5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else having massive issues with their 2019's?

TangoFoxtrot

Reaction score
2019 here about to roll over 50kmiles, no major issues to report. The only thing I ever had was the compass didn't always work and the radio would get out of tune. Dealership did a flash/update or some sort and some other flashes that were with the Drivetrain. No issues since and that was early part of last year. If you have that many issues I'd look at trading it in if possible. My previous experiences with FCA (a different vehicle) were not good at all, I took a risk going back to RAM and so far so good, but if I started having multiple issues I'd trade it in rather than go through the headaches of FCA warranty work.

41magmag41

Reaction score
I got a 2019 with a build date of Jan 2019, I've owned it for almost 2 years now and has been absolutely flawless. And I'm not the type to let things pass, there is honestly nothing too small for me to get the dealer to look at while I'm under warranty.

To date, I haven't been back to the dealer since I took delivery, I'ved owned about 10 new vehicles from various makes, this is one of the few that have been completely trouble free.

So, that fact your 2019 has issues, I would not accept them because it's a 2019. If mine can be this good, so should yours.
Ditto for above. My 2019 with 50g miles has been flawless. only the refresh of the airbag computer. today finally got around for some new tires.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 here about to roll over 50kmiles, no major issues to report. The only thing I ever had was the compass didn't always work and the radio would get out of tune. Dealership did a flash/update or some sort and some other flashes that were with the Drivetrain. No issues since and that was early part of last year. If you have that many issues I'd look at trading it in if possible. My previous experiences with FCA (a different vehicle) were not good at all, I took a risk going back to RAM and so far so good, but if I started having multiple issues I'd trade it in rather than go through the headaches of FCA warranty work.
That’s what the company wants us to do, that’s crap! I don’t know about anyone else on here but I’m 43 years old and I’ve worked very hard for everything I have, I’ve earned it all myself! When we spend $50,000 - $70,000 on these new trucks, ram needs to stand behind them at least through the warranty period if not after! I was told the same thing by a dealer when I was having issues, that I should just trade it in. At 7000 miles with a dealer visit list a mile long. I said you and ram can either fix it or buy it back, after multiple attempts to fix it, many new parts with no fix, it finally fell under the lemon law! I’m glad your having good luck with yours, hope your luck don’t run out, I’d trade it before it does!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Id get rid of it. My 2019 had issues but not nearly that bad!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Id get rid of it. My 2019 had issues but not nearly that bad!
My 19 vibrated so bad, I had to readjust the side mirrors every few days as they would be pointing towards the ground. A ram tech was finally sent to the dealer and he agreed that it was not right! My 2021 has 400 miles on it, too early to tell. It’s too bad because I love the truck, just not the issues😩

ddharris

Reaction score
For me.

rear pinion replaced due to whine on throttle 46-50 mph.
Left side mirror replacement ( gears stripped)
Rear window frame crack and small leak
( new rear window installed)
Leak on 3rd break light
Top glovebox LED out( replaced entire top glovebox)

just over 9K miles on truck
All work performed at Davis Chrysler , Dodge, Ram and and jeep Fernandina, FL. . They fixed everything first time. Great little dealership. Supplied rental also.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For me.

rear pinion replaced due to whine on throttle 46-50 mph.
Left side mirror replacement ( gears stripped)
Rear window frame crack and small leak
( new rear window installed)
Leak on 3rd break light
Top glovebox LED out( replaced entire top glovebox)

just over 9K miles on truck
All work performed at Davis Chrysler , Dodge, Ram and and jeep Fernandina, FL. . They fixed everything first time. Great little dealership. Supplied rental also.
I’m glad they fixed all of this for you. It’s just sad all the issues. I’ve owned 4 new chevy trucks over the last 20 years and had less problems over 20 years then you have with one truck in a year!!

ddharris

Reaction score
I’m glad they fixed all of this for you. It’s just sad all the issues. I’ve owned 4 new chevy trucks over the last 20 years and had less problems over 20 years then you have with one truck in a year!!
I’m lucky. It’s not a vehicle I use daily or for work.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far my 2019 Bighorn has been flawless. But I only have 9000 miles for what it's worth.
I'm up to 19k miles on mine bought Jan 2019 and the only problem I had was a wet driver floor once when I was parked pointing downhill and angled and water in the door seeped onto the floor because the drain holes are so tight against the rubber door molding. Other than that and a minor quality control issue (door lock not all the way through the door panel and finger-tight bolts) I haven't had any problems. I hear a rumble at about 30 & 60 MPH that sounds like a bad tire balance that I'm going to have looked at, and when I first bought it I had some kind of clunk when I went over a bump too fast but it went away. Sometimes I'll have real squeaky brakes if it's been sitting for a few days first time I back out of the driveway, but my Miata does the same thing so I attribute it to rust on the rotors.

All in all I'm pretty satisfied with mine thus far. My Titan had more issues when it was new than the Ram has had.

TangoFoxtrot

Reaction score
That’s what the company wants us to do, that’s crap! I don’t know about anyone else on here but I’m 43 years old and I’ve worked very hard for everything I have, I’ve earned it all myself! When we spend $50,000 - $70,000 on these new trucks, ram needs to stand behind them at least through the warranty period if not after! I was told the same thing by a dealer when I was having issues, that I should just trade it in. At 7000 miles with a dealer visit list a mile long. I said you and ram can either fix it or buy it back, after multiple attempts to fix it, many new parts with no fix, it finally fell under the lemon law! I’m glad your having good luck with yours, hope your luck don’t run out, I’d trade it before it does!
Oh I don't disagree, they should be held accountable, but my experiences with this left me so frustrated and insulted that I just went a different route. It's one thing to get them to fix it all but once that warranty runs out, you are stuck footing the bill. So if you have constant issues with different areas of the vehicle, I'd sell it and move on when the warranty is gone. I had 2006 BMW 3series, loved that car, but it had electrical issues and numerous other little things that caused it to be in the shop every 3-4 months. Once that warranty was over, I offloaded it and got a Honda, 3 years with the Honda and not one dealership visit. Bought a 2014 Wrangler JKU, reverse went out and dealership had it for 4 months, then the owner called me and accused me of insulting his wife, wtf? And they sent me packing with a busted Jeep. Jeep got me another dealership and it was done in 9 days. Then the I lost the cam on that Jeep and same dealership fixed the engine under warranty but forgot to hook up the brakes properly and I nearly got in wreck. That was last straw on that vehicle. The first dealership offered me 10k to buy back my 2 year old 30k Jeep, that was very nice of them. There comes a point when you realize you have a lemon/turd and its not worth your time to constantly be chasing down the dealership to do the right thing and just move on. I can tell you this, the moment I start having numerous issues with my RAM, I'm gone, I have no brand loyalty whatsoever. If they can't fix it right and I have to fight them, bye bye not getting anything else from me. However, I also realize things break from time to time and it is not realistic to expect a vehicle to be perfect for 100kmiles or even 10k.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Ditto here. My truck was @ the dealer for issues almost every other month the first year and a half. About a dozen times, which is more than my last 3 or 4 vehicles combined.

Pretty pathetic. Thankfully it has been fine the last year or so. Well almost, the brake squeal is rearing its ugly head again...

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Hate for this to be my first ever post in here but just wanted to know if anyone else is having major issues with their 5th Gen Rams, This is just a small list off the top of my head of whats had to be repaired the last 6 months. Truck is just rolling over the 60,000 km mark.

Touchsreen radio (2 times Still receiving error messages) Joakin has seen error, was advised to disconnect battery (really that's the fix after you have already replaced it)
Rear View Camera ( replaced twice as well)
Front and back Parking sensors
4x4 not shifting error (still investigating) - stating they can't duplicate yet I brought it into the dealership while it was doing it and they saw it then couldn't find the issue so said it isn't an issue
4x4 error stating tires are all different sizes ( still investigating/been told doesn't exist)
Steering Rack - then charged me for alignment lol
Front left strut
FRont sway bar links
Dash ( 3 times)
Battery
Water Pump
Body Mounts
Odometer doesn't match truck since tech rolled it back then rolled it forward when installing dash so who knows what the km's are on the truck.
My experience also. Its unbelievable how many times my truck has had to be repaired for a wide variety of issues. Over 55 days at dealership the time and energy I've spent is ridiculous.
  1. Transmission towed to dealership
  2. electric folding mirrors failed
  3. Failed battery towed to dealership
  4. back up camera
  5. engine nose in cabin
  6. Transmission control unit replaced
  7. Transmission slipping slow speeds
  8. uncommented down shift transmission
  9. Lose driver door handle
  10. tail gate not closing
  11. 3 major recalls
  12. stability control check engine light