5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody wish they had bought a different vehicle?

antwon412

Reaction score
In some ways I wish I had bought a nice new Rubicon Unlimited. I built went out with every option I would want. They really fully loaded one. Beautiful blue color with a tan seats. All sorts of great options. MSRP was close to $10,000 cheaper than a Rebel.

Now obviously they are really two different vehicles. I really do enjoy the luxury-esque feeling of my Rebel. But man I do love those Unlimiteds.

to scratch my itch I am picking up a nice TJ tomorrow.

maybe when I hit the lottery I’ll have a nice new Rubicon in the garage as well 😄

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In some ways I wish I had bought a nice new Rubicon Unlimited. I built went out with every option I would want. They really fully loaded one. Beautiful blue color with a tan seats. All sorts of great options. MSRP was close to $10,000 cheaper than a Rebel.

Now obviously they are really two different vehicles. I really do enjoy the luxury-esque feeling of my Rebel. But man I do love those Unlimiteds.

to scratch my itch I am picking up a nice TJ tomorrow.

maybe when I hit the lottery I’ll have a nice new Rubicon in the garage as well 😄

That's natural, after you buy something it loses it luster and you start day dreaming of something else. It would have been the same if you got the Rubicon.

Usually for me, it eventually builds to me getting another vehicle in 3-4 years after getting bored and wanting something else. I use to go truck, sedan or sport car, back to truck, repeating the cycle. However, I decided to stay with trucks as my primary due to the great resale value, buying a new sedan or coupe in this market, especially a German means very high depreciation.

So to scratch my sedan/coupe itch, I buy those used, since they are really cheap after a few years. I would love a Wrangler for the narrow trails in my area (looking at a new ZR2 right now), but their resale is crazy.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope. I love the Ram. I loved my Titan before it. I had the Titans for 15 years. I suspect I'll have the Ram for 15 years; at my current rate of mileage it will have 120k miles on it 15 years from now.

I was on the lot today waiting for my truck on its oil change and tire rotation and I was looking at Jeep stickers. The Jeep pickups were stickered at 67k. Outrageous. The 4 door Jeeps were 60k. I love Jeeps - I've had 2 of them - but no way would I pay anything more than a pittance for one. They're fun to goof around in on Sunday but they suck as an every day vehicle and they are ridiculously overpriced, like Harleys.

One thing about the grass is always greener thing: every time you cross the fence it usually costs a pretty hefty toll.

TheMopars

Reaction score
I helped my wife shop for her Wrangler Unlimited. 6 months later I started looking at a Gladiator. While there I decided to check out a 1500 Laramie and take a test drive. Bought it a few days later and still love it. Wife threatens to not give it back every time she drives it. I do miss the Challenger SRT every once in a while but not enough to regret trading it in.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Everytime my wife parks the RAM in the garage I wish I had bought a different house. Last month she parked about 4” shy of where it needed to be (totally unsure as to why) and the garage door did it’s magic on the bumper. 😬😦
Funny thing, when the Prius was in the garage, clearance was no real big issue...
🤔

Attachments

• E4AE7200-F88A-4940-BC12-4D88B6AED901.jpeg
    E4AE7200-F88A-4940-BC12-4D88B6AED901.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 49CA0941-8427-4F39-94AB-1477CF8DD927.jpeg
    49CA0941-8427-4F39-94AB-1477CF8DD927.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 129

OtterRam

Reaction score
Many other cars and SUVs seem cool/are lustfull HOWEVER

I couldn’t imagine driving a tiny car again, full size or no size !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camaro430sut

Reaction score
At 34 years old I've owned 78 cars thus far. Currently have six. Do I wish I bought something else, no not really. Im happy with my truck. Itll hang around two more years til the warranty is up and then onto something else.

And to the OP, I have a JK in my "fleet", wranglers are terrible daily driver vehicles. Ive had three others. They are much better as a toy vehicle. Especially if you have a garage so you can just leave the top/doors off

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
That's natural, after you buy something it loses it luster and you start day dreaming of something else. It would have been the same if you got the Rubicon.

Usually for me, it eventually builds to me getting another vehicle in 3-4 years after getting bored and wanting something else. I use to go truck, sedan or sport car, back to truck, repeating the cycle. However, I decided to stay with trucks as my primary due to the great resale value, buying a new sedan or coupe in this market, especially a German means very high depreciation.

So to scratch my sedan/coupe itch, I buy those used, since they are really cheap after a few years. I would love a Wrangler for the narrow trails in my area (looking at a new ZR2 right now), but their resale is crazy.
Ditto, although in my case it’s trucks and SUVs. Tried the sedan route a few years ago and could not get used to being so low to the ground. I usually keep my vehicles about two and half to three years.

So yeah, love my RAM, but I’ve loved pretty much every other vehicle I’ve owned before, so I‘m sure I will love whatever’s next. ;)

highgear2005

Reaction score
Even with a few minor issues, I truly enjoy my bighorn. I drove a 97 TJ sport for 7 plus years. It was a fun. Lot of great memories. But I could never go back to a Jeep. In school,I always wanted a ford ranger, after all my friends had them, loved how they looked. Well in 2011 I finally got my ranger. TBH it was the biggest mistake of my life. Driving a ranger at 30 wasn’t the same as running around in my buddies at 16. My budget (wife) set my price cap, on my bighorn. It has everything I wanted and then some. If the rebel was under my cap I would have gone that way. I love the fender flares and wheel combo, it’s the best looking truck on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny thing, when the Prius was in the garage, clearance was no real big issue...
🤔
Or picking up chicks, going mud bogging , hauling a buddy's new mongo air compressor home for him or towing that 28’ travel trailer in the driveway! 😉

Back in subject...love my Ram! Have owned fourteen in my lifetime going back to the late 1980s and have never regretted any of them. Granted, my two Ecodiesels were challenging given all the problems but even then I never regretted the purchase...only the service department experience and FCAs lack of standing behind an engine with obvious design flaws.

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I feel your pain. My license plate on my Fully Built GT500 says NVER ENF, because nothing is ever enough for me. I ALWAYS am thinking of the next upgrade or next thing on my list.
It is a slippery slope my friend. lol. I feel your pain though.
While it sucks to feel, that is my motivation to work harder, so its not all bad right?

kilcher

Reaction score
Bought my Ram used with 11,000 miles in February and still love it as much as the day I bought it. Stock except for Falken Wildpeaks and a spray-in bedliner. It's my first full-size truck (and first truck since my 2000 Dakota) so I'm still loving the feel of being in a truck. One thing my wife's new car has that I really wish my Ram had is the proximity lock/unlock on the doors. That is NICE and a lot better than having to take the fob out of my pocket every time. I keep my vehicles for about 7 years so maybe someday...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Bought my Ram used with 11,000 miles in February and still love it as much as the day I bought it. Stock except for Falken Wildpeaks and a spray-in bedliner. It's my first full-size truck (and first truck since my 2000 Dakota) so I'm still loving the feel of being in a truck. One thing my wife's new car has that I really wish my Ram had is the proximity lock/unlock on the doors. That is NICE and a lot better than having to take the fob out of my pocket every time. I keep my vehicles for about 7 years so maybe someday...
Yep, that‘s a must have for me.

Cheers,

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope. I've had more issues with my '19 Ram than I did with the two previous Ram 1500s combined. However, since I was purchasing an early build I anticipated this. Whatever the issue my dealer's service staff has totally resolved first time, every time.

I've been in new F-150s, Silverados, and a Tundra and I still would opt for a DT Ram.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044588 miles.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
... So yeah, love my RAM, but I’ve loved pretty much every other vehicle I’ve owned before, so I‘m sure I will love whatever’s next. ;)

I couldn't have said that better myself, exactly how I feel. I loved pretty much everything I've owned, right now it's my Rebel, something next time.

MARTY

Reaction score
Went from a truck to a Lincoln MKC a real nice SUV fully loaded.That lasted 5 months. I decided then I have to go back to a truck. The 2019 Rebel filled the bill. Wife drives a 2018 JK which we also pull behind motorhome. There is no way to get a loaded Jeep JK equal to a Rebel. A Jeep is good for what its made for and a truck for everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/