5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any regrets not getting 12" screen?

hammer722

Reaction score
not disagreeing with your post but this line reminded me about something Tesla's going through - the huge screens they use have started leaking their fluids - so in a way, they (plus Toyota Prius etc) with larger screens are having issues due to screen size/grade

Leaking Screen Saga

just something to think about with FCA
Sounds like tesla has had problems with their screens ever since they released the Model S? That being said, have previous owners had issues with the 8" screens in the RAMs? Have others reported severe issues with there 12s already? On the bright side I would think FCA would cover most issues under the 3/36,000 warranty. If someone has had an issue with their 12 and FCA told them too bad, I would be interested in hearing about it

brotharon

Reaction score
I have the 12" screen. I love the 12" screen in my truck. My wife has a Wrangler with the 8.4" screen ( I believe that it is the same one as in the Ram trucks). The 8.4 seems a little bit faster and more responsive than the 12", but that could be down to software in the Ram. I really like the split screen for some things and the full screen nav is excellent. It is a little bit bright at night time if I have the nav on. I have it on auto dim with the headlights, but maybe it is not working right...i am not sure. Anyway, there are benefits to the 12" screen, and there are good things about the 8" screen. At the end of the day I do not think that I would be upset if I had the 8" screen, but it is cool to see the reaction you get from new passengers when they see the whole center of the dash light up.

Steph1975

Reaction score
I wanted it but I couldn’t justify the extra cost. I’m hoping it becomes standard when it’s time for me to get a new Ram.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I like that there are choices ... And the 8.4 was the one I wanted. My dealer said that nobody comes in saying they don't want leather or the big screen, but insists on 3.92 rear and 33 gallon tank. Guess you're looking at him.

RAMpage

Reaction score
I specifically requested the 8.4 Nav version since it drives me crazy that CarPlay/AA can't use the full screen on the 12 (hopefully one day it will but who knows if it ever will and even if it does I doubt they'd work with older versions as FCA/UConnect isn't known for supplying patches that enable new features for previous versions). Was hard to find a Rebel here with the 12 and no leather upgrade also (I didn't want leather - pricey upgrade here and the leather in my 2015 Laramie didn't last long), so just made my decision easier.
Like others have mentioned to each their own. I am just happy the 8.4 has a much higher res than my 8.4 in the 2015 truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/