5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone added Baja designs lights please come in

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks so much for showing interest! I’m really excited to release this kit! It’s designed to work with *most* 3 inch pods on the market! I say *most* because once you start diving into the specs on many of the lights on the market you’ll find that they say 3” but that could mean anything from 2.8” all the way up to like 3.5” depending on the light! The largest lights I have confirmed have been Diode Dynamics SS3s. I bought them to be able to test fit and they look great in the grille but they’ll require a separate bracket for each light because the ones that DD supplies won’t work with how the lights need to be mounted with my kit. So plan on DD specific kits coming about a month later than the Baja kit. Other lights like Auxbeam or some knockoff lights also work! As long as they have a diameter of about 3.2 inches or less they should work however I can only guarantee what I’ve personally tried, which is Baja Designs, Diode Dynamics, Auxbeam, and a knock off set of BD. That being said, the kit is certainly optimized for Baja Designs lights and it will look the most flush/factory with BD lights. As far as adjustment goes, yes the mount itself has vertical adjustment! I designed it to where the lights are perfectly flush and have what I consider to be the optimal angle for light output, but if you’d like to adjust it small adjustments are possible with keeping everything fairly flush, while large adjustments may require slight modification. I don’t see this being an issue though. The mount has some horizontal adjustment to center the lights in the holes, but you can’t really adjust the angle of the lights. The mount fits the factory curve of the grille 100% perfectly, so your lights will follow the curve of the grille and give you a better spread of light than a standard straight light bar 👍🏼
On your setup what are u running? Amber(outer) pair flood and middle pods driving pattern or spot?

ya3coub

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks so much for showing interest! I’m really excited to release this kit! It’s designed to work with *most* 3 inch pods on the market! I say *most* because once you start diving into the specs on many of the lights on the market you’ll find that they say 3” but that could mean anything from 2.8” all the way up to like 3.5” depending on the light! The largest lights I have confirmed have been Diode Dynamics SS3s. I bought them to be able to test fit and they look great in the grille but they’ll require a separate bracket for each light because the ones that DD supplies won’t work with how the lights need to be mounted with my kit. So plan on DD specific kits coming about a month later than the Baja kit. Other lights like Auxbeam or some knockoff lights also work! As long as they have a diameter of about 3.2 inches or less they should work however I can only guarantee what I’ve personally tried, which is Baja Designs, Diode Dynamics, Auxbeam, and a knock off set of BD. That being said, the kit is certainly optimized for Baja Designs lights and it will look the most flush/factory with BD lights. As far as adjustment goes, yes the mount itself has vertical adjustment! I designed it to where the lights are perfectly flush and have what I consider to be the optimal angle for light output, but if you’d like to adjust it small adjustments are possible with keeping everything fairly flush, while large adjustments may require slight modification. I don’t see this being an issue though. The mount has some horizontal adjustment to center the lights in the holes, but you can’t really adjust the angle of the lights. The mount fits the factory curve of the grille 100% perfectly, so your lights will follow the curve of the grille and give you a better spread of light than a standard straight light bar 👍🏼
I follow you on instagram, & I only wish if they were ready as I will be in the states next week.

I'm following you everywhere to buy it once it's released. :), maybe you can also work with BD for some discounts I'm sure allot more orders will come.

Next the 5th gen ram community are waiting for a skid plate like yours, if a fabricator can do something similar to your skid plate I'm buying it for sure as well.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I follow you on instagram, & I only wish if they were ready as I will be in the states next week.

I'm following you everywhere to buy it once it's released. :), maybe you can also work with BD for some discounts I'm sure allot more orders will come.

Next the 5th gen ram community are waiting for a skid plate like yours, if a fabricator can do something similar to your skid plate I'm buying it for sure as well.
Thanks brother for all the support!! I wish I could produce those skid plates haha

hvandyk

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if you completed the grill kit, and have these to purchase?

I am in Aus, and this is the best option with clean lines. Let me know. Thanks

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if you completed the grill kit, and have these to purchase?

I am in Aus, and this is the best option with clean lines. Let me know. Thanks
Hey thanks for checking in! They’re not ready just yet but we’re getting close! I’m really hoping by late January we’ll be shipping the first orders. I’ve never looked into how expensive shipping to Australia would be but I’m assuming it’s pretty pricey, so we may have to split shipping costs - just a heads up 👍🏼

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Sorry for the shameless plug lol, but if you’re down to wait about 2 months and get a few more squadrons I’ll have my new grille kit in production 😏 full bolt on, no drilling/cutting. Comes with the grille replacement and laser cut + powdercoated brackets. It fits 5 lights. That second pic was just an experiment with 6 but I decided to stick with 5. Preorder price of $174.95 with free shipping too. Just throwing it out there 🙂 View attachment 171197 View attachment 171198

Do you by chance have a front view of the 6 pod grille mesh?

GreyGhost

Reaction score
I just installed a Baja Designs OnX6+ 20" Rebel Bumper kit on my '24 Rebel G/T. I didn't realize that it didn't come with a full wiring harness, so I'm waiting on a Switch Pros SP-9100 and mounting bracket from NH Overland. I did test the light, and even behind the lower bumper grill, it's stupid bright.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed a Baja Designs OnX6+ 20" Rebel Bumper kit on my '24 Rebel G/T. I didn't realize that it didn't come with a full wiring harness, so I'm waiting on a Switch Pros SP-9100 and mounting bracket from NH Overland. I did test the light, and even behind the lower bumper grill, it's stupid bright.
oh yeah only the squadron and S2/ S1 comes with harness. TBH with the Switch Pros you can just run power directly from the switch pro and just body ground it. no need for harness.

i know it's not the advertised way of doing it but I ran my S8 40" for years like that and have no problem. Switch Pro itself is enough to handle it!
Or you can spend the ~$100 to use the harness and use the switch pro as trigger (use the harness, cut the switch circuit, find the side that sends power to the relay and wire that to the switch pro. I forgot which color it is that sends power... could be blue but don't quote me on that)

either way, you made good choice! welcome to team Baja Design and Switch Pros!

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
oh yeah only the squadron and S2/ S1 comes with harness. TBH with the Switch Pros you can just run power directly from the switch pro and just body ground it. no need for harness.

i know it's not the advertised way of doing it but I ran my S8 40" for years like that and have no problem. Switch Pro itself is enough to handle it!
Or you can spend the ~$100 to use the harness and use the switch pro as trigger (use the harness, cut the switch circuit, find the side that sends power to the relay and wire that to the switch pro. I forgot which color it is that sends power... could be blue but don't quote me on that)

either way, you made good choice! welcome to team Baja Design and Switch Pros!
Ballers!!!!!

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Do you have tow hooks? You could do them in that area if you don't have tow hooks.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Exactly shouldn't be crazy to replace. You need to get under there and see if there is anything you can mount to I did something similar with my baja s2 backup lights made a bracket for them.
0e4068d9883ca9afea9f19434f7f12a7.jpg
685cb4da375aacb66738970f8646a012.jpg
1832db598c1ee8d09764a3c2cfa14a89.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

thats where i put my

I have a Limited, so I have tow hooks. Does someone already made some brackets or good any good solution to mount so pod lights there? Maybe also a small bracket that can use the same bolt of the towhook and then another hole to mount a light at the other side of the bracket. A bit like in Brawler's example.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Limited, so I have tow hooks. Does someone already made some brackets or good any good solution to mount so pod lights there? Maybe also a small bracket that can use the same bolt of the towhook and then another hole to mount a light at the other side of the bracket. A bit like in Brawler's example.
when i install my reverse lights i just used this instead."Plug&Play"

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ARE U REFERRING TO FRONT TOW HOOK AREA?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Thanks for letting info and video. For the back it looks easy and plug and play indeed.

But I actually meant the front tow hooks. If someone found a solution to mount small lights on those?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for letting info and video. For the back it looks easy and plug and play indeed.

But I actually meant the front tow hooks. If someone found a solution to mount small lights on those?
i posted this early in this sectiono_O

Attachments

• 20230602_172909a_InPixio.jpg
    20230602_172909a_InPixio.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 17

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ballers!!!!!
lol i'm really not!
Before I started working in the shop I just wait till Black Friday for BD's cashback offers, then I also found a vendor that included BD in their BF sale with percentage off. Unfortunately the vendor corrected it the year after so no more FAT discounts.
Switch Pros I got off Amazon with Amazon credits that took like half of it off lol

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I saw. So that made me curious how you mounted them to the front. Although I have front tow hooks and you have a plastic cap that gives you more room.
You can check out diode dynamics.

There is nothing on the market for sale that your describing but diode makes some after market kits to replace oem equipment.

I’m sure they perform far better than the oem fogs.

Attachments

• IMG_7192.png
    IMG_7192.png
    255.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7191.png
    IMG_7191.png
    182.4 KB · Views: 24

NickInTheValley

Reaction score
Corey, when is your mount going to be available, and where will it be available? I haven't seen mention of a website or business anywhere that I could order from.
Hey thanks for checking in! They’re not ready just yet but we’re getting close! I’m really hoping by late January we’ll be shipping the first orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online