5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else having massive issues with their 2019's?

Kerig

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Hate for this to be my first ever post in here but just wanted to know if anyone else is having major issues with their 5th Gen Rams, This is just a small list off the top of my head of whats had to be repaired the last 6 months. Truck is just rolling over the 60,000 km mark.

Touchsreen radio (2 times Still receiving error messages) Joakin has seen error, was advised to disconnect battery (really that's the fix after you have already replaced it)
Rear View Camera ( replaced twice as well)
Front and back Parking sensors
4x4 not shifting error (still investigating) - stating they can't duplicate yet I brought it into the dealership while it was doing it and they saw it then couldn't find the issue so said it isn't an issue
4x4 error stating tires are all different sizes ( still investigating/been told doesn't exist)
Steering Rack - then charged me for alignment lol
Front left strut
FRont sway bar links
Dash ( 3 times)
Battery
Water Pump
Body Mounts
Odometer doesn't match truck since tech rolled it back then rolled it forward when installing dash so who knows what the km's are on the truck.

BigD

Reaction score
Dump it. Sounds like the guys were drunk or high on the assembly line when they made that one !

Kerig

Reaction score
Haha according to FCA the truck is performing as expected lol.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Park it in a big city and leave the key on the console!
Did you buy that thing new?
It sounds like a hurricane special that was underwater for a couple weeks.
I have never seen quite the list you have on a couple year old truck.

ironox

Reaction score
2019, first year of a completely new model is normally when you see these cluster problems. My 2020 has only been in service six months, no issues so far.

What's the lemon law in your province/territory? Your truck seems like a strong candidate.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got a 2019 with a build date of Jan 2019, I've owned it for almost 2 years now and has been absolutely flawless. And I'm not the type to let things pass, there is honestly nothing too small for me to get the dealer to look at while I'm under warranty.

To date, I haven't been back to the dealer since I took delivery, I'ved owned about 10 new vehicles from various makes, this is one of the few that have been completely trouble free.

So, that fact your 2019 has issues, I would not accept them because it's a 2019. If mine can be this good, so should yours.

NoExpert

Reaction score
New to this forum. I've had my 2019 Rebel (new) since Nov 2019 and it's been flawless thus far.

I have 9k miles on the truck, I've done two oil changes on it since new, and recently added a Mishimoto catch can.

I have two recall notices on it: one for wipers and one for some floor mat nonsense. I'll get both addressed at a dealer....eventually.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
That’s unfortunate. After 2 years I just rolled 25k on my Laramie and have not had a single problem. I’d trade that lemon in

Kerig

Reaction score
So interesting FCA has removed itself from CAMVAP which is Ontario's Lemon law. I didn't know that was voluntary. Yes the truck was brand new. The scary part on half of this there are bulletins out to all dealers regarding over half of these issues. For example any clunking in the front end the dealer is to replace body mounts lol, Reverse cameras are a known problem and when they go for some reason take the radio with it. Ya just dropped it back of to the dealer and said you know what, my buddy owns a vinyl shop and i may get him to wrap it and list all the problems it has and leave it at the dealership for everyone to see before they buy a Ram. lol. Glad to know Im the only one with all the problems, although i wish the dealership would of at least offered to extend the warantee on the vehicle as i had requested due to all the issues and not being able to drive it since November.

Gs72174

Reaction score
2019 Big Horn with around 68,000 miles. I’m an outsides sales rep for construction material sales so I drive a lot. Covid hasn’t affected my work.

Anyways, I had active grill shutters crap out on me around 25,000 miles and a couple months ago I joined the rear window frame crack/leak. Other than those 2 inconveniences, the truck has been flawless.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guess I'd opt for a 21' with those issues. Ours, even with only 13K, has been fine. 1 dealer tsb for the trans downshift clunk/bump and maybe someday I'll take it in for the ac tsb (when there's more reports from forum members). Otherwise, she's purring like a cat and getting 20 mpg's on the highway.

I'm a bit surprised by the increase in MSRP though. When I bought in April of 19', a level 1 limited gas 4x CC was at most $67K (USD) MSRP, now it seems like they are hitting low to mid 70's USD. Course the $995 MFT is another "little" bump up in price.

2021 Ram 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 5'7 BOX Crew Cab

• MSRP $75,255

Last edited by a moderator:

Neokane

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Hate for this to be my first ever post in here but just wanted to know if anyone else is having major issues with their 5th Gen Rams, This is just a small list off the top of my head of whats had to be repaired the last 6 months. Truck is just rolling over the 60,000 km mark.

Touchsreen radio (2 times Still receiving error messages) Joakin has seen error, was advised to disconnect battery (really that's the fix after you have already replaced it)
4x4 not shifting error (still investigating) - stating they can't duplicate yet I brought it into the dealership while it was doing it and they saw it then couldn't find the issue so said it isn't an issue
4x4 error stating tires are all different sizes ( still investigating/been told doesn't exist)
Front left strut
FRont sway bar links
Dash ( 3 times)
Battery
Water Pump
Body Mounts
Odometer doesn't match truck since tech rolled it back then rolled it forward when installing dash so who knows what the km's are on the truck.
Front Sway bar links and leaking 3rd brake light.. That is it. 33k miles on my 2019 rebel

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Front left strut
FRont sway bar links
Dash ( 3 times)
Battery
Water Pump
Body Mounts
I had a 19 Laramie sport that was bought back under lemon law. It was night right from day one, vibrations , out of balance after 200 miles, front end, tires, wouldn’t keep alignment. Never went down the road straight from day 1. Tires chewed up, wobble wobble. Of course ram gave me the run around for a year. Many new parts/trips to dealers, balanced 7 times in 7900 miles, I was told that’s normal and so is chewed up tires at 3400 miles. No fix🤷🏻‍♂️ Had a 2021 built, I love these trucks, just not the unresolved issues! I will be trading this 21 before the 3 / 36,000 for sure! Good luck with all your issues, not fun! 😩 had over 12,000 miles on the 19 when ram finally took it back.

Kerig

Reaction score
So got confirmation today that FCA did in Fact withdraw from Canvap in Ontario (aka Lemon law) sooooo just a heads up if you have a ram, Chrysler fiat etc no more Lemon law for them as small courts cap compensation at 10k and apparently FCA has chosen not to participate any more

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So got confirmation today that FCA did in Fact withdraw from Canvap in Ontario (aka Lemon law) sooooo just a heads up if you have a ram, Chrysler fiat etc no more Lemon law for them as small courts cap compensation at 10k and apparently FCA has chosen not to participate any more
So you can get up to $10,000 in court for your defective truck?

ironox

Reaction score
Strange concept for a company to be able to opt out of something that's meant to help protect consumers.

God bless America.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Strange concept for a company to be able to opt out of something that's meant to help protect consumers.

God bless America.

I know they have multiple unresolved issues with these new trucks. My 19 fell under Iowa/North Carolina lemon law. Live in Iowa, but purchased in North Carolina! I see the same issues with the 2021’s as the 19’s had, brakes , leaks, vibrations, etc etc. It was costing them too much to replace all these trucks😩 Its not right!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know they have multiple unresolved issues with these new trucks. My 19 fell under Iowa/North Carolina lemon law. Live in Iowa, but purchased in North Carolina! I see the same issues with the 2021’s as the 19’s had, brakes , leaks, vibrations, etc etc. It was costing them too much to replace all these trucks😩 Its not right!
Just fix the issues from the factory and you’ll have the best truck out there!

Users who are viewing this thread