creased in a full inch! Don't even ask me the paint color that had to be matched! :confused:

I use a AMP Bedxtender to keep the groceries wrangled.

LOL no she doesn't want to drive it. She wants ME to drive HER to go grocery shopping in it!

I thought about getting a bed extender, but I'm on a lease so I didn't want to drill anywhere into the bed. Instead, I just got some cargo organizers and since I'll have the bed cover, they should suffice for what she wants as far as groceries. I was gonna get a ratcheting cargo bar from HF for when I needed to haul more industrial things.

Aggie Rod

Reaction score
It's good to know you like it, thanks for the vote of confidence.

I'm leaning towards this one as the dealer gave me a price quote of about $770ish (I can't remember the exact price now), and this seems a good price compared to other brands. If people are happy with it, I may just go this route vs spending a lot more money.

Yeah that’s about what I paid. Mopar has a 15% off coupon so they must be using that. That price is the main reason I got it. Also that coupon is good all year so keep using it if there’s something else out there.

RAMBS

Reaction score
I have the Lomax, I get some water when I go through the car wash? Otherwise, it's pretty dry. The first one (on my 17 Ram) started to come apart at the seams after a year. They replaced it no questions asked in Nov. of 2017. Took it off that truck and slapped it on the 19. Love it!

ajosephngs

Reaction score
Surprised there’s not more love on here for the diamondback covers. My buddy had one and it was pretty slick. Solid top to carry just about anything on top and the panels flip back and lay flat in either direction and it’s lockable and weather tight. A little dust crept in on long drives on dirt roads but nothing ever got wet and I like the security. Plus, I kinda got an itch to carry my atv on top and gear underneath. E9DD72B7-2392-46D9-824D-D9181E809851.png

Rich

Reaction score
Yeah that’s about what I paid. Mopar has a 15% off coupon so they must be using that. That price is the main reason I got it. Also that coupon is good all year so keep using it if there’s something else out there.

Does anyone know how to get a better price than this?

They tried to make me believe that this price very close to their cost, so that they could not even install it at the price. If it's simply a standard discount coupon, I find that hard to believe that they are not still making a profit.

ponypride

Reaction score
I have the BAK MX-4 and I love it. The bed stays very dry and it is a very stable cover with no wind noise.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Surprised there’s not more love on here for the diamondback covers. My buddy had one and it was pretty slick. Solid top to carry just about anything on top and the panels flip back and lay flat in either direction and it’s lockable and weather tight. A little dust crept in on long drives on dirt roads but nothing ever got wet and I like the security. Plus, I kinda got an itch to carry my atv on top and gear underneath. View attachment 14793

I was seriously looking at one but they want over $2500 for them here in Canada so I went Bakflip MX4 for $1100.

ponypride

Reaction score
I liked the Diamondback cover, but ai could not justify the cost. Also, I do not have dirt bikes that I would need to fasten to the top of the cover.

Mstep7

Reaction score
I went with the BAK MX4 on both of my 19 Rams. Simple, easy, strong and they had $75 mail in rebates before Christmas.
I used the same on my 16 Ram and liked it. Never had a Lomax, but hear that they are great as well. :)
Does your 19 ram leak at all with back mx4

mjw930

Reaction score
Do you have the 19 ram, does it leak at all?
Yes 2019 Big Horn Crew short bed. There is some water intrusion through the sides of the tail gate but nothing where the cover seals. A tailgate seal will solve the little I get through the gaps when I get around to installing one. Also note the bed seam where the bottom of the bed meets the sides is not completely sealed so in a driving rain, where water is being forced up from below, some will get into the bed.

Aggie Rod

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get a better price than this?

They tried to make me believe that this price very close to their cost, so that they could not even install it at the price. If it's simply a standard discount coupon, I find that hard to believe that they are not still making a profit.

I bought my truck from Autonation in Denver which I believe is the largest dealer group in the US. The messed up my paperwork and when I went back in I worked with the sales manager. I told him for my troubles it would be nice if he sold me a Mopar cover at cost. He told me he can’t get them at cost. I was thinking he was full of it until he took me out on the lot and showed me some trucks he had customized with rims, full body wraps and the works. All the covers on the trucks were Bak MX4 covers and he told me go talk to the guys that did his trucks as they gave him a better deal on the cover than his parts dept.

Vincey2kr1

Reaction score
Lomax cover leaks at the front edges and of course at the tailgate. Loaded some pictures and you can clearly see through into the bed in the corners. Contacted truck alteration who contacted lomax and there solution was to send me new rubber seals.. not to happy about ripping off rubber, trying to get it cleaned up to blew some new seals..

Attachments

• 95E4B4BC-804D-4D36-A23D-C32A2C479571.jpeg
    95E4B4BC-804D-4D36-A23D-C32A2C479571.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • DCDD6A3C-5AE7-4F54-A102-D19FEB2384A7.jpeg
    DCDD6A3C-5AE7-4F54-A102-D19FEB2384A7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
  • 2049971D-2BDE-4183-B031-E63BEEB0A736.jpeg
    2049971D-2BDE-4183-B031-E63BEEB0A736.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
  • 62AEBABD-D934-4033-A0B5-66DDCFF8C45E.jpeg
    62AEBABD-D934-4033-A0B5-66DDCFF8C45E.jpeg