5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone added Baja designs lights please come in

Paulie T

Reaction score
My truck has the led lights but I just got a brand new set of Baja design squadron sports from a friend for a real cheap price.

I don’t want to replace my lights, I just want to add these to use for off road.

I can not figure out where to install them and looking up videos I’ve had no luck.

Anyone install these or something similar that can post some pics?

I was originally thinking behind the grill but not sure how I feel about cutting it. Hoping to install these Saturday.

brawler1588

Reaction score
I have them as ditch lights truck does not look like that now but the lights were my first light modification. I also have a onx6plus too.

273da6d71fa8767f48b837f6bc2dbb73.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Paulie T

Reaction score
I have them as ditch lights truck does not look like that now but the lights were my first light modification. I also have a onx6plus too.

273da6d71fa8767f48b837f6bc2dbb73.jpg

Looks real good. I was hoping to mount them somewhere less noticeable

brawler1588

Reaction score
Do you have tow hooks? You could do them in that area if you don't have tow hooks.

Paulie T

Reaction score
Do you have tow hooks? You could do them in that area if you don't have tow hooks.

I don’t have tow hooks and I didn’t even think of that. And I imagine those covers are failry inexpensive if I decided to change back. Appreciate it buddy.

Now to figure out how to mount them there lol

brawler1588

Reaction score
I don’t have tow hooks and I didn’t even think of that. And I imagine those covers are failry inexpensive if I decided to change back. Appreciate it buddy.

Now to figure out how to mount them there lol
Exactly shouldn't be crazy to replace. You need to get under there and see if there is anything you can mount to I did something similar with my baja s2 backup lights made a bracket for them.
0e4068d9883ca9afea9f19434f7f12a7.jpg
685cb4da375aacb66738970f8646a012.jpg
1832db598c1ee8d09764a3c2cfa14a89.jpg

brawler1588

Reaction score
"HolySchitz"o_Oo_O.....Brotha you did a "Killer Job"......Oh p.s hello from syracuse
Thank you it's the poor man's night edition, fount those black headlights for $250, front ram was replaced black, but all other badges I plasti dipped, chrome bumpers were vinyl wrapped, chrome grill I plastic dipped as well, nice always nice to meet a fellow New Yorker.

Paulie T

Reaction score
Appreciate it guys. I’ll get this done on Saturday. Have a welder at my place so I’ll figure out something. Planning on taking off the air dams also. I’ll post some pics when I’m done 🍻

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the shameless plug lol, but if you’re down to wait about 2 months and get a few more squadrons I’ll have my new grille kit in production 😏 full bolt on, no drilling/cutting. Comes with the grille replacement and laser cut + powdercoated brackets. It fits 5 lights. That second pic was just an experiment with 6 but I decided to stick with 5. Preorder price of $174.95 with free shipping too. Just throwing it out there 🙂 IMG_7024.jpeg IMG_5846.jpeg

Paulie T

Reaction score
Sorry for the shameless plug lol, but if you’re down to wait about 2 months and get a few more squadrons I’ll have my new grille kit in production 😏 full bolt on, no drilling/cutting. Comes with the grille replacement and laser cut + powdercoated brackets. It fits 5 lights. That second pic was just an experiment with 6 but I decided to stick with 5. Preorder price of $174.95 with free shipping too. Just throwing it out there 🙂 View attachment 171197 View attachment 171198

That looks nice!! I wasn’t even looking to get any lights. This happened because the deal I got on the set from a friend. (I feel like my wife talking about a sale and justifying her silly purchases). I would love to get your grill and think the lights being there actually look the best. I just do not think I can get more sets of lights at the price I paid.

Too bad you don’t have options for say 2 lights, or 4 or 6 😉

Really don’t though that is really nice

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
That looks nice!! I wasn’t even looking to get any lights. This happened because the deal I got on the set from a friend. (I feel like my wife talking about a sale and justifying her silly purchases). I would love to get your grill and think the lights being there actually look the best. I just do not think I can get more sets of lights at the price I paid.

Too bad you don’t have options for say 2 lights, or 4 or 6 😉

Really don’t though that is really nice
Haha thanks man! That’s how it always goes with those purchases 😂 I can make you a 3 light version actually haha I just don’t know how good it’ll look

Paulie T

Reaction score
Haha thanks man! That’s how it always goes with those purchases 😂 I can make you a 3 light version actually haha I just don’t know how good it’ll look
You are just an odd kinda guy 😂😂. Looking at it I see why you say 3 though. Let me see if I can get another kit and I’ll let you know.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
You are just an odd kinda guy 😂😂. Looking at it I see why you say 3 though. Let me see if I can get another kit and I’ll let you know.
Haha yeah the jig I have made to cut the holes lines up to the center point of the grille, which is why I have to do odd increments. So your options are 1,3,5, or if you don’t have parking sensors I could prob do 7 haha

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry for the shameless plug lol, but if you’re down to wait about 2 months and get a few more squadrons I’ll have my new grille kit in production 😏 full bolt on, no drilling/cutting. Comes with the grille replacement and laser cut + powdercoated brackets. It fits 5 lights. That second pic was just an experiment with 6 but I decided to stick with 5. Preorder price of $174.95 with free shipping too. Just throwing it out there 🙂 View attachment 171197 View attachment 171198
I’ve really admired your lower grille setup since joining the forum. How does one stay up to date for ordering the grille kit? 2 questions will the grille fit any 4” pod or just Baja? Also are the pods adjustable(up/down & left/right) or fixed in place ?

mplaramie

Reaction score
I’ve really admired your lower grille setup since joining the forum. How does one stay up to date for ordering the grille kit? 2 questions will the grille fit any 4” pod or just Baja? Also are the pods adjustable(up/down & left/right) or fixed in place ?
I want this too.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IMG_3700.jpg
I use my Squadron sports as ditch lights mounted with SDHQ A-pillar mounts.
Those are the only brackets I trust with all kinds of offroad actions. These are sturdy and beefy, and do not make your lights shake or vibrate when offroading.
These SDHQ ones also withstood taking a branch going 50mph down the trail. The branch hit the light and bracket but nothing happened other than a long scuff on my hood and a broken windshield wiper.
The other cheaper alternatives are flimsy and to be honest, if I was on some cheaper decorative brackets and took a hit at 50mph, I'd be looking at a broken windshield.

Now, are the sports good for ditch lights? Depends on what kind of lens pattern you have. If you use driving combo or spot then no they aren't. You want to use work or flood lenses to maximize the close areas near your truck. What I should've done (instead of reusing these I took off from my old rig), is to get a pair of XL pros for spot (for the throw to assist with the LP6s) and mount a pair of S1s aimed to the side for ditch. Squadron sports work ok, but not ideal.

BD also made a kit with 2 pairs of S2s to replace the fog lights. I like my stock fog lights enough but using a pair of S2 SAE in amber wired to the fog light switch and another pair of S2 driving combo wired to switch-pro would be my ideal choice to replace the stock ones.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I want this too.
Hey guys thanks so much for showing interest! I’m really excited to release this kit! It’s designed to work with *most* 3 inch pods on the market! I say *most* because once you start diving into the specs on many of the lights on the market you’ll find that they say 3” but that could mean anything from 2.8” all the way up to like 3.5” depending on the light! The largest lights I have confirmed have been Diode Dynamics SS3s. I bought them to be able to test fit and they look great in the grille but they’ll require a separate bracket for each light because the ones that DD supplies won’t work with how the lights need to be mounted with my kit. So plan on DD specific kits coming about a month later than the Baja kit. Other lights like Auxbeam or some knockoff lights also work! As long as they have a diameter of about 3.2 inches or less they should work however I can only guarantee what I’ve personally tried, which is Baja Designs, Diode Dynamics, Auxbeam, and a knock off set of BD. That being said, the kit is certainly optimized for Baja Designs lights and it will look the most flush/factory with BD lights. As far as adjustment goes, yes the mount itself has vertical adjustment! I designed it to where the lights are perfectly flush and have what I consider to be the optimal angle for light output, but if you’d like to adjust it small adjustments are possible with keeping everything fairly flush, while large adjustments may require slight modification. I don’t see this being an issue though. The mount has some horizontal adjustment to center the lights in the holes, but you can’t really adjust the angle of the lights. The mount fits the factory curve of the grille 100% perfectly, so your lights will follow the curve of the grille and give you a better spread of light than a standard straight light bar 👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread