5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody wish they had bought a different vehicle?

taz2016

Reaction score

Anybody wish they had bought a different vehicle?​

Other than a horrible air conditioner I'm relatively happy with my Ram so far. Yes, I know there is a cure but I don't relish letting dealer techs that I wouldn't trust to change my oil tearing my dash apart. And putting it back together correctly without rattles, or scratches.
As to your question, ask me in a few years.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Nothing else I would have bought at the time or now 2.5 years later. My next truck will be 100% electric. I think I actually like the Denali 1500 front styling better, but their tailgate is stupid, and every time I see the interior I cringe. My only other option would be buy a beater truck for dirt cheap and restore it up to something decent. My wife would never go for that though lol.

I hate the way Wranglers drive. They should never be daily drivers. Fun toys but not a practical vehicle for day to day.

FarmerJohn

Reaction score
I sold my 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with lots of upgrades (tires, suspension, etc..) for my Ram1500 Bighorn. I love the ride. I drive 300 miles each way to a farm, haul loaded trailers, on dirt roads that require 4wd when it’s wet or snow covered, etc... my truck can do a lot more than my Jeep did. No regrets here.

Last edited:

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happy I got a RAM. Wish I got one optioned slightly differently, not no regret as of now getting the RAM.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Everytime my wife parks the RAM in the garage I wish I had bought a different house. Last month she parked about 4” shy of where it needed to be (totally unsure as to why) and the garage door did it’s magic on the bumper. 😬😦
Funny thing, when the Prius was in the garage, clearance was no real big issue...
🤔
I hear that! When I built my house 4 years ago, I had the garage depth increased to 28' just in case I ever wanted to buy a truck. 2 years later, I bought my first RAM 1500 Limited. It's SO nice to have all that space even for a huge truck like ours.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Happy I got a RAM. Wish I got one optioned slightly differently, not no regret as of now getting the RAM.
What do you wish you would have gotten or wish you wouldn’t have as an option?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you wish you would have gotten or wish you wouldn’t have as an option?
Power passenger seat for the wife on the Big Horn/Lone Star Rams. Ram is missing the boat by not having it as an option as many of us guys should opt for it even if an $895 option...especially if they made an passenger ejection seat standard equipment for the wives complaining about no power seat! :)

rbundy84

Reaction score
Power passenger seat for the wife on the Big Horn/Lone Star Rams. Ram is missing the boat by not having it as an option as many of us guys should opt for it even if an $895 option...especially if they made an passenger ejection seat standard equipment for the wives complaining about no power seat! :)
Whichever car maker comes up with power plexiglass partitions which divide the car into individual zones for when passengers (mostly kids) go batshit crazy will make a fortune

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hear that! When I built my house 4 years ago, I had the garage depth increased to 28' just in case I ever wanted to buy a truck. 2 years later, I bought my first RAM 1500 Limited. It's SO nice to have all that space even for a huge truck like ours.
Envy emoji all across the line...

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m very happy with my ecodiesel. It is the best compromise for what I want and what I need. The only truck I’ve wanted for a lot of years and never gotten is a Ram HD Cummins. Never been able to justify getting one. The ecodiesel is way better as a daily driver and can handle my camper and boat. I know someday I’ll get one though.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Delete etorque and 20" rims, add anti spin, bed utility group, and 33 gal tank. But I bought the deal instead of the truck.
Same here, I got a heck of a deal on my truck so it’s not exactly what I wanted. If I had my choice I would have the crew cab with 6’-4” bed, no Nav, LED light package and bed utility group. And it would be a Patriot Blue North Edition

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The only thing I didn't get that I wanted was the MFT and realistically, that would have been useful but far from necessary based on my use

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes wish I had bought a new SuperDuty with the new 7.3L or a HD RAM so it would be a bit more capable.. but I liked the ride of the 1/2 tons way better.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 19 had the 33 gal tank and my 21 one does not. Also wasn't looking for an eT, but that's all dealers have on their lots down here. We all "settle" unless you factory order ;) I LOVE my new 21 but it's 95% of what I wanted and I am OK with that. Now, when I get my TRX (or Raptor) down the line...it will be 100% as I'm not spending that kind of money to not get exactly what I want!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope it’s 97% of what I wanted with the options I wanted and with the options I didn’t want. Sometime wish I would of gotten delmonico red (previous ram was red pearl aka close enough), granite was my second choice, got the standard 23 gallon tank wish I would of gotten the 33 but no biggie. It was a local truck so it saved me a lot of hassle traveling to get what I wanted and the ones that was within a couple hours had Etorque which I absolutely did not want.

I think it’s important enough to be satisfy with your purchase before u sign the paperwork and commit or else you’ll second guess your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread